+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: How many episodes are left? *POSSIBLE SPOILERS WITHIN*

  1. #11
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284

    Sorry!

    Damn! Sorry about referencing a spoiler in a previously non-spoiler thread! My apologies!

    And thanks to whomever it was who changed the thread's title (Paulie?)

    Sorry again!

  2. #12
    Starbucks is your friend Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    12,166
    I am guessing it will all become clear when the nature of the bootee's being returned is finally explained.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

  3. #13
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Hm? Part 1 AND part 2? Does that mean nobody's getting booted this week?
    My thoughts exactly. From the commercials I have seen, I can't tell if this is a vote off episode, or additional filler to take the place of the re-cap show which normally airs after episode 6.

  4. #14
    Back from the dead! brusch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Above the Cheddar Curtain
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,567
    Once again, I'll just wait and see what they'll do on Thursday. With all the buzz about the spoilers, I think MB will show us as much as possible in order to remove doubts about the fairness of it all. There would just be too much backlash if it wasn't shown as fair for all involved.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

    So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

  5. #15
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Once again, I'll just wait and see what they'll do on Thursday. With all the buzz about the spoilers, I think MB will show us as much as possible in order to remove doubts about the fairness of it all. There would just be too much backlash if it wasn't shown as fair for all involved.
    I agree, bringing back voted off folks, definitely looks like a lack of fairness issue. In my opinion, once you have been voted offf...adios'

  6. #16
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    222
    CBS via a press release (which can be read on www.thefutoncritic.com) outlined their plans for November sweeps.

    "Survivor: Pearl Islands" is scheduled to air each Thursday (10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20). According to their schedule, a 9TH person is voted off on the 11/13 episode, which would seem to suggest that the 10/30 and 11/6 episodes will still feature a tribal council (or two councils on 11/6). Also, the 11/6 episode will feature a wedding?!

    Since the sweeps period ends on Wednesday, 11/26, the network hasn't announced the line-up for Thanksgiving night (11/27). So, it is unclear if CBS will air repeats (likely two "CSI's") or air the annual (and dispised) recap hour that night.

    On a personal note, I thought that waiting until after episode 10 to have a recap would be a little late in the game, until I discovered that the "Survivor: Amazon" recap aired following episode 9 last spring.

    If CBS airs an original episode each week through the finale (including Thanksgiving, which is questionable), "Survivor: Pearl Islands" will conclude on Dec. 11TH. I'm not sure if CBS would want the conclusion to air Dec. 18TH (if a recap episode is thrown in), since that would be one week before the Christmas holiday, and possibly lessen the amount of people watching. Certainly, CBS wouldn't wait until the next Thursday (Christmas day) to air the season ender.

    So, conclusion: the timetable for the rest of the season should become crystal clear following the Thanksgiving week.

  7. #17
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    CBS via a press release (which can be read on www.thefutoncritic.com) outlined their plans for November sweeps.

    "Survivor: Pearl Islands" is scheduled to air each Thursday (10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20). According to their schedule, a 9TH person is voted off on the 11/13 episode, which would seem to suggest that the 10/30 and 11/6 episodes will still feature a tribal council (or two councils on 11/6). Also, the 11/6 episode will feature a wedding?!

    Since the sweeps period ends on Wednesday, 11/26, the network hasn't announced the line-up for Thanksgiving night (11/27). So, it is unclear if CBS will air repeats (likely two "CSI's") or air the annual (and dispised) recap hour that night.

    On a personal note, I thought that waiting until after episode 10 to have a recap would be a little late in the game, until I discovered that the "Survivor: Amazon" recap aired following episode 9 last spring.

    If CBS airs an original episode each week through the finale (including Thanksgiving, which is questionable), "Survivor: Pearl Islands" will conclude on Dec. 11TH. I'm not sure if CBS would want the conclusion to air Dec. 18TH (if a recap episode is thrown in), since that would be one week before the Christmas holiday, and possibly lessen the amount of people watching. Certainly, CBS wouldn't wait until the next Thursday (Christmas day) to air the season ender.

    So, conclusion: the timetable for the rest of the season should become crystal clear following the Thanksgiving week.
    Wow! Thanks for the info! Although I cannot get the link to work!

  8. #18
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    222
    CBS isn't waiting until Thanksgiving week to outline its future "Survivor" timetable.

    According to the website tv.zap2it.com (no www in front) in an article about why Mark Burnett introduced the twist, it mentions that the winner will announced in the usual two-hour finale on Sunday, Dec. 14. The finale will air live from Panama. Since I'm assuming that CBS ordered the usual 13 episodes (including the two-hour finale), that would mean that CBS will not air an episode on Thanksgiving night.

    According to the current schedule, episode 12 will air Thursday, Dec. 11 with the final episode 13 airing the following Sunday.

    No doubt great news for all "Survivor"-addicts, due to the two-part "twist" episode (according to the above website), CBS will not air a mid-season recap (i.e. clip) show as it has with previous seasons.

  9. #19
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284

    What am I missing here???

    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    CBS isn't waiting until Thanksgiving week to outline its future "Survivor" timetable.

    According to the website tv.zap2it.com (no www in front) in an article about why Mark Burnett introduced the twist, it mentions that the winner will announced in the usual two-hour finale on Sunday, Dec. 14. The finale will air live from Panama. Since I'm assuming that CBS ordered the usual 13 episodes (including the two-hour finale), that would mean that CBS will not air an episode on Thanksgiving night.
    I think I'm missing something here. Wouldn't they have to air an episode on Thanksgiving to keep with the timetable you outlined?

    Episode 7.1 - October 30, 2003
    Episode 7.2 - November 6, 2003
    Episode 8 - November 13, 2003
    Episode 9 - November 20, 2003
    Episode 10 - November 27, 2003 (Thanksgiving)
    Episode 11 - December 4, 2003
    Episode 12 - December 11, 2003
    Episode 13 and Reunion - December 14, 2003

    On the upside, no recap episode means not ahving to wait two weeks for my Survivor fix! Thanks for the info, jpoliver!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.