----------------------
    Total - 520 lbs

Morgan:
    Osten - 160 lbs - out
    Andrew - 160 lbs - outlasted
    RyanO - 140 lbs - outlasted
    ---------------------
    Total - 460 lbs

Drake seemed to have 60 more pounds of weight!
    that's been bothering me too, but it must be a screw up in the show editing somewhere. It would have been obviously unfair to the people there if weight was added to one team and not the other. I'm guessing that Rupert had may have dropped at 200, Shawn or Christa may have had 20 less, and Andrew may have been carrying 180. (At the end, it looked like Andrew had more than two bags more than Ryano.) (I'll see if it's possible to count the sacks on their poles. I watched Friends and taped Survivor, so I still have it.)

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm

I thought their strategy was WAY off. Not that my girl Christa doesn't deserve props, but if she'd had say, 60 pounds on her from the beginning, she wouldn't have lasted as long. Not that it mattered anyway, but . . .
    Women can have amazing endurance.

I agree about putting a bit of weight on everyone to start tiring them and then start breaking people. I'm sure that Morgan had real concern that Rupert could last much, much longer than all 5 other weight bearers. Drake on the other hand was particularly stupid not to put weight on Ryano earlier. by then, they'd seen that Osten was all looks and no will.

Also, I think that it was a waste to put the final 20 pounds on Rupert before he broke. Rupert was already struggling and the game was young. When Osten went out, Morgan really wanted Rupert out, but it would have helped them more to put the weight on Shawn and let Rupert go out on his own.

You know--it's amazing how we are still talking aobut that weight competition. It's Monday and I am still thinking about it. Can hardly wait until Survivor on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    that's been bothering me too, but it must be a screw up in the show editing somewhere. It would have been obviously unfair to the people there if weight was added to one team and not the other. I'm guessing that Rupert had may have dropped at 200, Shawn or Christa may have had 20 less, and Andrew may have been carrying 180. (At the end, it looked like Andrew had more than two bags more than Ryano.) (I'll see if it's possible to count the sacks on their poles. I watched Friends and taped Survivor, so I still have it.)
    I think part of the discrepancy was Andrew's (blantatly illegal, in my opinion) request that his teammates wait before adding the weights to his pole until Christa collapsed. That doesn't cover the entire shortfall, however.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I think part of the discrepancy was Andrew's (blantatly illegal, in my opinion) request that his teammates wait before adding the weights to his pole until Christa collapsed. That doesn't cover the entire shortfall, however.
    I just reviewed my tape. Paulie--Osten told his teammates to hold off, not Andrew. And Christa's weight hadn't been added yet either, so all seems fair with that.

counting the bags, of course, didn't work, because some bags could hide others, but it was possible to see the number of ropes draped over the top of the pole up close during certain shots of the person's face or when weight was added.

When Rupert was dropping his weight, I counted 10 ropes across the pole on his right side--that's 200 pounds.

Toward the end, I counted 9 ropes across Andrew's pole, his right side, that's 180.

Just before he dropped, I was able to count 7 ropes on Shawn's pole, his left side, so 140 appears to be correct for him.

I wasn't able to confirm the number of ropes over the poles of Christa, Ryano, or Osten.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate your checking.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    The point is the weakest member of Drake tribe shouldn't had been the one saying they threw the challenge. It made him look even more pathetic and vulnerable, and then it was Christa who participated in this week's IC and not that loser Jon.
    I agree, Rab. In fact, if he was going to point out how they threw the challenge, why not point out that they threw it simply by sitting out their two strongest tribemates? Instead, Jon had to say that he was the key to them throwing it by directing people away from the Morgan players. What an arrogant twit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Yeah, that really bothered me, Paulie. I thought there should have been a penalty, but I guess they figured that Morgan still had two, as compared to Christa being the only Drake left.

Still bugged me, though.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

FORT Fogey
    I didn't think it was fair either that they could just wait for Christa's poll to fall instead of adding more weight. I thought there was something wrong with that, too. Oh well, nothing we can do about that now. Or ever lol.

Premium Member
    Just food for thought, I find it interesting that Morgan has attained 1/3 of the map to find the buried treasure, but, via editing, they have shown no interest in trying to find the treasure like Morgan did when they got their first 1/3 of the map (Unless I missed something). I wonder if Rupert, during his 3 day "Capture" told them how lame the goodies were in the treasure chest, so they have opted not to waste any time or energy trying to find it. Any thoughts???
    Last edited by Roz_City; 10-28-2003 at 10:55 PM.

I noticed that too, although it seems like they get nothing else done also. I wondered once also if there were actually multiple treasures, but the third map would only lead to a certain one. I doubt it now, but the other one was well hidden and it wouldn't surprise me if MB tried it.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread