+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 10/23 Show Discussion

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    Andrew is not smart enuf to think about Drake throwing the chess challenge. Why would you sit out your two strongest members in a game of brawns????? Hello? Anyone in there? Andrew still believed that they won that fair and square, how clueless can you get?
    I don't think Andrew is dumb at all. I think he's like Rupert in that he is very competitive, so he can't imagine deliberately losing.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but I was just wondering if there's been any discussion on the strategy for the IC? When it started, I was expecting one of the teams to evenly distribute the weights across all three participants until someone started to look weak and then go after that one. Doesn't make sense to let Ryan stand there for almost the entire game with nothing on him. Even a small amount of weight would have an effect, right? So let everyone suffer from the beginning, as best you can. The other advantage is that you might have more than one opponent clock out at the same time, something which would never happen with a sequential attack like both tribes employed.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Premium Member
    Just a thought, how creepy was Jon for telling Morgan that they threw the challenge. Can't wait until he takes the walk of shame. I hope he is not on the Jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Haven't read the whole thread yet, but I was just wondering if there's been any discussion on the strategy for the IC? When it started, I was expecting one of the teams to evenly distribute the weights across all three participants until someone started to look weak and then go after that one. Doesn't make sense to let Ryan stand there for almost the entire game with nothing on him. Even a small amount of weight would have an effect, right? So let everyone suffer from the beginning, as best you can. The other advantage is that you might have more than one opponent clock out at the same time, something which would never happen with a sequential attack like both tribes employed.
    I don't believe that IM strategy has been discussed yet.

I too was surprised that they didn't put at least 40 pounds on everyone to start stressing their muscles before piling up on one.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I don't believe that IM strategy has been discussed yet.

I too was surprised that they didn't put at least 40 pounds on everyone to start stressing their muscles before piling up on one.

I thought their strategy was WAY off. Not that my girl Christa doesn't deserve props, but if she'd had say, 60 pounds on her from the beginning, she wouldn't have lasted as long. Not that it mattered anyway, but . . .
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I agree with you on one hand Paulie (and chirospasm). They had 600lbs which would have meant 200 per person. That's a lot of weight for anyone. As a libra, though, I am always looking at both sides of any issue. It's possible that if they would have tried to distribute the weight evenly that people like Osten might have lasted longer. If Osten had 160 pounds on him at the same time that Christa had 160 pounds on her, he might have hung in there out of sheer male pride. As it was, he was the first person(with Rupert who appeared to have bad knees) to have a large amount of weight placed on him. I'm sure that he thought no one else (certainly not a girl!) could handle more weight than him so he quit sooner than he might have if he had been going head to head with a competitor he considered to be physically weaker.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Yeah, I guess that's possible, stargazer. BUT Osten has demonstrated no mental toughness at all in this series as yet. As John mentioned several weeks ago, Osten's one "shining moment" (the two-hour rope hold) relied heavily on leverage and friction. Once he was required to handle all of the load-bearing himself, it was over in seconds. I don't think he has the kind of mind-over-matter reserves that Andrew demonstrated in last week's IC or at least he hasn't given himself mental permission to tap those reserves.

At a minimum, a guy like Ryan shouldn't have been allowed to stand there with just 15 pounds on his shoulders for nearly the entire duration of the competition. He needed something to start working away at his muscles.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Very good points, Paulie. I'm certainly not going to defend Osten's toughness. I believe I would rather have the two year old that spent 19 days alone on my tribe. She demonstrated more intestinal fortitude than Osten ever did. However, I think that Osten *might* have at least tried to stay in until his only female competitor bailed out. I do agree, however, that they should have put more weight on RyanO from the beginning. He is definitely more of a physical threat than Osten, regardless of Osten's bulk.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

It doesn't add up!

Here's how IC went:

Drake:
    Rupert - 220 lbs - out
    Shawn - 140 lbs - out
    Christa - 160 lbs - out
    ----------------------
    Total - 520 lbs

Morgan:
    Osten - 160 lbs - out
    Andrew - 160 lbs - outlasted
    RyanO - 140 lbs - outlasted
    ---------------------
    Total - 460 lbs

Drake seemed to have 60 more pounds of weight!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    How the heck did you figure that all out??
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread