+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 10/23 Show Discussion

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I think it will be a challenge with all the past challenges combined, kind of like a second chance. They have done it before.
    thank you for the insight & reply. that does sound very plausible...it could be.. I'm really hoping for something better though, that would be so disappointing!!

Wow, pretty good episode. There are plenty of spoilers out there, but MB knows how to hold your attention. The past few days I'd seen in several places that Trish would get the boot. What's great about the editing (or not) is that up until the last 15 minutes of the show there was almost no possibility of that happening. The Christa-Trish-Sandra alliance seemed tight, and Rupert was there also. The only real clues were Michelle's chat indicating that Trish was a leader. But up until she announced her plan, I thought the greatest chance for her to go would be a tie and the purple rock, not her flip on Rupert and Sandra's speaking up. Well done.

Rupert, you don't disappoint. He echoed what many of us have said here (and what happened tonight), that nothing is certain in this game. He's doing his part to help Drake stay in this, and those who wanted him out don't realize that they may need him. The IC showed this; the current Drake team can't match up in physical challenges person to person with Burton gone. If Rupert goes, Morgan will pick off the remaining Drakes if their alliance holds.

Jon, ....first a positive note. I thought he made a valid point at the beginning about Shawn not helping much with the shelter and pretty much being deadweight, but...Morgan already has momentum after throwing the challenge, but you didn't have to go and f---- tell them that fact. Alright, I know I said this when it happened, but Drake denied it at the IC and TC as to not alert Burton to the plan, and also so Morgan wouldn't know as it would probably enrage them and give them an incentive to win. The original plan and disharmony cost Drake 3 challenges, but this cost another IC and it's now 5-5 from 8-5. If the rest of Drake knew what Jon had said, he'd probably be shark fodder in the Pacific right now.

Jon's mouth led to Andrew giving one of the finest challenge performances ever. I don't know what the weight or time was, but his tears at the end said it all. Jon lit Andrew's fire and he could be unstoppable. Morgan still may not have a real plan or leader, but their five are very unified and I think the common goal of winning and revenge for Drake's arrogance might be enough (if they can keep Osten's head in it). The challenge could have shown how big of a mistake Drake had made, but Osten underacheived again, Christa was tough, but Andrew was so p.o'd that he could have taken all the weight himself.

Sandra, finally got to see some of what I thought you had. The alliance seemed tight, but Sandra was smart enough to inform Rupert, and then get Christa on board. Whether you like Rupert or not, I think it was the right decision for the Drake members in the long run. Not including Jon in this was great also, but voting him out wasn't an option at this time.

Osten, spend a little less time worrying about the pelican and more about the game. I'm liking the rest of Morgan more and more the last three episodes.

I've already written too much for now. It looks like the next couple of episodes will flip things even more, it's anyone's game.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I know this thread is marked "*SPOILERS*" but that's only about this episode. Please keep actual future spoilers out of threads not made for them.
    I agree, there are several specific spoiler threads (some are back a page or two) for discussion on what might be coming up. I read most, but I can tell by some of the posts in this thread that some don't. Speculation on the spoilers "those" threads, tonights episode "this" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Many will say that his TC speech was bad, but I'm gonna disagree with that again this week............In Survivor, knowing a fellow Survivor is honest is more important than any physical attribute he can have.
    I thought the speech could hurt him, but it appears that Drake recognizes this. Right now, I'd trust Christa, but know that Sandra could turn (but maybe only on "snakes"). I wouldn't trust Shawn but also don't see him planning anything. They know they can't trust Jon, but they don't know how much after his loose lips at Morgan.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Jon's mouth led to Andrew giving one of the finest challenge performances ever. I don't know what the weight or time was, but his tears at the end said it all. Jon lit Andrew's fire and he could be unstoppable. Morgan still may not have a real plan or leader, but their five are very unified and I think the common goal of winning and revenge for Drake's arrogance might be enough (if they can keep Osten's head in it).
    Andew stepped up to the plate all thanks to Jon's snotty remarks. I was very impressed with Andrew's determination to win Immunity. You go Andrew!

I didn't want Morgan to win because Drake is still my favorite, but this was a tough well-earned win for Morgan.

Hey everybody!

I just got home and watched the show; I haven't had a chance to read any posts but had to throw in my two cents.

My winners from this show:

1. Andrew: Up until now, I thought he was all talk--you know, lawyer and all that, but my respect for him soared after this episode. The mere fact that he held 160 pounds for such a long time was great enough, but he was breaking his concentration to speak..."Let's go, Morgan!" He's riled now. I'd watch out for him in the upcoming challenges.

2. Rupert: He was a powerful presence once again. Holding 220 pounds up!? Good lawd, the man's a tree! I was glad he stayed tonight.

3. Christa: I've liked her from day one, but holding up the same weight as Osten was mighty cool. I also liked how she stayed loyal to Rupert...maybe not the best strategy in the long run, but I like seeing some backbone vs. backstabbing every now and then.

4. RyanO: I've liked him all along as well, and he did well in the challenge (albeit a much shorter time than the others), and I liked his defense of the pelican and putting Osten in his place.

Special props go to Pelican Pete for being Morgan's mascot and making Osten look even more pusillanimous.

The losers are Trish, Jon, and Osten, and you all know why.

This was an awesome show--one of the best yet!!!

Omigod! Did you see that look on Jon?! That was memorable. I think they will replay that in the reunion. Let's see if he can do that prancing on the way to the voting booth again.

It was hilarious when he was making all those faces when the others were speaking, thinking that he has the game in his hands only to find out that nobody else voted with him except the one that got booted off. All that cockiness has all come to a fart. He now looks like a mouse (more like a rat) trapped in a corner by a cat.'

So Trish is gone and I didn't see that coming until she tried to do some scheming. She knew that Rupert is a force to reckon with in the coming merge. She made a mistake of scheming too early and not knowing how tight she is with the other players. Sandra was the turning point. I think she was miffed by the fact that Trish did not include Christa in the plan so she told Christa who in turn told Rupert. Of course, Trish knew that Christa is tight with Rupert, that's why she was not included. However, she told Sandra that they don't need Christa's vote if they get Sean's who she thought would vote for Rupert and had no choice anyway or its his head. It was good thinking for Sandra because Trish betrayed their 4 member alliance and also she didn't want to ally with Jon and Shawn.

It was good that Rupert was informed and got to Shawn before Jon. He pointed out that if he goes with Trish and Jon, the votes will be tied (3-3) and I think there was a vote against Shawn before so he will be gone. So if he sides with Rupert and co., then it would be safer for him.

This turn of event saved Shawn's neck once again. He should have been gone two episodes ago.

I praise Andrew's and Christa's efforts in the IC. I cannot believe Osten and Shawn are the biggest wussies in the challenge. A girl, albeit big, beat them! Andrew didn't have to stay as long as he did since they still have Ryano to compete against Christa who already had more than Ryan. I really thought Osten would stay up there the longest but it was Shawn who lost it big time for Drake.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Oh no, sending Jon to loot? His attitude will definatly insure that everyone hates him.
    Whoever sent him to loot (Rupert, I think) was a genius, either intentional or unintentional. Now Jon has made an ass of himself to both tribes, which renders his lifespan post-merge much shorter. Shooting off about the IC doesn't help at all, either.

Assuming he makes it to the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Did anyone catch what Andrew said in the preview for next week?

Something about Osten throwing in the towel.

Not that this surprises me :rolleyes
    Since when has Osten been in the game? In all the thousands of applications, they had to cast him? Someone scared by a pelican?

As for the rest of the motley gang over in the Pearl Islands...

Trish - too early to get rid of a physical strength. If your plan had succeeded, who would have you put up in another physical challenge? Jon? She was thinking too much ahead.

Christa - all props to her for being in there. She may not have the muscle build of Osten, but she had the heart for it. Great performance.

Andrew - the best performance out there in the RC. Means he's a marked man when the merge comes, but I think he can get far.

Shawn - saved his butt for another three days, but he's still in some trouble. I don't see him lasting lost post-merge.

Did you see Trish's face when Rupert was talking at TC? Unbelievable....she played that she were so shocked that Rupert thought people in his tribe wanted him out (of course, it might have been that she was shocked that he KNEW what was happening). And then when Jeff went straight to her and asked her what she thought of what Rupert was saying, I almost fell off my chair laughing.

Oh and what was the little rhyme that Jon was saying when he cast his vote? Something about how the million dollar man always gets his way??? Oh my goodness, I just wanted to belt him. :fight

I feel better now. heehee

FORT Regular

Weight challenges

You know, Andrew isn't my favourite character due to his leadership skills and questionable choices (i.e. kicking out Lil vs. Darrah) but I was so impressed by his determination tonight. He's not a big guy, probably not much more than the weights he was holding. I wonder how long they were standing there?
    And Christy beating out Osten - ha! As soon as Jeff mentioned the pain they must be feeling, he dropped out. I'm really surprised by him - what exactly did he expect from Survivor? Had he never watched a show?? Kudos to Christy and Andrew.

Leo
    Premium Member
    If I'm not mistaken, JP said at one point that Andrew had been in it for 15 minutes with a certain weight (160 pounds, if I remember correctly).

+ Reply to Thread