+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recap. Ep 4 "The Legend of Clueless Schmo".

FORT Fogey
    OMG! Great stuff! I was going to start quoting things but I realized that would've taken a long time to do so I decided against it, haha.

My favorite comment is the one about Devil's Fork and the Clay Aiken CD.

Great job again Fluff.

Yeah, what's with all of the nudity? If you count Ruperts crack that's at least 6 people so far in only 4 episodes.

I don't know what's with Jeff calling Shawn "NYC". I hope he doesn't pull out the "Chi-town", "Beantown", or "STL" for Andrew, Osten and Tijuana. Then he might as well call Darrah "Mississippi Queen".
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I hate when Jeff uses nicknames for contestants, especially in light of his smackdown of Clay last season using "Denver Diva" as his vote.

Jeff got huffy because he wasn't privy to a nickname - oh my!

Oh yeah, awesome recap fluff! I think I forgot to say so earlier...

The part about nicknames bothers me as well. We may not be able to see all of the details that would be associated with the giving of the nickname.

Yes, it would be nice to know how these nicknames got started but we get what info they squeeze into the hour. Jeff and Co just love to drop hints, foreshadows and teasers of things to come and I wonder why they have something in a prior show, only to see what it meant many episodes later. I wonder sometimes if they edit this all at once or are working on it as they go. It's kind of interesting that you really get a feel that it will be a Jon/Sandra blowup and then all of a sudden Burton's gone. If you go back though, you see the remarks to Rupert and other little things that hint of it.

SP

Quote Originally Posted by park_ave_teach
    Great recap, Fluff! You are extemely observant!

One question: Did anyone else notice Jon flashing double peace signs during the TC? Or is he just such an odd individual that he keeps two fingers out when he crosses his arms?
    He is just a huge wrestling fan as EVERYTHING he says is a wrestling catch phrase.....EVERYTHING! Ric Flair, the Rock, and Booker T to name a few are his favorites it seems.
    But..what do you mean????

Thanks to Karebear for the AV

Great recap, fluff. I loved the references to AI and LCS.

FORT Newbie
    Have never posted here before but had to finally "de-virginize." Fantastic recap. I wait every week for the chortles that accompany your recap!

Man, Fluff! Your recaps of the show are just exquisite. I love reliving the show every week with your outstanding sense of humor as my guide. My wife and I usually curl up and read them together on Wednesday night, passing pages to each other as we go.

Just a few of a rather lengthy laundry list of my favorite quotes this week:

Unable to even win the race to their respective mats, the Morganís file past the Drakeís, and try their best to look chipper.
    ----
    The Morganís arenít using the hand tag system and frankly itís anarchy on their side of the beach. ()
    ----
    You arenít literally looking for a fork with a ďproperty of SatanĒ sticker on it.
    ----
    Yes guys, youíre right, the maps really are that accurate. ()
    ----
    Turn right at the skeleton, carry on past the giant scorpion and the treasure is under the great big red X. ()
    ----
    A small town girl, mistrustful of newcomers, Darrah eyes the stranger with her usual cocktail of suspicion and thinly veiled hatred. ( Brilliant description!)
    ----
    Rupert and Trish do a little pre-challenge pot washing. ( Great observation!)
    ----
    B) it would just be a really crap prize
    ----
    There is an apparent coin toss, which Drake obviously wins ()
    ----
    (The entire segment ending withwhy am I wasting my time thinking about this when I should be washing my hands? ( I also liked the part about the "who's wearing the best shoes?" competition in there. )
    ----
    He tops off this display of idiocy with a nude run along the beach.
    The glare of the sun bouncing off his dazzlingly white arse causes galactic chaos.
    Planets shift alignment and over at the Morgan camp, the tide breaks through their defenses.
    He finishes his run with a flourish by jumping into Burtonís arms, who seems inexplicably willing to receive him. (Also very funny how it played into the "astrological signs" part in Tribal Council later)
    You're the best, Fluff! Thanks!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123