+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Pirate Report (Day 12) - The Drake's, Morgan's, and Rupert's

As always, excellent report, Bill. I really enjoy reading your analysis of the game.

Further, it is risky to propose it to the guy who is likely allied with those you wish to boot, and just to complete the tour de idiocy, ask the guy
    who you have been making fun of for the past nine days.
    Sorry to see my eye candy, Burton, go, but you're dead on about his stupid mistake. I wonder if Jon and Shawn send Burton to approach Rupert with the notion of setting him up for the fall.

You had us all fooled. In cahoots with Jon, and willing to dump your pal Burton at the first opportunity. It shows you are very cognizant of the game, but that can work against you too, as your tribe mates may not trust you from this point forward. It will be important to keep that deal with Jon secret as long as possible. If he can run interference for you, then you can still go far.
    I still can't believe Shawn turned on Burton, but turning on one another is the nature of this show. From the previews, it doesn't look like Jon can keep his mouth shut about his alliance with Shawn. We'll see next week.

Before that challenge though, he has a unique opportunity to get close to the enemy. He must be careful, as Andrew will undoubtedly grill him for information, but if he is smart, and I think he is, he will make friends with the key players in Morgan, while not doing anything, or saying anything, that might get used against him later.
    Yep to all that.

Excellent analysis, Bill!

I particularly liked your decision to give Rupert his own section.

Now, from a pure game play perspective, this is a silly argument. First, it is rarely good for a tribe to throw a challenge, and it is sillier still for someone not already in an alliance to propose it to a non-ally. Far too dangerous for my taste. Further, it is risky to propose it to the guy who is likely allied with those you wish to boot, and just to complete the tour de idiocy, ask the guy who you have been making fun of for the past nine days.

So far, so good. Then, Darrah puts on the mask, and is ready to go, but who shoots out ahead of her? Tijuana. Further, T decides to go into the ocean, without the mask. You see, the ocean is filled with this stuff called salt-water, and it tends to hurt the eyes, thatís why they get masks. From here, the challenge was a snoozer up until Trish took forever to get the last clue out of the sand, but even that was editing as it still was not close.

Before that challenge though, he has a unique opportunity to get close to the enemy. He must be careful, as Andrew will undoubtedly grill him for information, but if he is smart, and I think he is, he will make friends with the key players in Morgan, while not doing anything, or saying anything, that might get used against him later. If he doesnít, then I am sad to say, he has no prayer of winning the game.
    Wonderful again, Bill.

The passage about the Morgan's lack of organisation at the challenge was very interesting.
    They just don't seem to have any kind of plan.

Thery did not have to alternate taking pieces from the water and the beach as far as I can recall, so there was no reason for Andrew, as a strong man and good swimmer, to go for a piece on the beach.
    He later had to waste energy swimming out to save Osten without een being able to retireve a piece.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It's funny fluff, I was wondering the same thing about the challenge, as in, did they have to alternate beach/water?

I agree with you, they probably didn't, but it seemed like both teams did.

Once again, Andrew was all talk, little leadership. He and Osten are sinking this tribe.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I can recall one instance where they didn't alternate, but as we didn't see them collect all the puzzle pieces that could be due to editing.

Yep, Andrew made a poor choice in going for a beach piece.
    He is clearly a pretty strong swimmer and a fit guy who should be able to recover from a swim and dive relatively quickly, in time to take another turn.

Osten also needs to show some awareness of his limitations.
    He should have swallowed his pride and realised that the challenge was beyond his swimming capabilities.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    hepcat said:
    "As to next week, I think Rupert is pretty solid in his alliance.

Christa & Sandra especially owe him some brownie points for letting them know right away what Burton was planning. Sure, he didn't ask to be approached by Burton, but he gets the brownie points anyway."

I thought saw something in the previews where Sandra (?) worried out loud ... suggested ... that Rupert would not have the ability to be discreet and would reveal too much information to Morgan ? ?

Bill, I really enjoy reading your report. It's always thought-provoking and very entertaining. I love to just ponder all the points you raise. The question of Shawn's vote for Burton is an interesting one. It can be explained by a secret alliance with Jon, and Jon's outing of Shawn (as shown in this week's previews) may simply be Jon trying to cleverly cut ties with his secret ally, whose usefulness is now at an end.

My favorite line of the report:

On the one hand, you probably can trust yourself, but on the other, I am guessing you are a little short of votes to stay.
    Too true. Alliances of one are a tough way to win.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Jon's outing of Shawn (as shown in this week's previews) may simply be Jon trying to cleverly cut ties with his secret ally, whose usefulness is now at an end.

I don't have the preview on tape, just going on memory, but I thought Shawn 'outed' himself. I thought he might have been defending himself from someone saying he voted for Christa. Like I said, that's just what I thought I saw but I have a very distracting child that sometimes causes me to miss important info
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

In the previews, Jon says (paraphrasing from memory) "I know who cast the extra vote for Burton", meaning Shawn. Puts Shawn on the spot, where he denies it.

Of course, commercials are heavily edited, right?

Shawn is trying to cover his ass by saying to Jon and the others that he voted against Burton and that the lone vote was Michelle's. This was his strategy (knowing that his alliance with Jon, Burton & Michelle has crumbled) such that the group will vote against Michelle next. It's ironic that Rupert seemed to like Jon over Shawn, even kissing Jon when he returned to Drake. I think Rupert's plan is to take the most annoying person with him just like what Brian did with Clay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast