+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Pirate Report (Day 12) - The Drake's, Morgan's, and Rupert's

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Garyand, welcome. The spear gun has been discussed in another thread you probably haven't seen yet, but Morgan has had a spear since the beginning, they just haven't used it (or haven't been shown using it) yet.
    John,

Thanks for the clear up..I had no idea they also had a speargun. Hard to believe that with a self proclaimed genius like Andrew, they would not have at least tried utilizing the speargun.

It seems that the jaunt to the other side of the island was to try out the spear in some water that wasn't so rough. They saw an inlet on the map and assumed it would be better for catching fish. I have no clue why you would cut across the island to do this though, maybe you could spot a closer place on the way. The Morgan's just aren't thinking things through and have no clue how to use the tools for fishing. I think that Rupert will change that shortly.

I still suspect a Jon-Rupert alliance to come.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Garyand, welcome. The spear gun has been discussed in another thread you probably haven't seen yet, but Morgan has had a spear since the beginning, they just haven't used it (or haven't been shown using it) yet.
    Excellent point, John! I'd missed the other thread as well. And it makes perfect sense that MB would want us to believe that the speargun was in the other camp now.

Bill, as usual your Pirate report was both highly entertaining and very insightful. I can't believe Jon is still around - the man is unbelievably annoying.

One thing I didn't understand is that when asked about throwing the challenge at TC, the Drake's continued to insist that they didn't throw it. Why? Is it because they were afraid Jeff would tell Morgan? I don't see why they would care. Is it because they realized after the fact (and the unexpected result of losing Rupert, even temporarily) that throwing a challenge is, um, really stupid, and they were afraid that Jeff's comments to them about it would embarrass them?

I think that the worst thing about throwing a challenge is that it gives the other tribe hope.

FORT Fogey
    Wayner

I still believe throwing the challenge will come back to haunt them!

Bill, as always good insightful information. I still can't believe Jon wasn't even considered being voted off!

Hard to say Wayner, I think half of them thought they were fooling the other half of the tribe.

Burton thought he was engineering a double secret plot to throw the challenge, at the same time Christa and Rupert's side wanted to throw it too. They all thought they were fooling each other.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree, I think they all thought they were pulling a fast one. Newsflash: just because you didn't tell the whole tribe doesn't mean they don't talk amongst themselves.

On the Rupert/Christa/Sandra side, the double cross was that they wanted to throw it too to get out Burton. So technically they knew the other side wanted to throw it and pretended to know nothing.

If they had to go ahead with throwing the challenge, they should have made sure Morgan knew it. As it is Morgan gained a lot of confidence which may come back to bite Drake. :eat
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Bill, you certainly do not disappoint. I always enjoy your writing. This time is no exception. Very enlightening and entertaining. Thank you!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX

just to complete the tour de idiocy, ask the guy who you have been making fun of for the past nine days.

Plus, Osten just should not have gotten into the water at all. If he was uncomfortable in it, and I know many folks who donít like deep water, then he should have grabbed something from the beach.

Very astute observations, Bill.
    The first part I quoted was my favorite for some weird reason. I actually snorted in a very unladylike fashion when I read it.

About Osten. I am still not sold on the fact that he is uncomfortable in the water. Didn't he do just fine in the water challenges in the first couple episodes? I still think that dude is trying to act incompetent for some reason. I don't necessarily think he faked his trouble in the water last week, but I don't trust him. Call it woman's intuition.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Bill - I look forward to the Pirate Report each week. Very well done, well written and well thought-out!

Thanks for putting things in perspective for me each week!

Great job once again. I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks to see how things shake out on Drake. I'd like to see how the Jon-Shawn alliance works and what they plan to do next. I hope we get to learn more about Jonny Fairplay, and whether it is all an act or not (but we probably won't). The fact that Sandra was pretty silent is interesting too. This episode was a turning point and what happened is bound to affect the rest of the game.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast