+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: episodes 5 and 6 theory

Here's my theory:

There's a quote on the CBS website:

"While looting the losing tribe's camp after a Reward Challenge, a visiting castaway makes a stunning confession. "

I think that Jon is going to loot Morgan. While he's there, he will tell the BIG LIE, which will be some kind of story about Rupert which will make the Morgan members think badly of him. Then, Jon may go back to Drake and tell some other version of the lie which will cast Rupert in a bad light to his own tribe members as well. This will all result in Rupert getting voted off this week, or as soon as the merge occurs.

Just the musings of my addled brain.

I hope that won't happen

I would think not, because isn't JP supposedly sucked into the lie as well?
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Mollyrose, if you are right would it be justifiable if all us boardies got together and kicked the crud out of Jon?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Mollyrose, if you are right would it be justifiable if all us boardies got together and kicked the crud out of Jon?
    Absolutely!!

I just have this feeling that Jon's lie will have something to do with undermining Rupert's power. As despicable as Jon is, he is also a pretty smart player. Since Rupert is clearly well respected by both tribes at this point, and seems to be in control as well, he's the one Jon would go after. Also, since Jeff said that Jon's lie was "cruel but brilliant", it must be something to do with strategy.

Now, another thing to consider was Michelle's revealing in her chat that Trish is really the power in Drake. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Personally, I'm hoping for the resurrection of booted tribe member(s) theory. That would be a cool twist.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    Absolutely!!

I just have this feeling that Jon's lie will have something to do with undermining Rupert's power. As despicable as Jon is, he is also a pretty smart player. Since Rupert is clearly well respected by both tribes at this point, and seems to be in control as well, he's the one Jon would go after. Also, since Jeff said that Jon's lie was "cruel but brilliant", it must be something to do with strategy.
    I'm confused. Where did you find Jeff's quote about Jon lying and how it was "cruel but brilliant?" I haven't seen this anywhere, and I'd love to know more about this.

Thanks.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    I'm confused. Where did you find Jeff's quote about Jon lying and how it was "cruel but brilliant?" I haven't seen this anywhere, and I'd love to know more about this.

Thanks.
    I am not 100% possitive, but I think that the "big lie" is the one that was told to survivors on the first episode to the survivors by Jeff and producers. When Jeff says "cruel but brilliant" I think that refers to show idea NOT a lie by a player. All that said, I could be wrong, maybe there is some lie I haven't heard about.

FORT Newbie

I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Buca
    I am not 100% possitive, but I think that the "big lie" is the one that was told to survivors on the first episode to the survivors by Jeff and producers. When Jeff says "cruel but brilliant" I think that refers to show idea NOT a lie by a player. All that said, I could be wrong, maybe there is some lie I haven't heard about.
    I was wrong...there will be something big but it might be even bigger than a BIG LIE! I found this quote from an article that quotes Jeff:

Probst promises more than just a grandiose lie by one of the players this time around.

"There's ... a very, very regrettable event that happens, and the person to whom it happens is going to regret it ... more than they have any idea right now," he says. "I couldn't believe it when it happened, and I can't wait for it to play out.

"There's also a huge twist to come that this time next year we'll be talking about, and you'll have an opinion on whether you loved or hated it."

Well, I don't know when this "big lie" is coming, but I HAVE been seeing previews for this week's episode that make me fear for Rupert! Love Rupert. Anyway, they're showing Rupert and someone (Shawn?) talking and maybe shaking hands, while a voiceover talks about a big betrayal. And then someone else notes that Rupert has a lot of power, and then Sandra is shown being shocked at something.
    Knowing TV reality editing, perhaps it's all a blind and something dire is NOT about to happen to Rupert, but it does look bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123