+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof that the Drake's threw the challenge

FORT Fogey

Proof that the Drake's threw the challenge

I'm not sure bit I thought this deserved it's own thread since there has been so much bickering about this issue, but for proof that the Drake's threw the challenge. Go to the official Survivor site http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/ then scroll down to THIS WEEKS VIDEO and click on Burton on throwing the Challenge, the video is of Burton admitting that they sat out Rupert and Burton to throw the challenge ect.

I for one thought it was blatantly obvious that they threw it, but here's proof for the people that still don't beleive they did.

FORT Newbie
    I'm surprised so many people were staunchly opposed to the idea that Drake threw the IC; I thought it was clearly evident myself. It's already been brought up (I was suprised it was so long in the other thread before someone mentioned it) but at the point Morgan had one person left to get into the Drake boat and Drake had 2 people left... neither of them made a move to block her... at all. They just let her walk, game over.

I been to the post show discussion thread yet, but I am suprised to read here that there were people who thought tey didn't throw it. JUST by sitting out Rupert and Burton they effectively lost. It really bothered me that they did it []especially[/i] to boot Christa. I don't feel that we were shown enough of her to understand why. Yes, I realize it wasn't her that went, but that's why some wanted to throw the challenge.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Overall, I thought Drake really sucked as a team last night. I am not a loyal Survivor viewer. In fact I have not only missed episodes but whole series. I even missed the first 30 minutes of the episode last night and it still was very obvious that Drake threw the competition.

My only question was does the host of the show have the right to change the rules of the show on the spot when he smells a rat. He seemed to take Rupert as punishment for throwing the challenge to ensure that it doesn't happen again on this series anyway.

The last time a stronger team turned on each other and started to throw challenges last fall, the team of weaker senior citizens ended up in the finals.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Overall, I thought Drake really sucked as a team last night. I am not a loyal Survivor viewer. In fact I have not only missed episodes but whole series. I even missed the first 30 minutes of the episode last night and it still was very obvious that Drake threw the competition.

My only question was does the host of the show have the right to change the rules of the show on the spot when he smells a rat. He seemed to take Rupert as punishment for throwing the challenge to ensure that it doesn't happen again on this series anyway.

The last time a stronger team turned on each other and started to throw challenges last fall, the team of weaker senior citizens ended up in the finals.

Define "senior citizen" for me please? I don't think that they were anywhere close to being senior citizens. Most were in their 40's I believe.

Second of all, no, the host isn't allowed to do this, and neither are the producers, and they didn't. It's a television rule that the rules must be made up before the game starts, since the 1950's game show scandal. All the twists had to have been planned out before the game started.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2

Second of all, no, the host isn't allowed to do this, and neither are the producers, and they didn't. It's a television rule that the rules must be made up before the game starts, since the 1950's game show scandal. All the twists had to have been planned out before the game started.
    I think that they have to provide a set of rules and *possible* twists. I don't think that they have to actually do every twist or state when they will do them
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I did not like the final group in the fall show last year so I was being sarcastic about their ages.

They did not know before the series that at this point in the game things would be so one sided that they would need to take Rupert (Drakes strongest member) and put him on the Morgan team. Although, highly unlikely the team could have been plotting to vote Rupert out. But they have camera men to let them know what is being planned.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2

Define "senior citizen" for me please? I don't think that they were anywhere close to being senior citizens. Most were in their 40's I believe.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Actually, by admissions of contestants and some involved in the production of a couple of reality TV shows...I think one or two shows have actually changed rules...and essentially "fixed" the competition..but these were exceptions and there networks are facing court challanges for doing it and in theory could face FCC intervention for breaking the rules mentioned above....survivor has never been accused of that....and although the particpants sign a no talk contract valid for five years in California....no one has leaked the suggestion that the show is fixed....there have been grumblings however that some "scenes" have been reshot...depciting some of the participants in ways that they have claimed to be "out of character..." If the show actually interceeds to even out the teams when things seem to favor one side over the other...I am sure all participants were aware such could happen in the fine print of their contract.....but I doubt they are told excatly how that might occur.

Hug me!
    What Rupert said was absolately true.. It was a stupid stupid move. I am rooting for Drake to go all the way now.. Even though. .there is only one people I like in the Drake tribe and that is Darrah.. the rest are muscle heads and morons.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

My main reasoning was that Rupert and Burton threw the challenge, but the tribe didn't really know anything about it.

I can't watch videos, so, if Burton says things about the tribe agreeing, then I'm wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast