+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: On The Next Survivor (Episode 5)

Episode 5 title...

"Everyone's Hero".

CBS "Clues" from the official site:

A rising tide threatens to wash away one tribe’s shelter.

While looting the losing tribe’s camp after the Reward Challenge, one castaway bonds with the opposing tribe.

Though acting out of loyalty to the tribe, one Survivor fears being seen as disloyal.

One castaway’s failure to follow through with the tribe’s Immunity Challenge strategy leads to a very close, tense, gut-wrenching finish.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The TV Guide web site had it as

"Everyone's a Hero"

"Though acting out of loyalty to the tribe, one Survivor fears being seen as disloyal. "

I'm thinking this could mean an alliance-breaker, or just Rupert helping the Morgans at the RC. Thoughts?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    The TV Guide web site had it as

"Everyone's a Hero"
    Interesting.

Apparently, the hard copy of the tv guide has the title listed as "Everyone's Hero" along with the blurb...

Description: Temper’s flare in one tribe when the men decide to build a shower that requires everyone to bathe out in the open. A fifth person is voted out of the tribe.
    It's obviously a mistake that "a fifth eprson is voted out of the tribe", unless of course their is a merge, it should read "...out of the game".
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    "Though acting out of loyalty to the tribe, one Survivor fears being seen as disloyal. "

I'm thinking this could mean an alliance-breaker, or just Rupert helping the Morgans at the RC. Thoughts?
    I think you've hit the nail on the head, Wenders. I, too, think it's a reference to Rupert helping Morgan at the next RC. The wording says "Though acting out of loyalty to the tribe..." not "Though acting out of loyalty to their tribe...". I think using the word "the" instead of "their" refers to Rupert doing something for the tribe he is living with as opposed to his own tribe.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    "Everyone's Hero".
    I'm thinking this episode's title has to be a reference to Rupert.

I think that the acting out of loyalty comment may be about Rupert. My guess is that he helps Morgan win the RC, in the hopes that he can gain their confidence. He probably wants to be able to use that trust later to help his own tribe. He is probably worried that Drake will see him as a turncoat.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    I'm thinking this episode's title has to be a reference to Rupert.

I definitely think that is true. From the previews, he obviously feeds Morgan for the first time since they arrived. My guess is that he also helps them win RC. I think he then goes on to help Drake win the IC, which could explain the, "everyone's" part.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think the acting out of loyalty thing is probably Rupert. But what it means could go either way; he could act out of loyalty to Morgan by helping them win an RC but fear that they distrust him anyway (esp. if Morgan ends up losing that particular challenge). Or he could act out of loyalty to Drake -- in a variety of ways, from trying to throw a challenge while he's with Morgan to spreading misinformation to Morgan -- but fear that Drake distrusts him anyway. Poor Rupert, he's certainly been put in a bind. Neither team is going to fully trust him now, no matter what he does -- Drake will always wonder how much he bonded with Morgan, and Morgan will always assume Rupert's first loyalty is to Drake.

On The Next Survivor (Episode 5)

On The Next Survivor
    • A rising tide threatens to wash away one tribe’s shelter.
    • While looting the losing tribe’s camp after the Reward Challenge, one castaway bonds with the opposing tribe.
    • Though acting out of loyalty to the tribe, one Survivor fears being seen as disloyal.
    • One castaway’s failure to follow through with the tribe’s Immunity Challenge strategy leads to a very close, tense, gut-wrenching finish.

For the first one, I really have a feeling it's Morgan . I wonder if the loyal/disloyal Survivor is Rupert. He will be in a precarious situation next week seeing as how his RC performance might be interpreted a different number of ways by both tribes.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast