+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 - "While The Cats Are Away"

You are right on many points here SuperJude(tm)

I think most people realize that the pagonging will occur, and they are simply wishing it will not happen that way because otherwise the next two shows are going to be pretty boring.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

So Brian driving a Caddy? Hey the guy works at a car dealership, I'm sure he got it cheap. Baby grand piano? If my poor, broke mom can afford one I know it doesn't mean somebody is rich.
    SuperJude, it doesn't matter if he's broke, it matters that Helen thinks he doesn't need the money. Whether it's true or not isn't going to make one bit of difference to her. She's ready to swing to the other side, and get rid of him just because of that.

Real life has no bearing on this game, never has.

I've always hated the theory that if someone has money, they don't deserve to win. That's not a game, that's charity.

But there are a lot of Helen's out there.

For the record Jude, I know exactly what you mean. I actually think that his airhead wife showing him all their stuff must mean that it means a lot to him. And if it means a lot to him, it means he appreciates it. And if he appreciates it, it must mean that it didn't come easy to him.

But I doubt that's going to mean anything to Helen.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think this is the reason the home video can be so damaging.
    If you happen to be married to a slapper who dances like a hooch and delight's in showing people your possessions then that can have a bearing on the game, rightly or wrongly.

We don't know what Brian has told Helen about himself.
    It could be that he told her he wasn't doing so well and now she sees his home and realises he is doing ok for himself.

I don't think this is the case as Helen has been on a "he doesn't need the money" trip from day one, but I do think we need to consider what people might have told their tribemates about themselves that could be shown to be false by the home video.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Very good points Fluff!

I don't think it's an accident that there have been several clips of Brian talking about how he doesn't like to offer much about himself and that it's important people don't know too much about him.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

sheesh...i don't think helen is poor in the first place!!!c'mon..she's a navy instructor!!!that's a well paid job rite?
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

LG.
    No, I don't think the military pays very well, not compared to what a decent car salesman can make. Sales people are paid largely on commission, so they can earn a ton or a little, depending on how "good" they are at selling cars. The military has decent benefits (medical, pension, etc.) and provide housing and food for personnel on the base, but not much cash compensation, which is why they are running ads now for people to donate money for pre-paid phone cards to donate to overseas military personnel so they can call their families on the holidays (which I think is a great program).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I've been thinking. The cars should have no bearing on trying to guess how much money he has.
    He sells cars. He should have a nice one.
    My husband fixes cars, and we've gotton great cars for next to nothing because they would cost too much for someone to pay to have them fixed. He buys them for a hundred bucks or so, then fixes them, and for the price of parts we gotten a couple damn nice cars.... I'm sure that happens where Brian works and that he can get a great deal on a car that's only a year or two old.

Just a thought.
    The funny thing is, our inlaws just gave us an Organ. Free. So even his piano doesn't mean they're rich
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I agree about the cars, Cali, he is positioned by his job to get a good deal on a car, and it may even be an employee perk to get to drive cars that the dealership hasn't sold yet.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    The military has decent benefits (medical, pension, etc.) and provide housing and food for personnel on the base, but not much cash compensation
    Helen is a civilian swim instructor for the navy, not a member of the military. I think she teaches navy seals.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast