+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 - "While The Cats Are Away"

Princess
    Oh... I see, John&Fluff, didn't think about that... guess I'll never be a super strategist ... But it's fun to speculate anyway!
    I would be a bit worried though if I were Helen or Jan.... . I can see how they wouldn't trust Clay. Imo, Helen is the one who might feel a need to "do something" next ep. It will be interesting to see!

JR.
    Originally posted by Modesty

I would be a bit worried though if I were Helen or Jan.... . I can see how they wouldn't trust Clay. Imo, Helen is the one who might feel a need to "do something" next ep. It will be interesting to see!
    Helen and Jan should also realize that their tribe has always pretty much been men on one side, women on the other. They will be outnumbered if they go along with the pagonging and will surely be next on the list.

LG.
    Originally posted by JR.
    Helen and Jan should also realize that their tribe has always pretty much been men on one side, women on the other. They will be outnumbered if they go along with the pagonging and will surely be next on the list.
    So, maybe Helen and Jan should sit back and let Jake get capped next week and then tell Penny they want a "girl power" alliance. We don't know what the tie-breaker will be, but if it is prior votes again then Ted is vulnerable and I don't think any of the women have priors (maybe Penny from Shii Anne, I can't remember, but none of those guys would know that). If it is pick the colored rock, then big woop, it could go either way. Hmmm. I still think it is more likely that that the Chewys will continue to ring the Pagong Gong until they're all Gone though.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I like that idea LG, it could certainly work.
    The key would be to try and get a somewhat disillusioned Ted into their ranks as well, they could always ditch him at the last minute.
    Survivor needs an "off the wall" ending. A final three of Helen, Jan and Penny would certainly provide it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i think maybe jake will try to get jan and penny will try to get helen over...
    and together they will form a very strong alliance...
    from wat i see..helen seems to like penny..always smiling at her..(have anybody noticed that?)
    jan...ha..i guess she just can't wait to be included in jake's alliance...hahaha
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

I would think Jan would love to be included in nJakes alliance too.
    They CG's have always been somewhat divided along gender lones.
    Some of that was due to the Ted/Ghandia thing, some to do with the fact the men like to sit around on their asses while the women do the work.
    Jake is still very much in the competition if he can only make the right moves.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I agree,I hope Jake pulls out of this.3 out of 4 of the last shows ended in the Pagong. If he doesn't do something soon, its 4 out 5.

Hopefully he can recover from what I think was a mistake in approaching Clay.

He really needs to spend a little less time telling his stories and a little more time listening to conversations around camp to expose potential rifts in the CG tribe.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    He really needs to spend a little less time telling his stories and a little more time listening to conversations around camp to expose potential rifts in the CG tribe.
    Good advice.

I think he and Helen have to talk and reach an agreement or the SJ will be no more.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

SuperJude™
    I am a Survivor Purist (LOL!) and in my mind, nothing needs to change. The poplular internet theory I have been reading is that a new alliance is formed, the Jake-Penny-Helen-Jan allainace, which would take out the golfing club one by one. Sounds good, strategically sound.

And it will never happen.

As much as "playing the game" is the thing to do, cutting everybodies throat may not always work.

The way it will and should really go is that somebody from the golfing club should remind people of how it felt when they were down 7-5 and facing 7-4, and how they stuck together. A little mind game like that would do wonders and don't put it past Brian to use that.

"Sure, Jake seems nice, but was he so nice when we were getting beaten at every challenge? Would he be so nice if he was in controll? No. So we stick together, as planned, and let the cards fall as they will. Once we eliminate Sook Jai completely, we go in with 5 left. One wins immunity, and that leaves a 25% chance to make it to the final 4, and those are pretty good odds".

Yeah, that would be my speach. As much as switching sides and all that might work, it will only fuck you in the long run at TC.

Nah, late season shifts may seem like a good idea but with this group? Nah, no way. Vote off the tribe that tortured you then see who wins immunity, go from there. I mean do you think that anybody from Chuay would expect Jake to trust them again? No way. Jan has no power, and as much as Helen wants to win, I still think she has a better chance with the golfing club. Hell, she HAS to win immunity at some point right?

Either way, when we get to the final four, it would be in Helen's best interest to stick with the group she has. Let us not forget here that what if she goes to the final 5 and suddenly Jan remembers "Hey Helen really screwed me by lying about the Ghandia vote! Screw her!"

Don't think Jan hasn't thought that in secret. So allying with the Sook Jai's seems stupid in the long run. No, get rid of them and go along with the plan that has gotten you to the final 7.

We'll see though.

About Brian and his "riches"- Just a note here. When I was a teen my mom had like no money. She worked her ass off and through favors and friends managed to drive a nice Volvo and (heh heh, true story) had and has a baby grand. Nice piano, nice car, nice house and after that we were BROKE!!!!! So Brian driving a Caddy? Hey the guy works at a car dealership, I'm sure he got it cheap. Baby grand piano? If my poor, broke mom can afford one I know it doesn't mean somebody is rich. Just a thought.

-SJ™

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast