+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 - "While The Cats Are Away"

Fluff.. I'm drawing a huge blank here. What happened when Lex and Ethan went off to the village?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think that from now on, who ever wins any challenges, especially one like going to the mainland, will be the target of plots. They were already thinking about getting Ted voted off just because he went on a boat ride by himself. Helen, and I'm sure Clay, are probably plotting against Brian since he is strong and 'doesn't need the money." :rolleyes

Princess
    Clay & Jan & Helen.... together they can boot off whoever they want!

I am not sure that Clay and Helen trust each other though. If Helen can put down the receipe book for a minute, she might find herself sitting in a very powerful position.

I see several voting bloc's in place:

Penny and Jake
    Ted, Brian, and Clay
    Helen and Jan

We were led to believe that Penny was the schemer, and Jake the kindly innocent guy, but I think Jake had control of SJ all along, and still has Penny's loyalty.

Clearly if Ted, Brian, and Clay didn't scheme together to come up with the diversion plan in votes for Ted (and why would they? I don't believe they know yet what the tie breaker will be...and in any case, I would divert votes to Jan, not Ted), then their voting bloc is on rather shaky ground.

Helen and Jan may or may not be a voting bloc. I am not convinced that Jan is stable enough to be counted on in an alliance.

How will all of this play out? Hard to say.

I think the ingeniousness of Clay and Brian's plan was that even if Ted finds out, it is still probable that he would not align with the people who voted against him.

So an Helen, Jan, Ted group would still lose to a unholy marriage of Jake and Brian's blocs.

Then again, this all may be misdirection, and if the CG are smart, they will simple pagong out the two remaining SJ, and then settle their differences.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    I am not convinced that Jan is stable enough to be counted on in an alliance.
    I think Jan showed that she is very loyal (too loyal, one might say), when she didn't vote for Ghandia (when Helen swinged).

if the CG are smart, they will simple pagong out the two remaining SJ, and then settle their differences
    I'm not so sure that would be smart at all - at least not for Helen, and probably not for Clay and Jan either. With Penny and Jake gone, Helen will be the next to go. Helen need to ally with Penny and Jake, and bring one other person from CG with her (Jan?). Helen will possibly be the strongest in that alliance, but the other guys are in too much "danger" to refuse.

Just mho, of course .

Originally posted by Modesty
    I'm not so sure that would be smart at all - at least not for Helen, and probably not for Clay and Jan either. With Penny and Jake gone, Helen will be the next to go.
    I am no longer convinced of that. I think it all comes down to what Ted finds out about the sources of his votes.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    I am no longer convinced of that. I think it all comes down to what Ted finds out about the sources of his votes.
    I assume you meant that you are not convinced that Helen would be the next after Jake&Penny.
    Actually, I had the impression that it was the CGs that proposed that Clay (and Brian &...) would vote for Ted. Anyway, I think Clay should have told Ted (and the others - did they know?) that the CGs were going to vote for him, whether it was his or CGs idea, and whether Clay&Helen&Jan&Brian are planning to boot Ted or not.

Actually, it would still be in Clay's best interest to pagong the other tribe (as well as Helen's and Jan's). Those 3 could then turn on Ted & Brian, and become the F3.

I agree with John.
    Clay should not seek to change anything at the moment.
    He is in a good position to get to the final five then team up with Jan and Helen, using Brian's sexist remarks and his "not needing the money" as a way of winning them round.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I'm with John and Fluff. Two more verses of the Pagong Song and then it's time for a Chewy Cannibalistic Feast.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast