+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crew interaction - "is there a doctor in the house?"

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar

Crew interaction - "is there a doctor in the house?"

Does anyone know if the tribes ever interact with the film crew for Survivor. The cameras seem pretty much up in their faces sometimes so they have to be close at all times.

What if someone gets hurt? Is there a doctor available to the survivors? Say someone cuts themselves can they run over and get a band-aid? Or do they just bleed until it heals itself?

sorry for all the questions, but I have not watched since the 1st season so I'm a little bit daft....

The Survivors have a first aid kit in their camp. For example, it contains basic first aid items and feminine hygiene products.

There is a doctor available, but I believe if you need to use him, you're out of the game. I could be wrong.

I think I read on a past season that a doctor is available but if it is a serious injury they are out of the game. If it is something minor and they use the doctor then they are not out of the game. I think if they were injured and it could be serious and didn't want to use the doctor because they were afraid of getting kicked out of the game that could be dangerous. If that made sense...but I think they are allowed to use the doctor if needed.

The crew is also not allowed to interact with the players from what I have heard. Except for interviews that they have.

Rob Mariano from Marquesas said that since they had very little nourishment available, close to the end of his stay all Survivors had to check with the doctor every so often to see if they were in any sort of danger.

Rab
    When I saw this thread I started seeing Survivor Australia in my head. Michael had his hands burned and was flown out of the outback by helicopter and wasn't aloud to come back.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I'd just die

Knowing how competitive I am...if I were on the show and I got hurt.. I'm sure I'd probably just lay in camp and bleed to death. Just so they don't kick me off for using the doc. :beatup :beatup
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    When I saw this thread I started seeing Survivor Australia in my head. Michael had his hands burned and was flown out of the outback by helicopter and wasn't aloud to come back.
    Its been awhile, so I don't remember exactly, so feel free to correct me. I think that they showed Michaels tribemates running him up to the medic tent and it was right up the hill from their camp. They also had him in a helicopter and out of the camp within ten minutes (I don't think they ever cut away), so they must have one standing by.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I saw something on VH1 or something that MB said
    they do have someone on staff- Unless its severe, they encourage the survivors to take care of themselves as best as possible. It also mentioned about interaction between cast and crew is not permitted
    Carey

Heidi in S6 after her spider bite she had to see the doctor or medical crew... I forgot where I catched that though

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Knowing how competitive I am...if I were on the show and I got hurt.. I'm sure I'd probably just lay in camp and bleed to death. Just so they don't kick me off for using the doc. :beatup :beatup
    Well, now we know Maveno is not Osten....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast