+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crew interaction - "is there a doctor in the house?"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Its been awhile, so I don't remember exactly, so feel free to correct me. I think that they showed Michaels tribemates running him up to the medic tent and it was right up the hill from their camp. They also had him in a helicopter and out of the camp within ten minutes (I don't think they ever cut away), so they must have one standing by.
    Actually, the medics came to him. He was in the river, holding his hands in the water and they ran out and bandaged him up right there before flying him off. Not sure how long it took in real time, but it seemed like forever and was actually kind of a disturbing scene. You could literally see the flesh peeling off his hands.

That incident caused a complete change in the game that season. His tribe went downhill fast after he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Actually, the medics came to him. He was in the river, holding his hands in the water and they ran out and bandaged him up right there before flying him off. Not sure how long it took in real time, but it seemed like forever and was actually kind of a disturbing scene. You could literally see the flesh peeling off his hands.

That incident caused a complete change in the game that season. His tribe went downhill fast after he was gone.

They were my favorite team of all time. If he hadn't of gotten burnt, the sole survivor would have come from that tribe. Roger was my favorite Survivor of all time because he's one of the only Kentuckians to ever go in the public eye and not look like a dumba$$
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    Heidi in S6 after her spider bite she had to see the doctor or medical crew... I forgot where I catched that though
    I believe Lindsey and Diane also received medical attention for dehydration during S3 too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Knowing how competitive I am...if I were on the show and I got hurt.. I'm sure I'd probably just lay in camp and bleed to death. Just so they don't kick me off for using the doc. :beatup :beatup
    And your family probably can't sue the show for letting one of their contestants die so you'd better leave the island lol.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    The Survivors have a first aid kit in their camp. For example, it contains basic first aid items and feminine hygiene products.

There is a doctor available, but I believe if you need to use him, you're out of the game. I could be wrong.
    Yep, John is correct. The only time a Survivor required medical attention, and was not booted from the game , was in S1, Susan got nailed by a sting-ray, they bandaged her up, and she was back in the game. They do have first aid capabilities, and some hygiene products. The crews do interact with the folks, but not to the detriment of the game. In S2, the cameraman basically watched and offered no assistance when Michael fell in to the fire. He may have radioed for a Medi-vac, but he offered no first aid.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The Survivors have a first aid kit in their camp. For example, it contains basic first aid items and feminine hygiene products.
    I imagine under the dirty conditions they live, diarrhea must be pretty common.

Well now I just have to ask. Where do these guys go to the bathroom? Are they provided with some sort of porta-potty or something or must they figure that out on their own? I bet there's a reason they spend so much time in the water.

And are they provided with toilet tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    I imagine under the dirty conditions they live, diarrhea must be pretty common.

Well now I just have to ask. Where do these guys go to the bathroom? Are they provided with some sort of porta-potty or something or must they figure that out on their own? I bet there's a reason they spend so much time in the water.

I remember that they showed the one from the Outback. It was a hole in the ground covered by what looked like some planks. Dont know if they are all like that or not. No, I dont think there was any toilet paper. References to leaves were made.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    The question I always wanted to ask and know the answer anyone know?

It seems like I remember people saying that their luxury item would be toilet paer... that leads me to believe it is not provided. This is just a guess though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

So they use leaves... etc? wat about Africa ?!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast