+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

LOL Sweetpea, I LOVE Rupert! Love him love him love him! He's my favorite contestant in a long, long time. He absolutely kills me in that skirt...he wears it like he's completely used to wearing skirts!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by toothfairy
    I missed the show tonight. Who win the reward challenge? If it was in one of the previous posts, sorry I missed it.

toothfairy

Quick Recap:

Show begins with Morgan bitching about being demoralized and having a crappy camp. Somehow, they think this can be alleviated by moping about on the beach and pulling apart pieces of their floor in the middle of the night. Lil, realizing that she might be next on the chopping block after her only buddy was voted off before she knew what was happening, decides to go fishing by herself despite previous talks where they decided to always fish in pairs. She manages to find a spot that is apparently inhabited by a large blowfish colony and loses a hook in the process (their 2nd to last one it seems). As you might imagine, this doesnt sit too well with the rest of her tribe and her Scoutmaster knowledge is called into question (not to her face of course).

Meanwhile, Drake seems to have an abundance of energy and time and they set about digging randomly in the sand, looking for the mysterious buried treasure, which they seem to think will be buried a mere inch or two down in some obvious spot on a seemingly, random part of the island that they picked out as good diggin' grounds ('Now if I were Pirate Treasure....where would I be?').

Time comes for the Reward Challenge. Drake has to have 2 sit out, and Jon suggests Sandra sits out since she is obviously a poor swimmer compared to him (maybe he should stick to the jokes about young girls). The Sh*t hits the fan as Sandra bristles faster than a porcupine in heat and begins one of the dumbest arguments ever about who swam the fastest on the first day. Jon folds beneath her brutal debating skills and ends up sitting out the RC, which involves 2 boats per team wherein each team is supposed to attempt to sink the other's boats. Morgan shows their usual uncordinated mess, looking like epileptics in the middle grand-mal seizures. Osten tries to stand up on his boat for unfathomable reasons, causing it to rapidly fill with water while Rupert has the other Morgan boat pinned down beneath his weight. Sure enough, Morgan loses yet again. The prize being a mattress, several pillows and blankets, the losers are understandably dejected. They head back to their mismatched bamboo and palm frond bungalow to sit around uncomfortably for another night.

Drake celebrates, contemplates more hole-digging and sends Krista over to snatch something of value from Morgan. Morgan realizes they dont have much and decide to make their fishnet-in-progress look like junk lest it be taken as booty. Speaking of booty.., Krista arrives, makes her introductions in her perpetually-congested tone, takes their big saucepans, does some fancy dodging (that would make Ali proud) of many probing questions and cruises back to her camp. To her credit, she says she is relieved that she wasnt forced to take their only pot, for she doesn have some sympathy for the Big Losers and doesnt really want to get on anyone's bad side.

Morgan is now so down in the dumps that they dont even play coconut-football or attempt to use thier fishnet for something useful, like, well...I dont know...maybe fishing?

Skip to the IC which calls for someone lightweight and someone strong. Dara, the sleepy, southern belle, dangles over the water with her constant scowl already in place while Osten attempts to hold her up via a rope-and-pulley system. They vie against Rupert and Michelle (Michelle is the one dangling in case anyone was uncertain). They hold out for just over 2 hours (while the poor girls are losing circulation in their legs) at which point Osten gives in. His rippling biceps are no match for Rupert's bulk, raw strength, determination and pirate grimace. Morgan's core alliance debates whether to send Dara or Lil home. They decide that Dara will be more useful in the challenges and send the Scoutmaster packing, badges and all.

Next Week: Osten decides to give up again. Unfortunately, he forgets that hes in the middle of swimming during a challenge and nearly drowns!
    Last edited by ICantLookAway; 10-02-2003 at 10:23 PM.

I'm not too happy with how that turned out. I think Darah should have been voted out. She said she couldn't even build a fire. I don't care if she did awesome in that last TC...Lill's a better asset to the tribe, IMO. Ohh well...What's with Drake wanting someone to go??? Maybe they're sick of each other, but throwing a challenge? I don't like it. :nono

Too late NOW, but as Lil said " I lost the fishing hook" I was wondering if they could somehow fashion one out of one of her hoop earrings she had on.

Osten Osten Osten...he is never doing the right thing at the right time. He's huge..got big biceps..but cannot pull a victory outta his butt. Personally...I'd have booted him...but they didn't ask me. I'm disappointed in Morgan..they need to get their act together.

In the meantime...way to rock Rupert!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I loved that RC. Osten did basically sink his own boat by standing up. Not a quick thinker.

to both Osten and Rupert for hanging on for 2 hours at the IC. That had to be tough..props to both.

I think the reason that Lil was voted off is that she kept going off by herself. When Andrew said "this is for strategy, I hope it works" I knew it was Lil. She might be contributing more, but Darrah stays at camp and seems to follow Andrew.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Posted by suncat7 - Today at 02:16 AM
    LOL Sweetpea, I LOVE Rupert! Love him love him love him! He's my favorite contestant in a long, long time. He absolutely kills me in that skirt...he wears it like he's completely used to wearing skirts!
    ______________________________ _______________________

He's mine too Suncat!!! He's just so fits with the whole pirate theme. And he kicked butt in that challenge today. Rupert ROCKS!!!

FORT Regular
    Something tells me that Rupert isn't going to go as far as what people think or want him too. People in reality shows always talk about getting rid of the strongest player or the player that annoys them that most. (Morgan doesn't follow this pattern.) For Drake the stongest player is Rupert and the most annoying is Jon. (Is it just me or does Jon look to be almost as skinny as Skinny Ryan?) Drake may be so cocky make the mistake of taking out their strongest player, so they don't have to compete with him in the end. That will enable the Morgan tribe to get back into the game. So don't count the Morgan tribe out yet. I hope they come back and make a game out of it. I don't like to see people lose as badly as they are right now. Now if Drake is stupid enough to vote Rupert out they desvere to lose.

Rupert is the man. Who would have thought that he could have beaten Osten in the immunity challenge. Guess appearances can be deciving.

I totally believed that he would beat Osten, he has heart (and there was no way he was going to let his team down).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea1994
    Posted by suncat7 - Today at 02:16 AM
    ______________________________ _______________________

He's mine too Suncat!!! He's just so fits with the whole pirate theme. And he kicked butt in that challenge today. Rupert ROCKS!!!

LOL Sweetpea, I will share! I just think he's doing such an amazing job!

YAYYYYY Rupert!!!

+ Reply to Thread