+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    One more thing, I don't know if anybody said anything about Osten's reference to Christa, as Big Bird, and that she is'nt as dopey as she appears, and she is smart..blah.blah.blah, or whatever he said. After he made that comment, I sort of thought about the movie "Big" where the marketing folks thought that Tom Hank's character was some sort of genius or something. That he was acting eccentric as part of his personality. Well, Osten has been duped, because she acted like a stoner, he thought that was some sort of genius master plan or something, no Osten, that's really her! That cracked me up. No wonder this Tribe is losing in historic fashion.

I got a kick out of that too Roz.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I got a kick out of that too Roz.
    Hey Zhora,
    The more I see and hear Christa, the more she reminds me of Jeff Spiccoli from "Fast times at Ridgemont High".!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cajro62
    I also thought it was interesting that Lil's torch didn't go out. I hope that she does get to come back- and just stick it to
    the young and clueless.
    Ya great foreshadowing Survivor. If Lillian does come back, that would be a great shocker. Right!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I don't know who is there at the challenges, but it appears as though Jeff is left alone to judge them. It would be very hard to catch everything, if that is the case.
    To catch everything? But Jeff was yelling at Osten to get the rope up not once or twice but many times. Osten should have been DQed. This isn't like WWE Monday Night Raw (or is it?). Things here should be done by the rules. And I am sure that it isn't just Jeff alone there. They will also have to have other people around to monitor the challenges and take care of the production aspect. Oh ya and the make-up people too!!!

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    To what everyone else has said, I really don't think Lill really understood this game. She was always off alone, complaining, and not trying to build alliances with anyone!

Everyone in that tribe is clueless and I can't stand Andrew! He is such an idiot and a poor excuse for a leader if there was anything. I looked to see him fix the shelter, but it looks exactly the same as before.

I think Ryan O is the only decent one left on that stupid tribe. He can make the merge, I don't give a crap about the rest of the tribe.
    I agree with all that. And that is exactly how I felt about Lil. It wasn't just that she was playing really badly--she didn't even get what game she was in.

And Pretty Ryan is my favorite character on the whole show now. He seems to at least get what the problem is, and he seems like a real sweetheart. I loved the way he cracked up all the time early on, those smiles are harder to come by over there now. Such expressive eyes. I could watch him all day.
    Last edited by Dave Cullen; 10-04-2003 at 05:21 PM.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Lill Morris. Lill Morris. Hmmmmmm.

Lill -- I heard/read/saw the name nearly a hundred times alone, but Lill Morris, that's a little different.

I put her name in a blog-entry title yesterday and I've been looking at it 24 hours now, and I every time I see it I think "Lill Abner."

Lill Abner? Lill . . . anything. Lill by itself, I never really thought about it. But pair it with anything and . . . Does anyone else think the combination sounds a little . . . ridiculous? A little Dogpatch?

I keep snickering every time I read it, but now I think the nickname stuck for a reason. Captures the woman perfectly, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Ah! The truth is, we agree with each other.

But, the tribe thinks Darrah is more valuable, and I think her suffering in the last IC probably helped her case, while Lil's fishing faux pax hurt her.

Some interesting things came out of Lil's chat today too on that topic, but see the thread for that.

I think in the long run keeping Darrah was a mistake. Darrah is only still there because Ryan O has the hots for her. I think if Lil was suspended in the air like Darrah was she would have done a good job too. Watching Darrah was hilarious, especially her reply when asked by Jeff if she was doing okay "I'm nuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbb b". Can anyone sound so comical as her? That nasal dumb country pumpkin accent still keeps me laughing. Big mistake voting out Lil instead of Darrah. All Darrah contributes to the tribe is a wide array of stupid looks for everyone. Too bad they showed her so much this episode, the mystery has ended. She's just duuummmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbb.

I think that Lil really does understand the game- I mean She knew she was an outsider and would be possibly be an early boot. When Nicole came to her to oust tijuana- she had the smarts to go and tell Andrew- the result of it was that she had stayed an extra 3 days (9 to be exact) But I didn't think she was willing to be deceptive.
    For those of you who are cheering for Drake- well that's all fine and dandy however Survivor is not a team sport. It is an individual game whether you are on a tribe or not- remember
    its one thing to get to the final 2 but getting votes is another matter.
    I don't think Sandra is a jerk. If it weren't for her and Rupert Drake would probably be just like Morgan. I think that if someone was publicly pointing out your weakness you would defend yourself too! Jon is the MOST worthless contestant I have ever seen. For example, in the first episode during the 1st ic
    I see Jon doing little ballet turns as I think it was Trish was the one who picking up rocks as he was doing that and not helping her. Did you notice that in ep 2 that he went to into the water but was standing on the shoreline as the rest of his tribemates went down to get the chest? he's lazy!
    I thought that Morgan would have ousted Darrah the way she acted on the cove. I thought Ryan O had a lot of room to talk about how everyone separates. I mean he was the one that tried to get a boat FIRST without money or a map.
    I agree with whoever said that Osten is the type of person that needs cheerleaders. Big Baby!

I don't know who is there at the challenges, but it appears as though Jeff is left alone to judge them.
    During challenges, there's a large crew present off-camera. Probst doesn't stand next to the castaways the whole time. During the 2 hours, I'm certain Probst took several breaks. He periodically returns to the challenges to needle the contestants.

Probst probably would've disqualified Morgan if Drake had objected to Osten resting his rope on the hitching post.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    It would be very hard to catch everything, if that is the case.
    In S1, during the "Hands on the hard idol" challenge, Kelly was the only one who noticed that Rudy had taken his hand off the idol. Rudy lost only because Kelly shouted out "He took his hand off!" If she had not said anything, Rudy would've been in the game since no one, including Rudy himself, noticed.
    Last edited by sheela; 10-07-2003 at 02:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread