+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Poor Rupert

Dave Cullen
    I'm perplexed by all the Lill-love around here. Seems like her chief occupation has been whining.

I'm not thrilled with Lill but seems to me Ostern is the whiner here. What has Andrew done so far but say he is the leader, he seems pretty useless? My favorite so far is Rupert but he is making a big mistake putting his whole heart into the game so early. Soon as the individual challenges start he will be the first one out. I hope he will start backing off as the strong player. Poor guy doesn't seem to see himself as a threat. The only people I really dislike so far is Sandra and Ostern. We haven't seen enough of Drake Tribe yet but I've seen enough of Sandra to know she comes across as a jerk. Jon isn't all that likeable either.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Wow, as much as I really enjoy the Drake tribe, I felt sorry for Morgan last night.

I had the tinge of pity last week, but this week I was really hoping they might pull off the immunity challenge (and then Drake could get rid of that jerk Jon )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

In the big picture though, Lil sealed her fate there. She admitted to not knowing how to fish, but got up early and went and did it, losing one of the hooks.

In Survivor, it is not good to be a loner, and really she would have gained some valuable support if she had waited for Ryan O to come and show her.

Nice lady, but she was not playing the game. It is always about the game. She made an extremely poor alliance decision early, and then distanced herself from the tribe.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    In the big picture though, Lil sealed her fate there. She admitted to not knowing how to fish, but got up early and went and did it, losing one of the hooks.

In Survivor, it is not good to be a loner, and really she would have gained some valuable support if she had waited for Ryan O to come and show her.

Nice lady, but she was not playing the game. It is always about the game. She made an extremely poor alliance decision early, and then distanced herself from the tribe.
    She kinda remember me of Ryan S from the last episode.. where he didn't know his limit and went first for the imunity challenge thus lost the challenge all together. But that being said.. I still want Osten gone.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Speaking of Ryan O, why didn't Lill and Darrah attempt to form an alliance with him? He doesn't seem thrilled with Andrew as a leader and doesn't seem to be a strong member of their alliance. He might have at least recognized that he would stand a better chance of getting to the merge with Lill and Darrah then Andrew. I'm sure that as soon as Darrah is gone, Ryan O will be next up at the whipping boy post.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands
    Dave Cullen
    I'm perplexed by all the Lill-love around here. Seems like her chief occupation has been whining.

I'm not thrilled with Lill but seems to me Ostern is the whiner here. What has Andrew done so far but say he is the leader, he seems pretty useless?
    Andrew didn't say he was the leader, the tribe asked him to do it. He accepted. There is a difference there, and it means that the morgans only have themselves to blame for that decision.

Andrew performs quite well in the challenges, I would hardly call him worthless. Overblown self-important psychobabble spewer yes... but not worthless.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Speaking of Ryan O, why didn't Lill and Darrah attempt to form an alliance with him? He doesn't seem thrilled with Andrew as a leader and doesn't seem to be a strong member of their alliance. He might have at least recognized that he would stand a better chance of getting to the merge with Lill and Darrah then Andrew. I'm sure that as soon as Darrah is gone, Ryan O will be next up at the whipping boy post.
    Why would he ? I think Ryan O is sitting on a pretty good position.. if you ask me.. As long as Andrew is there.. he would want to keep the stronger players in the game.. thus.. Ryan O is obviously physical stronger than Tijuana and heck.. much smater than Osten in my opinion. I think he would make it farer.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Posted by Lucy - Today at 04:46 PM
    I am rooting for Drake because Morgan hasn't shown me anything that indicates they deserve to win.
    But my concern is that the winning streak means that Drake hasn't had to think seriously about strategy. Someone else on this thread mentioned this as well. Perhaps they're making alliances we're not seeing, thanks to editing, but if not and they go into the merge with members of Morgan who do have strong alliances (and that's assuming a lot; Morgan doesn't seem to have developed much in the way of strong alliances) then the Drake-ites could be vulnerable, if they're floundering around without a strong alliance.
    Also the preview talk about throwing a challenge so Drake can boot someone off (and please let it be Jon if they do) is worrisome. They should win everything they can for as long as they can so that they go into the merge strong and can pick off the remaining Morgan members like flies. There will be plenty of time later to get rid of annoying tribe members. That said, if they do throw a challenge they better have already worked out who's getting the boot.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

I agree Lucy, we have seen almost none of the interaction between the Drake tribe. We get to see Morgan members strategizing about who did what, but none of that from Drake. Could it be because there hasn't been any because they haven't had to consider voting someone off or could it just be editing to keep us wondering. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Why would he ? I think Ryan O is sitting on a pretty good position.. if you ask me.. As long as Andrew is there.. he would want to keep the stronger players in the game.. thus.. Ryan O is obviously physical stronger than Tijuana and heck.. much smater than Osten in my opinion. I think he would make it farer.
    I respectfully disagree. Leaders that are unsure of themselves tend to keep around two kinds of personalities; a workhorse and a rabble rouser. In his mind, he has Osten to back up all of his useless talk and he has Tijuana to keep popular opinion swayed. Ryan O is in good physical shape and seems to have some intelligence. Andrew would see him as a threat to his position.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think Ryan O could become more and more forceful in his own leadership as we go. But I don't see it getting as far as him in the boot decision process. Morgan is due, they will probably win this week, even if Drake doesn't lose on purpose.

+ Reply to Thread