+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Darrah did nothing to deserve to be booted. In fact, she suffered quite a bit in that harness during the IC. Speaking of that challenge, yes Osten has not perfromed well in most other competitions, but in this one, I tip my hat to him. 2 hours of that in the hot sun, with much less food and sleep than Rupert. He put up an excellent effort there.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen

I'm perplexed by all the Lill-love around here.

I think that people just like her better than the rest of her tribe. She has shown a little more initiative than her tribe mates. The only other instance of actual effort on the part of the other tribemates occurred during the IC. Darrah and Osten finally showed signs of chutzpah there but until then, they all seemed to be waiting for sherpas to arrive and set up their camp for them.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think Osten and Rupert did a good job, but let's be kind of truthful about it...

1) 30 minutes with "help", taking most of the load off you.

2) 60 minutes lying down, using your foot to anchor the rope against the hitching post.

3) 30 minutes standing, anchoring the rope with the hitching post.

4) 30 seconds standing and not using the hitching post, illegally using your elbows at one point to lever the rope backward.

So, while it was a feat of strength, it wasn't as tough as it sounds, really. Anyone with some understanding of leverage could do the same, pretty much regardless of size or strength.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    Why is Osten viewed as such an important part of the tribe in challenges? He lost both of them for Morgan last night.
    Holding on for over an hour of torture that most of his team could not have endured for five mintues is "losing" the challenge?

I think even Morgan is smart enough to see how hopeless they would have been in that challenge without him. He put up a great fight and seemed to come close to winning. In a similar challenge, maybe he would/will. Anyone else on the team would/will be trounced.

And I think the first challenge was lost by whoever sent Osten's boat out of the action, which may or may not have been him (or only him). By the time he sank his own boat, it was all over but a bit of bailing, and he started acting frantically and finished his boat off. The only reason his standing up and pushing sank it was because it was already so full of water.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    (Bill, it was Christie that was being grilled, just want to make sure you get that for the Pirate Report)

Lillian not only lost a hook, she lost the LAST hook the tribe had. Apparently, they started with 3 or 4, and were down to just that one.

Now, I'm not sure if losing the LAST hook is a bigger loss, in the scheme of things, than losing the first hook...they're all important, right? But it has significant impact on Morgan's fish-catching ability.
    REALLY ?? I thought I heard she said that she lost a hook and now they are DOWN to one. Can someone double check ?

Morgan tribe sucks.. seriously.. Osten builds like a bull.. unfortunately.. he has a brain size of a bull as well. I totally blamed him for the lose of the reward challenge.. he sank his own boat.. But he did good on the imunity challenge though.. but I would hate to go against Rupter.. That guy has a shred determination to win.

Oh yeah.. Sandra is really getting on my nerve.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I think Osten and Rupert did a good job, but let's be kind of truthful about it...

1) 30 minutes with "help", taking most of the load off you.

2) 60 minutes lying down, using your foot to anchor the rope against the hitching post.

3) 30 minutes standing, anchoring the rope with the hitching post.

4) 30 seconds standing and not using the hitching post, illegally using your elbows at one point to lever the rope backward.

So, while it was a feat of strength, it wasn't as tough as it sounds, really. Anyone with some understanding of leverage could do the same, pretty much regardless of size or strength.
    You make good points. I think though that he was the guy for the job from that tribe, and he did it well on that challenge.

I was surprised Jeff didn't immediately disqualify him. Can you imagine the uproar if Rupert would have stumbled and lost the rope while Osten was cheating?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It probably wouldn't have mattered if Morgan could have put their whole tribe against Rupert. He seems to have so much heart for the game, that I think he would have dropped dead from a heart attack on the spot rather than give up.

Osten did try for 2 hours, though, so I give him props for that. If I would have had to go against Rupert in a challenge of brute strength, I probably would have said, "Are you kidding me?" and walked back to camp. All Rupert had to do was lean back and his pure body size did a lot of the work.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Yes, Morgan is plagued by leadership issues and poor judgment. The crux of the matter, for me, however, is that they never think things through and communicate with each other. They panic too easily--the running through town, standing up in an already sinking boat (instead of moving to the other end), etc. They remind me of cockroaches scurrying off in all directions when a light is turned on! They need to have a plan in advance and then a backup when that fails...Even though no one thought Ryan S. worthwhile to this tribe, at least he recognized this primal and essential survival skill--organization and planning.

I'm pretty sure she did say after she lost the hook that now they were down to one.

I am rooting for Drake because Morgan hasn't shown me anything that indicates they deserve to win.
    But my concern is that the winning streak means that Drake hasn't had to think seriously about strategy. Someone else on this thread mentioned this as well. Perhaps they're making alliances we're not seeing, thanks to editing, but if not and they go into the merge with members of Morgan who do have strong alliances (and that's assuming a lot; Morgan doesn't seem to have developed much in the way of strong alliances) then the Drake-ites could be vulnerable, if they're floundering around without a strong alliance.
    Also the preview talk about throwing a challenge so Drake can boot someone off (and please let it be Jon if they do) is worrisome. They should win everything they can for as long as they can so that they go into the merge strong and can pick off the remaining Morgan members like flies. There will be plenty of time later to get rid of annoying tribe members. That said, if they do throw a challenge they better have already worked out who's getting the boot.

+ Reply to Thread