+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: were the teams set up equally in the beginning?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall
    Morgan has to be one of the worst tribes ever. But you can't forget Marquasas' tribe, Maraamu? Is that how you spell it? Anyway, they lost like the first 6 challenges in a row, and even once they switched the tribes up, they had a numbers disadvantage and it was hard for them to win. Morgan is boarding on Maraamu for one of the worst tribes ever.

I know there are 4 guys and 4 girls on each team, but give me a break. Rupert is like 3 men. And then Drake has Skinny Ryan? What kind of set up is that. Of course they arn't going to win when all the challenges are pushing a cannon, let's see, who would you want behind that thing, ryan s or rupert, Dragging a drunk across the ocean floor?

Morgan team is very disorganized, and they will probably not win any challenges, but i don't think the teams were evenly split. JMO
    True, so far Morgan looks pretty bad, but, remember, the winner of S4 was from Maraamu, so no matter how you stack the teams, it is all the same in the end.

FORT Fogey
    I thought pre-show that the teams seemed pretty equal, too! CBS should have a better idea of personalities, though, because potential contestants have to go in for interviews. CBS would get to know the contestants better. I guess they had no idea that Osten would turn out to be such a baby.

Thanks guys for backing me up on the post copying thing.

As far as tribe equality: hasn't Morgan been really close to winning each of the challenges? (I have a tendency to do other things while watching the show). My impression has been that Morgan has nearly won most of the challenges, only to lose at the last minute. If Morgan had the spirit, cohesiveness, organization and cooperation of Drake, they'd probably have won. As it is, they're hampered by themselves, not by any weighting of the teams by CBS.

I can't imagine the producers would want to stack the odds in favor of one team. That would only make the show boring because it would get so predictible. I'm sure CBS want them to take turns winning.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Newbie
    Howdy...new to the forum, just thought I'd throw in an opinion.

The teams do seem physically to be quite evenly matched. I just think that Morgan really handicapped themselves with their utterly absurd display of shopping in the village. Without proper clothes and food they shot holes in whatever careful planning CBS might have done. I think Drake will be very entertaining when they finally do lose a challenge. The going hasn't even started getting hard for them yet.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I think those of you that have pointed out that both the immunity challenges came down to the wire are dead on. From a physical standpoint, I think the tribes started out very even indeed. The big advantage came from the tribe member that spoke Spanish, but even without a Spanish speaking tribe member, Morgan did a horrible job shopping at the village. Leaving the island with extra money was a completely boneheaded move. As was Osten's decision to sell all his clothes.

As time goes on, without proper shelter and food, Morgan will continue to more and more to compete with Drake. Their strength will deminish making it difficult to win physical challenges, and their lack of sleep will hurt them in mental challenges.

But somehow, I expect to see them make a rally in the next few episodes.

I think that both tribes were indeed set up equally in the beginning--in each tribe they've got:

3 brawny men - Shawn, Burton, Rupert, Andrew, Osten, Ryan O
    1 lean guy - Jon, Ryan S
    3 younger, athletic women - Michelle, Sandra, Christa, Nicole, Darrah, Tijuana
    1 older woman - Trish, Lillian

It was just a matter of each tribe properly "allocating their resources", so to speak.

I think the teams were very fair. In fact, I honestly thought that Morgan seemed stronger on paper.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    Trish isn't all that old is she? I was thinking she was in her early 30s.

One day, Morgan might be able to straighten themselves out.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I don't think strength is the #1 factor in winning these challenges, but rather working as a team, not wanting to do do things your own way, and not hating a contestant so bad your willing to throw the challenge to get rid of them.

Looking back at past seasons, Pagong was a much younger and fitter tribe (they were described as MTV's Beach House), yet Tagi worked better together, and got rid of those that were holding them down. Samburu is another example of tribe that was spilt by age and couldn't get along (Brandon even threw his chance for staying in the game by Áhosing to vote against Kelly rather than Lex, all because he didn't want to share a vote with Frank.) Even after the switching, it was still obvious the spilt was there. And then you look at Sook-Jai and Chuay Gahn. CG was older, but got along better, while SJ turned on each other and threw several challenges just to oust certain people.
    So back to the topic, I think the tribe's were divided up fairly, and as for Osten, MB has said many times that if a person acted the way they did on t.v. during the interview process, they'd never make it. So Osten could have put some big macho act on to impress them, thinking he could handle it.
    Morgan has been pretty close with the 2 IC. They didn't have a prayer in the RC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast