+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you take?

Premium Member
    I would have taken their map!

Funny, the only thing that I could think of taking was Osten. He would no longer have to worry about getting sick from being cold.

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    If I thought I could get away with it, I'd take Ryan O with me. Ya know, just for body heat at night and stuff like that there.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    I would have taken their map!
    You mean their treasure map from the reward ?? idea.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Unless you had transportation to the other island the treasure map is of no use to the opposite tribe. The only purpose it serves is to hurt the tribe's morale and does nothing to HELP your own tribe. As Drake said before their raid.. its not about hurting them, its about helping us.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Actually...that would make a great reward challenge...for one tribe to abduct a couple of opposing tribe members. Maybe it'll happen...you never know.

Anyway, the item I'd take from Drake would be the spear...and barring that, I'd go after the live chicken, if they haven't eaten it yet.

Morgan...I'd probably take Lillian with me...let the Morgan tribe members really self-destruct then.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Unless you had transportation to the other island the treasure map is of no use to the opposite tribe. The only purpose it serves is to hurt the tribe's morale and does nothing to HELP your own tribe. As Drake said before their raid.. its not about hurting them, its about helping us.
    I agree and disagree, Dux. I think that the map would be a bit silly to take since you couldn't get the treasure with it. I could think of a lot of things more useful I would take first. However, hurting a tribe's morale WOULD help your tribe in the challenges. We've all seen tribes go in a quick downward spiral when their morale took a hit.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I agree and disagree, Dux. I think that the map would be a bit silly to take since you couldn't get the treasure with it. I could think of a lot of things more useful I would take first. However, hurting a tribe's morale WOULD help your tribe in the challenges. We've all seen tribes go in a quick downward spiral when their morale took a hit.
    I am not talking about the treasure map, I am talking about the directional map.
    From the past Survivors, I have learned, that especially in the early days, like day 5 for example, they get into a little niche, this guys gets the firewood, this lady fishes, that person gets the water, and so on and so forth. The map has the water source on it, if you take the map, you do two things, you add additional confusion to your opponents camp, and the person who knows where the water source is, becomes empowered, causing disruption in the camp.
    All that being said, from what I have seen, only 2 folks on Morgan know where the water is, and one of them is now at the losers lounge. Taking the map is a huge emotional jolt to your opponent.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    then why would Drake wanted to take their water jag in the first time ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    then why would Drake wanted to take their water jag in the first time ?
    Ruben, you are so right. No matter what was taken, or how insignificant the item was that was taken, you just raided their camp and took what was theirs. Instant bad feelings between the tribes. Because, no matter what you took, when they come to your camp, their gonna do it 2 fold.
    My thought was swing for the fences, and really create chaos in their camp during the first raid. By Sandra taking the tarp, that was a nice way to bring the competition up a noche. Already, Osten is worrying about getting Pneumonia, now Tijuana is disappointed with Osten. Ryan S. makes the statement at the TC that somebody confided in him to quit. It was a great suggestion by Jon, and a great move by Sandra to take the tarp, it has created a negative domino affect at Morgan, which is exactly what that raid was about in the first place. (Even though I would have still taken the map).
    Remember, Ethan was the only one that played nice and won the game, playing nice and trying to remain friendly with the opposite tribe, is a one way ticket to the loser's lounge.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    (Even though I would have still taken the map). .
    I don't think it is legel to take the map.. otherwise.. people can also take tribe flag or the "mailbox".. we can't have that now.. can we ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast