+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I just wanted to point out that "Fuzzy nudity blob" striked again. On Ryan O., again
    They should have used it a second time - when Lillian showed up in her grandma undies.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

What a wuss that Shawn and Osten turned out to be. First Shawn was too tired to keep looking for the spear, and then you have big ole Osten whining that he might get pneumonia. :rolleyes

Ryan S was probably the weakest one in the Morgan team at least physically, but he was not the weakest mentally. He wasn't agressive enough to make the others listen to his ideas about devising a plan of attack. Ryan S. said during his exit interview that he knew the game inside out. Why the heck did he then alienate himself from the rest? I didn't even see him try to befriend the others.

Sandra was trying to be as nice as possible, but the other team was pretty rude to her, especially Tijuana. That was so petty of her to tell Sandra that she couldn't use their knife to cut the tarp down. If they had helped her, maybe their hut wouldn't have been destroyed. What a bunch of sore losers!

Rupert is the man! I can't believe he found the tip of the spear. I think that if Morgan wins the next RC, they will take the spear. Rupert won't be a happy camper if he doesn't have his meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Regarding Osten's intentions to quit, I'm sure it was just his way of whining. That's how he does it: calmly makes his intention to quit known, and offers to help to rebuild the shelter. He doesn't really want to be voted out (if he did, he would have voted for someone other than Ryan S. to increase his own chances of being voted out).
    I was going to say the same thing and completely forgot. He should have voted for someone else if he truly wanted to leave. I really can't imagine that he has ever watched the show before. He probably thought he was going to be on some sort of Temptation Island show .

Further proof of this:

He tried to bring liquor and cds.

He has just been marooned on an island for a possible 40 days and he sells every stitch of clothing on his body except for his boxers. I guess he has never heard of it being cold or raining.

He hates to swim and avoids it at all cost.

He is very afraid of creepy crawlie things.

He is concerned that he might get sick. Apparently it never occurred to him that they would be outside the whole time and it would not be cozy and comfy.

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not saying I could handle being out there, but that is why I have no intention of applying for Survivor.

I wonder if his tribe will boot him next or try to keep him around for the challenges. Morgan needs all the help they can get, but his attitude can't be good for their morale.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    I like sandra! She was so cool to them and what did they really have to offer anyway??

A couple more thoughts:

1) What do you guys think about this new Reward Challenge format? It introduces a lot of new possibilities. Firstly, the whole "stealing the other tribe's stuff" routine creates real tension between the tribes, which I found was rather lacking in previous seasons. Also, the fact that you get clues to the location of a treasure introduces the possibility that through less than 3 of the available clues, a tribe could actually start looking for it, as is shown (hinted at?) in next week's preview. That's a wonderful addition to the game. I wonder what Jeff will do if a tribe does find the treasure before they get the 3 clues. Will the RC format change on the fly?

2) Osten's pectorals make it look like he's about to fall forward every time I see him. Am I alone in thinking this?

I love the new reward challenge incentives. The looting of an item and the buried treasure are great in a pirate themed show. I love how they are going full out pirate mode and introducing some fun new stuff. So far all the challenges have been entertaining and creative as well. I also think O-dawgs pecs are too big, he may fall next week due to this, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    A couple more thoughts:

1) What do you guys think about this new Reward Challenge format? It introduces a lot of new possibilities. Firstly, the whole "stealing the other tribe's stuff" routine creates real tension between the tribes, which I found was rather lacking in previous seasons. Also, the fact that you get clues to the location of a treasure introduces the possibility that through less than 3 of the available clues, a tribe could actually start looking for it, as is shown (hinted at?) in next week's preview. That's a wonderful addition to the game. I wonder what Jeff will do if a tribe does find the treasure before they get the 3 clues. Will the RC format change on the fly?
    I agree, Zaius. The increased urgency to the competition between the two tribes is exciting. The fact that they were thrown out there without any belongings has really increased the "survival" factor and has made their few acquisitions so much more precious to them. This makes losing the challenges extra-scary. Not just froma physical standpoint, but mental as well. They don't have the small comforts of having a few familiar or treasured (no pun intended ) belongings with them. Imagine how different they would feel if they at least each had a jacket, or one small thing from home that they had specially chosen to help them from getting homesick.
    The drive to find their treasure chest is a great incentive to not get lazy and complacent. If I was on the Morgan tribe, I would probably start looking for the treasure anyway, map or no map. (I know, that sound crazy, but I would think that just sitting there would be maddening, knowing that there could be some supplies hidden not too far away).
    Last edited by cali; 09-26-2003 at 09:46 AM. Reason: to fix quote tags
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

So far I like the addition of the "stealing" and that it adds an entirely new dimension to the game. The psychological blow from having your enemy come to your camp and select an item could be devistating to an already weak and disorganized tribe. I hope it isn't back and forth with the items, Drake has the spear to lose. This adds interaction as well between the two tribes, everyone seemed amicable towards Sandra at first but it quickly changed. Drake now knows who the Morgan tribe members are and how they live.

The treasure could be interesting as well, the combination of these two additions gives new importance to the RC's. It's possible too that someone could hide the clues, or find the treasure and keep it a secret.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Though Rupert and Sandra are getting (well-deserved) attention on Drake, I want to give to Burton for the awesome job he did on the Reward Challenge.

Hopefully he won't turn out to be the jerk that Shawn is quickly becoming.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I cannot believe what a bunch of idiots Morgan is turning out to be. Sending out Ryan S. to start out the RC was a bad, bad idea. They lost it pretty much there. Then, at the IC, they've got a scout master in their tribe. Yet they have trouble untying their coordinates. Unbelievable!

Osten wimping out has to be one of the most annoying moments in Survivor history. He's got enough to make it to the merge if he has his head screwed on straight. Still, I had zero sympathy when he complained about how cold it was - seeing as it was his genius that made him sell his clothing.

I like the RC looting. The added tribe rivalry is going to be great - but there's also going to be the possibility that someone could get a head start on alliances for the post-merge stage. Lots of possibilities beyond just the looting tself.

+ Reply to Thread