+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Leo
    Premium Member
    Or even better: Drake could hide the spear somewhere in the water, or near their well.

Well, someone said that in Ryan's chat the producers told them they couldn't hide their posessions. So is submerging the spear going too far?

By the way, who knew you could get fish so easily with a hunting spear like that?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hep, it's not just a spear, it's a spear-gun. The tip shoots out under rubber-band pressure. So, you aim and fire. It's a lot easier than a regular spear.

does it comes wif a goggles?
    i can't remember if drake have one....
    i was thinking...u can't catch fish with the spear-gun without the goggles...because u wouldn't be able to see underwater???
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

ok after finally watching my tape from the other nite.. here goes... Agreed that Osten is a cry baby.
    It looked like Ryan S was set up to fail in that RC challange. Yes, Burton did go twice! I was glad to hear Rupert say not to hurt the other tribe, Sandra wasn't gonna take anything big until the demons came out( I guess I'd be mad too if another tribe came over to take something from the camp) When Sandra was talking about about the its great to be a pirate- Jeff cautioned them that paybacks are hell. when jeff asked lillian to make an assessment and kept trying interrogate - it was obvious that she did not want to start being the scoutmaster at that point. At the TC- Ryan S. actually did come up with the best assessment, in terms of no planning or unity. Watch the video by the way, of him talking about how the Morgan players are more interested in socializing instead of strategizing. I wonder if Drake will purposely lose a challenge to get rid of a few dolts. That's all for now.
    Carey

I don't think they need goggles or mask, the water is crystal clear. Did you notice in the RC some of them ditched the face masks entirely?

Still impressed with the spear gun.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I still can't figure out why, after being prompted by Jeff, that Ryan S. didn't point to Osten as the person who approached him wanting out. It may not have changed anyones mind, but Ryan S. thought he would be voted out at both TC's and here he could have tried to save himself. In that forum, he could explain his position to the entire tribe. It was as if he was resigned to the fact that he was out, and it's too bad to see that happen. But he was right, he wasn't "in" with the right people and there was little he could do at that point.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    I still can't figure out why, after being prompted by Jeff, that Ryan S. didn't point to Osten as the person who approached him wanting out.
    It wouldn't have helped to point to Osten because all the tribe members knew it anyway. He probably wanted to appear honorable & loyal to the end. Who knows, that could have gotten him a sympathy vote from someone. But it didn't. I don't think there's much in the way of honor or sympathy on that tribe.

It'll be interesting to see who Andrew goes after now. About the only thing Andrew is decisive about is who to quickly blame things on.

Do we know who didn't vote for Ryan S? That person would be a likely target.

I was going to add, too, regarding the Skinny Ryan jabs:

I think Jeff Probst should put a stop to the nasty nicknaming, at least on the voting cards at TC. If I were at TC and just wrote "Asshat" on my card, should everyone assume I'm talking about Andrew? If it were me, I'd consider officially contesting the results. After all, there's another Ryan on that tribe and who's to say "skinny" wasn't applying to him?

Jeff should have taken the vote out, read it aloud: "Skinny Ryan. No, that's ambiguous. Disqualified. Next vote, Skinny Ryan, nope, disqualified."
    Last edited by Levdrakon; 09-27-2003 at 05:48 PM.

According to the American Lung Association, Osten is a little too young and healthy to contract pneumonia unless he has an immune deficiency like AIDS or something (besides, colds are infections of the nose and throat which you can't get from being exposed outside. Influenza gets into the lungs and involves high fever and potentially dangerous pneumonia. The flu is caused by the Influenza type A or B virus which recurs every year around the world in a slightly different form, so how does being cold give him a virus?).

Myth: Spending time outside in cold weather can cause the flu and cold.
    Fact: Exposure to cold weather does not cause the flu or cold. Flu epidemics occur in the winter because that is when the virus is spread across the country. .....

.....Pneumonia can be caused by the flu virus or by bacteria that attacks when the body's defenses are weakened by the flu. Pneumonia and other complications of flu are more likely to occur in high-risk groups of people, such as the elderly and those with immune systems that have been weakened by other medical conditions.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Actually, I do think Sandra made some comments to the Morgan tribe comparing their living conditions. Didn't she say something about how well they'd done gathering goods in the village?

BTW, LC, while I agree with you that Maraamu was one of the worst tribes ever, it is interesting that Vee was a member of that tribe. So don't write off any of the Morgans just yet.

Also of note: Ogakor (home of eventual winner Tina) lost three in a row, Boran (home of eventual winner Ethan) lost the first two, and Chuay Gahn (home of eventual winner Brian) lost 3 of 4 ICs before annihilating 7 Sook Jais in a row.
    Yeah, I wasn't counting out a winner from there, that could happen. I was just saying that currently this is one of the worst tribes I've ever seen. They are unbelievably disorganized and have no plan, a crappy shelter, and hardly eat! I don't know what can be done to help them out besides switching around the tribes. Or giving them food, and they don't even have to win a challenge, like one of those auctions, but they usually wait till individual challenges for that.

+ Reply to Thread