+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Father Time lol
    Quote Originally Posted by darwin
    Wouldn't it had been funny if Sandra took the bucket from the water well. that would have been great. ouch
    Heh heh heh! Hey, the tarp was bad enough - Go Go Sleep Deprivation!
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I am just thinking who Drake tribe will vote off.. if they lose the immunity ? Me thinks that Jon would go.

I hope so. I can't stand that guy. He looks shifty and he got blubbering drunk the first night. NEVER a good move.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Some folks have said Sandra was pretty cold to take their tarp when it was apparent they had a lot less stuff than Drake. It didn't seem to bother her much, that's for sure.

If she'd been thinking about the game, she would have realized that it was a mistake to be the "pirate" for her tribe. She could have used the opportunity to gain some brownie points with future merged tribe members if she had wanted to, but that wasn't her agenda. She was very polite about the whole thing, but who wouldn't resent the loss of the tarp? All she did was paint a target on her back, assuming she lasts in the game past the merge.

She could have said, "my tribe told me to take the tarp" and spread the dislike a little. I think she's going to be blamed for the loss of the tarp individually.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Other than after a few reward challenge meals, does anyone remember any time when the survivors "complained" about being too full to eat another bite?

I liked the editing where the Drake tribe was practically rubbing their full bellies while Morgan was whining that they had had nothing to eat or drink or any sleep for days.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    She could have said, "my tribe told me to take the tarp" and spread the dislike a little. I think she's going to be blamed for the loss of the tarp individually.
    I think this would have been her very best bet. If I had been Sandra, I would have taken a much different approach. First I would have done everything possible not to be picked as the raider. But assuming I had been picked, the first thing I would have done once landing at Morgan beach is act semi-depressed, and make it immediately clear to the Morgan members that I didn't want to be picked and that I thought this was a horrible job. Also, I would have not said a word to Morgan about my living conditions. If I was asked explicity, I would have simply said "We're doing ok" and kept it neutral. I would have taken the tarp though, and explained that if I didn't take anything of value my tribe would hate me. Then as I left, I would have made it again clear that I wish I hadn't been the one to do it, but I was the one picked.

In other words, I would have at least made it look like I didn't want to be there. Sandra's attitude was more a "hi guys, wacha got here? Hmmm. You ain't got much do ya? Ah well, I'm gonna take your most valuable position anyways! Can I have a hand?" She filled the uncomfortable silence with seemingly empty "No hard feelings" comments and did not seem to care about Morgan's perception of her. I think it will cost her when the merge will come, assuming there is any Morgan member left to merge with by then () and assuming she makes it there herself.

Her comment at Immunity Challenge kinda rubbed it in...Again, bad.

Edited to add: My behavior would have been hypocrtical, as I would have enjoyed stealing their most valuable possessions. But hey, they don't know that!
    Last edited by Zaius; 09-26-2003 at 08:05 PM.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I know I wouldn't have gone over and pirated. I would have tried to get out of that any way I could. When the merge comes, they will remember her. In a negative situation like that, no one really comes away saying, "Wow. What a nice girl!" Those people are going to hate her now and if she sticks around she'll need to overcome that, for sure.

By the time the tribes merge, Sandra's tarp taking will be a vague and distant memory. Someone will have to play pirate every 3 days, she was merely the first of many.

well, if morgan gets the chance to pillage, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take something. They have to, at some point, realize it's a game.

I do agree that she could have, and possibly should have taken something else, or approached it differently, but the way Morgan treated her (with the exception of Ryan S. and possibly Lill) was terrible. It's not her fault they lost.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Just to clarify, I think she should have been slightly more caring or at least give the semblance of it when she took the tarp. However, I do not think she should have taken a less valuable item, because she always has to assume that Morgan will also take the best thing they can find. All in all, I don't think she did that bad.

Regarding her behavior when taking the tarp, I don't think that particular event is much of an issue when it comes to her strategy. She doesn't seem afraid to act like that around anyone, from Morgan or Drake; and so I'm sure she'll give herself plenty more chances to give off the perception that she doesn't care much about whether her actions, or the way she carries them out, offend anyone. In short, I don't think she would think twice about changing her actions if she were given the chance to do the raiding over again.

FORT Regular

Survival skills

I'm really enjoying this Survivor, haven't watched since the first on. One comment on the Morgan team: doesn't anyone have any survival skills?
    I mean, if I were going to be sent out to an island, I would at least read up on how to make a net out of clothing or what kind of shelter would be the best. I'm really surprised at Lil's lack of skills in this area.
    Also, what do you think Jeff was hinting at during the Tribal Council? That they should get another leader? What does he see as the problem?
    Watching the two teams work in this episode, made me realize the value of teamwork. Morgan totally had the lead in the IC and then blew it with so many people fighting to untie the rope, which made it more tangled!

+ Reply to Thread