+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    I'm guessing that if Morgan ever wins a RC they'd want their tarp back.

That's a pretty big "if", though.

-Randy

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Did anyone else find it odd that Burton took 2 of the 5 swimming legs during the Reward Challenge? I guess Jeff didn't say you couldn't, but it doesn't seem right to me that he should have been able to do that.

Secondly, I'm of the opinion that Ryan should have outed Osten as the person who asked him to vote him out when Jeff gave him that opportunity. I don't see that he had anything to gain by keeping his mouth shut in that situation. If anybody on the tribe didn't know that piece of intelligence, they might have been persuaded to change their vote, especially if Jeff had then given Osten a chance to respond to Ryan's comments. Who knows whether Osten wouldn't have skewered himself in the response?

At any rate, I have no interest in seeing Osten win now. He's branded a big "FLO" on his butt now as far as I'm concerned. Whiners who say they want to quit don't deserve to win, in my opinion. Flo (from The Amazing Race) was the worst, both in terms of the severity of her whining and the galling fact that she was on the winning team.
    I hadn't noticed that Burton took 2 of the 5 legs! Curious!

I agree with you when you say that Ryan should have ratted Osten out at TC, but only if he was positive he himself was on the bubble (which I'm sure he was). As Jeff has said before, "There is always something you can do to save yourself". Perhaps in keeping quiet Ryan hoped that, had he survived the TC vote, he would have looked better in the eyes of his tribemates. I'm really not sure... But saying that it was Osten who wanted out of the game might have at least led to a heated debate over whose heart was bigger and very well could have altered the vote's final outcome. TC is the sole, final opportunity that the tribe's pariah has to redeem him or herself...or to at least relocate the spotlight of tribal disappointment onto another tribemate.

OMG! Flo! I had just about forgotten about her!

I know that if I were one of the people who were chosen as 'alternates' this year, I would be extremely upset to see someone whining that they wanted to go home.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by RealGuy
    If they're allowed to hide things, the best place to hide the spear is on the bottom of ocean.

When she noticed how destitude they were, she coulda got HUGE kudo/brownie points by the members of the Morgan Tribe if she would have just grabbed something insignificant. Knowing that they don't have anything....

I think Sandra approached their camp and saw very little there and started walking around looking for something useful but small to take. She specifically looked for the water jug but didn't see one anywhere. There was basically
    nothing useful to take and I think she was just considering taking any small thing that didn't mean too much, like a small knife or plate and then she picked up this negative nasy vibe from Morgan tribe.
    She got off her boat in the beginning and shook their hands and said hello to each one. They should have been more mature and talked to her and made friendly, offered her some water or coconut milk and a piece of roasted fish.
    I think they would have been better off for it in the end. She may have left with a smile on her face and nothing in her hands.
    Morgan isn't playing smart. They didn't bond and form strong team alliance like Skinny Ryan wanted them to at the beginning. And they are not forward thinking now. I 100% believe that Sandra would have taken something of almost no value if their encounter with her had been positive instead of just uncooperative static.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZy
    I was wondering if the tribes can simply hide things by their water-wells (so they'd be able to recover them easily). Obviously the pillager won't go that far and won't know how to get there to pillage more important items that they've hidden.

Wouldn't it had been funny if Sandra took the bucket from the water well. that would have been great. ouch

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, but she wouldn't know where the water well is so she wouldn't be able to get the bucket.

Rupert may have talked to Shawn like he was a kid, but the guy lost the spear. At least he didn't cuss his head off at him. I might have done that. If I ever go on this show, I am soooo gonna have to work on controlling my temper.

Morgan has to be one of the worst tribes ever. But you can't forget Marquasas' tribe, Maraamu? Is that how you spell it? Anyway, they lost like the first 6 challenges in a row, and even once they switched the tribes up, they had a numbers disadvantage and it was hard for them to win. Morgan is boarding on Maraamu for one of the worst tribes ever.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TubeViewer
    When she noticed how destitude they were, she coulda got HUGE kudo/brownie points by the members of the Morgan Tribe if she would have just grabbed something insignificant. Knowing that they don't have anything....

I think Sandra approached their camp and saw very little there and started walking around looking for something useful but small to take. She specifically looked for the water jug but didn't see one anywhere. There was basically
    nothing useful to take and I think she was just considering taking any small thing that didn't mean too much, like a small knife or plate and then she picked up this negative nasy vibe from Morgan tribe.
    She got off her boat in the beginning and shook their hands and said hello to each one. They should have been more mature and talked to her and made friendly, offered her some water or coconut milk and a piece of roasted fish.
    I think they would have been better off for it in the end. She may have left with a smile on her face and nothing in her hands.
    Morgan isn't playing smart. They didn't bond and form strong team alliance like Skinny Ryan wanted them to at the beginning. And they are not forward thinking now. I 100% believe that Sandra would have taken something of almost no value if their encounter with her had been positive instead of just uncooperative static.

Yes..I agree with you. They did get snippy at her...therefore forcing her hand in exactly what she'd take. I don't think she did anything wrong with what she did....cause I probably woulda done it too. I also agree with you that the Morgan tribe could have put the flame out a bit by being more cordial while she was looking around. I'd of offered her something to take...."Here Sandra, how about a coconut and a plate?"...while smiling all nice. Who knows, coulda worked.

I guess I was thinking about the long-run game regarding taking something of insignificance... but in the short-term game, she was dead-on right with what she did!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by RealGuy
    If they're allowed to hide things, the best place to hide the spear is on the bottom of ocean.
    Good call, Realguy. Their bay is incredibly calm. They could easily sink their "treasure" (if waterproof) to keep it from being taken, and the spear is too important to lose.

I don't see why either team shouldn't hide their treasure; I think it fits with the spirit of the game that you try to hide something of value when you think you're about to be boarded by pirates.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

And I think they might very well do it.

+ Reply to Thread