+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    On the contrary, I felt that Rupert handled the lost spear situation much better than others in the same situation would have. We all saw how the spear was lost in the first place (i.e. neglect), so maybe a fatherly talk was in order. Don't forget that to Rupert's way of thinking, this spear is what is keeping him in this game. He wants to be the provider and without his fishing spear, he has a much more difficult time performing that task.
    I don't know.. I felt like Rupert is treating Burton like a kid. That can get on people's nerve and eventually people will turn against him (when he made a mistake)

As far as Sandra taking their tarp away, what else was she supposed to do? Drake won the RC and they were entitled to take one item from Morgan which is exactly what they did. It's all part of the game. And Sandra handled what must have been a very awkward situation as well as she could. Morgan showed absolutely no sportsmanship by giving Sandra all kinds of attitude and grief when she started to take the tarp. I agree she might have been a little misguided in thinking they would have helped her take down the tarp, but in retrospect if Morgan would have helped, they might have incurred less damage to their shelter.
    Well... for one thing.. She shouldn't brag about how much stuffs Drake has.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Did anyone else find it odd that Burton took 2 of the 5 swimming legs during the Reward Challenge? I guess Jeff didn't say you couldn't, but it doesn't seem right to me that he should have been able to do that.

Secondly, I'm of the opinion that Ryan should have outed Osten as the person who asked him to vote him out when Jeff gave him that opportunity. I don't see that he had anything to gain by keeping his mouth shut in that situation. If anybody on the tribe didn't know that piece of intelligence, they might have been persuaded to change their vote, especially if Jeff had then given Osten a chance to respond to Ryan's comments. Who knows whether Osten wouldn't have skewered himself in the response?

At any rate, I have no interest in seeing Osten win now. He's branded a big "FLO" on his butt now as far as I'm concerned. Whiners who say they want to quit don't deserve to win, in my opinion. Flo (from The Amazing Race) was the worst, both in terms of the severity of her whining and the galling fact that she was on the winning team.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I don't know.. I felt like Rupert is treating Burton like a kid. That can get on people's nerve and eventually people will turn against him (when he made a mistake)
    Agreed. Treating someone like a child is no way to endear others towards you. But given that the spear was being used by the whole tribe as a means of procuring their primary source of good, nourishing food that was going to help them maintain strength and stamina for upcoming challenges, I don't think the rest of the tribe would really begrudge Rupert for being upset that the spear went missing.

Agreed. But at least her bragging was limited to her confessional and wasn't heard by her fellow tribemates or, worse still, her Morgan opponents.

She didn't brag to Morgan. That was said in a voice-over. I know one thing, if Tijuana would have snatched the knife away from me, I would have said,
    "Well, I changed my mind. I'll take that knife instead."

I thought Morgan were completely rude to Sandra for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    He's branded a big "FLO" on his butt now as far as I'm concerned. Whiners who say they want to quit don't deserve to win, in my opinion. Flo (from The Amazing Race) was the worst, both in terms of the severity of her whining and the galling fact that she was on the winning team.
    :mad: Why did you have to bring her up?!?! I've tried desperately to forget about her incessant whining and inexplicable win!

Sorry!

I did say that "she was on the winning team." I don't consider her a winner. Zack won that show.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

At any rate, I have no interest in seeing Osten win now. He's branded a big "FLO" on his butt now as far as I'm concerned. Whiners who say they want to quit don't deserve to win, in my opinion. Flo (from The Amazing Race) was the worst, both in terms of the severity of her whining and the galling fact that she was on the winning team.

I agree with that very much. Flo really deserved to be dropped off on some lone street...just cause she whined so much. I think Osten doesn't deserve to win, or go far in the game now either. If his team was winning, I'd lay odds on him NOT wanting to leave...even if he DID get chilled at night. No. I have no respect for people wanting to bale cause they are losing.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    That's my thought too. But if Drake can sweep the next two RC's and get the entire map, the potential exists for them to find their treasure chest a full six days prior to the merge (again, assuming they merge with 10). That would give them quite a while to use any consumables contained within (food, beverages etc.) prior to the merge.

Also, I'm assuming there would be nothing wrong with a tribe hiding their valuables prior to an RC so as to prevent (or at least try to prevent) the winning tribe from looting those items. I cannot wait to see what Rupert is going to do with the fishing spear prior to the next RC!
    If they're allowed to hide things, the best place to hide the spear is on the bottom of ocean.

You know, in previous Survivors I haven't had a strong preference for either tribe. But in this one I'm pulling for Drake. Morgan (is that the name?) is so disorganized they don't deserve to win. It's amazing actually that they continue to come so close to winning.
    Osten is a whiny wuss, and I'm still up in the air over whether I, if I were in his tribe, would really prefer his low-morale physical strength over Skinny Ryan's physically-weak good attitude. What did Osten think he was getting into?! It's SURVIVOR, not a beach vacation. I think his concern about getting "sick" is actually a concern that all the muscles he has obviously spent a great deal of time and effort building up will waste away while he's stuck on an island with little food.
    I agree with others that Sandra was in a tricky position with the looting. She could take something of no value and endear herself to Morgan but risk angering her own tribe. The way things are going, I think she was right to take the tarp -- she's making herself valuable to the more powerful side. At this rate, when the merge happens, Drake will be able to pick off Morgan members one by one. It's smarter for Sandra to stay on the good side of power.
    And Drake should definitely hide that spear before the next challenge.
    Oh, and why don't the Morgan people try to take a nap during the day, when it's warm.....

Sorry!

Hehe, just kidding, but she really gets my blood boiling. I almost think whathisname (Zack?) deserved the money for having to put up with her.

Back to topic, I did think that Rupert went a little overboard with the spear thing. Burton lost it because he didn't listen to Rupert in the first place but he did apologize and help look for it.
    I'm afraid Rupert is going to end up being too brash to actually win. I kinda have a soft spot for him though.

+ Reply to Thread