+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 172

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #91
    Evil Slash Crazy Miss Filangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Looking for a place to happen
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,376
    Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    I feel bad for sandra... i mean because if she loots something useless and IF there is another loot or they go to Morgan camp and found something even more valuable compared to some useless stuff she looted, she'll be haten by drake and she might not even make it to the merge... It was a hard situation for her
    Exactly. They had nothing of value and she did comment that she felt bad for them. She looked around for their water jugs and could find none.

    If she didn't take something of value, she would put a big target on her back. She tried to be kind about it, but they gave her attitude.

  2. #92
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284

    A few thoughts about Episode 2

    Regarding the buried treasure map clues, is anyone certain on how the clues will be given out if and when Morgan wins a RC? I was under the assumption that if Morgan were to win the next RC that they would get their first clue. And with each subsequent RC win by a tribe they would receive their next clue. In this way, they would need to run, at most, 5 RC's before one tribe had all 3 clues. Doing this would allow one tribe to have all the clues and find their treasure prior to the merge (although just prior to the merge assuming they merge with 10).

    Another theory might be that if Morgan wins the next RC that they instead would receive their second clue. Thus, this series of RC's would at most run for 3 episodes and might mean that neither tribe would retrieve their treasure.

    Does anyone know for sure how this will play out?

    Also, if the post-merge tribe is allowed to choose the island on which they will reside, I wonder if they'll think to choose the island belonging to the pre-merge tribe that did not find their treasure. Then, they might have a chance of finding the second treasure chest. Or, are they moved to an entirely different island following the merge.

    And finally, I know everyone has been ragging out on Osten and rightfully so. He's a whiney little cry-baby who is letting the disappointment of losing challenges get to him. But I am also very disappointed in Andrew, the Morgan tribe's "so-called" leader. As far as I'm concerned, this guy couldn't lead a thirsty horse to a watering hole. After six days, they have no adequate shelter and when Jeff called him to task on it at TC, Andrew puffs out his chest and announces that first thing tomorrow morning we are going to build a shelter. I can almost guarantee that if Jeff wouldn't have called into question his leadership, Andrew wouldn't have made any such announcements. Instead of whining and being all pissy when Sandra took their tarp, a real leader would have said, "All right everyone, let's not let this setback get to us. Let's build the best shelter we can with what we've got." Andrew, IMVHO, is no leader and Morgan needs to organize a coup, or more appropriately, a mutiny soon.

    And, Rupert, god love him, came through again by finding the spear! Amazing! And I loved what he said prior to Sandra going over to pillage an item from Morgan: "We do not need to hurt them!" He realizes that hurting them for the sake of hurting them alone will do them no good. Rupert rocks!

  3. #93
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    Osten... What a buffoon... Shawn was pretty bad, too... Bye Skinny Ryan! I liked ya, but you were to weak in challenges, which was proven correct in the reward challenge... Oh yeah, what is up Probst's bum? He's always so irritable at Tribal Council, he kept attacking poor Lill.
    I'm sorry but ryan did not deserve to go, they all had trouble with the last reward challenge, he was just unforturent to be the first one to start the reward challenge.

    Osten should have been given the boot but most of morgan are idiots. If you got someone that doesn't want to be there they will give up when the challenges get tough and he will.

    the way this is going, morgan will lose more than half of its team before they all meet up. I just don't understand why they haven't gelled as a team. The winner will come from the drake, they are the smarter bunch, sorry andrew, but you wouldn't be my lawyer.

  4. #94
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033
    I wanted Osten to go as well, but I can understand Morgan's reasoning. If they can somehow rebuild Osten's confidence he's a tremendous asset. They're betting that they can somehow rebuild his mental state and allow him to contribute positively again. It may or may not work - though it would be extremely unusual for a strong person like Osten to be voted out so early.

  5. #95
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,747
    Osten may be physically strong but mentally he is a whining crybaby. What kind of crap was that last night? "I'm going to catch pneumonia by the end of the night." What a dope.

    I felt bad for Ryan S. Clearly he is not physically as strong as some of the other guys and to send him out first in that challenge was just piss poor planning. They deserved to lose and I was more than happy to see that tarp go.

  6. #96
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I wanted Osten to go as well, but I can understand Morgan's reasoning. If they can somehow rebuild Osten's confidence he's a tremendous asset.
    You'd think Osten was the Six Million Dollar Man in the remaking the way the Morgan tribe was talking about him. Whether they rebuild him or not, I think he should be one of the first to go. No one needs that kind of negative attitude around and, frankly, the hungrier and colder he gets, the worse he is likely to be.

  7. #97
    Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,776
    In reply to tmcrae I think they will get a piece of the map for every tribal reward challenge they win. That way one tribe will get the whole map for sure, and it also gives the other tribe a chance to get at least two pieces. But it will be toward the end of the the tribal competitions, so the chest will just be brought to the merge, anyway...

  8. #98
    FORT Fan macktheknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    As far as I'm concerned, this guy couldn't lead a thirsty horse to a watering hole. After six days, they have no adequate shelter and when Jeff called him to task on it at TC, Andrew puffs out his chest and announces that first thing tomorrow morning we are going to build a shelter. I can almost guarantee that if Jeff wouldn't have called into question his leadership, Andrew wouldn't have made any such announcements. Instead of whining and being all pissy when Sandra took their tarp, a real leader would have said, "All right everyone, let's not let this setback get to us. Let's build the best shelter we can with what we've got." Andrew, IMVHO, is no leader and Morgan needs to organize a coup, or more appropriately, a mutiny soon.
    i agree. Andrew is just a piece of eye-candy who talks a good talk but doesn't walk a good walk. He' s full of opinions of who is weak and what went wrong, but with absolutely no vision for improving the overall morale and well-being of the team. In many ways he is like Osten. I mean, didn't they KNOW they were going to be on Survivor??? Maybe a previous poster was correct in suggesting perhaps Osten (and Andrew?) thought they were going to be on Paradise Hotel or something, lol! Guess what, if you want to stand a chance of getting through to the end, you've got to get used to the cold nights, the uncomfortable surroundings and a general lack of food. What did they think they would have to do to win the big money? Stand around and be pretty?

  9. #99
    Father Time lol
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Age
    31
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    You'd think Osten was the Six Million Dollar Man in the remaking the way the Morgan tribe was talking about him. Whether they rebuild him or not, I think he should be one of the first to go. No one needs that kind of negative attitude around and, frankly, the hungrier and colder he gets, the worse he is likely to be.
    Definitely, at least Ryan S. had a decent attitude. The rest of Morgan wanted him out but he wanted to stay so he'd fight for it. I think he did give it his all. Don't even get me started on Osten, that is a poor attitude he has. I agree, next week he's just going to be worse.

    Morgan needs a win at a competition to boost morale.
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

  10. #100
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    In reply to tmcrae I think they will get a piece of the map for every tribal reward challenge they win. That way one tribe will get the whole map for sure, and it also gives the other tribe a chance to get at least two pieces. But it will be toward the end of the the tribal competitions, so the chest will just be brought to the merge, anyway...
    That's my thought too. But if Drake can sweep the next two RC's and get the entire map, the potential exists for them to find their treasure chest a full six days prior to the merge (again, assuming they merge with 10). That would give them quite a while to use any consumables contained within (food, beverages etc.) prior to the merge.

    Also, I'm assuming there would be nothing wrong with a tribe hiding their valuables prior to an RC so as to prevent (or at least try to prevent) the winning tribe from looting those items. I cannot wait to see what Rupert is going to do with the fishing spear prior to the next RC!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.