+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Nicole Delma

Our Interview with Nicole Delma

This week, we kick off our first season of Survivor interviews with Nicole Delma. I'll take this opportunity to thank CBS for letting us do the interviews this season! Here's what she had to say:

Did you have any idea, when you were called up on deck, that the game would begin at that moment?

It was a total shock. Had I known, I would have eaten more for breakfast and made more of an effort to sleep on the boat.

Did your camp notice the missing shoes, and was there any confrontation with Drake members over it?

I didn't know what happened to the shoes until I watched it on TV and I don't think Morgan ever discussed it.

Your camp had money left over at the market. What do you wish you'd have purchased with it before you left?

I wish we had gotten something to pad the shelter. Sleeping on bamboo was a nightmare.

What was your reason for approaching Lillian about a possible alliance, versus others on your tribe?

The guys (Osten, Ryan O. and Andrew) already seemed to be very close after building the shelter and didn't make much of an effort to talk to the women. Lil seemed easier to approach and I felt I could trust her. I also spoke to Darrah and Ryan S. about an alliance and they were all apparently in agreement. Once word got out that the guys were planning on voting for Ryan S. though, Lil became very upset and tried to save him by ratting me out.

When did you realize you'd been "sold out" by Lillian, and did you know going to Tribal Council that you were going to be voted out?

I knew when Tijuana confronted me about what had been said. There was nothing I could do at that point to save myself and it was only about 15 minutes later that we left for Tribal. I knew at that point that I was the most likely person to be voted out.

What was your luxury item that you weren't able to bring?

I planned to bring my massage supplies.

What was your reaction to your male teammates getting naked during the challenge, and do you think that stopping to get naked may have contributed to your loss?

I certainly don't think it helped us in any way. I think the girls were grossed out and the guys were distracted themselves by being naked and having to move extra carefully through the jungle. I don't think it was a good idea at all.

Prior to the show, you were billed as "the sporty girl", being athletic and active, and it seemed like there was some chance you might become the leader of Morgan. Was there a conscious decision on your part to put Andrew in that role instead?

It was a conscious decision to want to put someone, anyone in charge before the challenge. I could see from the building of our first shelter and the mess our tribe made in the village that we needed a leader if we were going to succeed. Andrew was very diplomatic and had leadership qualities that made him perfect for the job but I think many other people in our tribe could have been leaders as well. Our tribe was very disjointed and unorganized and I think that was our biggest weakness.

How uncomfortable was that dress, and was there any discussion about making some alterations to make it more comfortable?

I did cut some fabric off the bottom to tie on my feet but the most uncomfortable thing about the dress was the lack of it. I wished I had Lil's scout uniform at night when it was freezing and when the bugs were eating us up.

Were you and the Morgan camp aware at the time of how much better prepared Drake seemed to be?

No. Going in to the challenge, we actually thought we were better off than they were. We thought that they looked physically weaker and had more non-athletic people on their tribe. We were obviously wrong.

Thanks to Nicole for taking the time to answer these questions via e-mail, and again to CBS for the oportunity.

Great interview John!

These should be fun this year.

Awesome!!!

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Good questions, John. Very specific. Thanks for the interview.

Excellent Interview!! Thanks John!

Thanks to John and Nicole for the interview. I enjoy hearing from the folks that were there.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

oooohhhhh!!! so they thought that Drake was not going to give them a run for the money in the challenge eh? Going to be interesting to see if there is any convo about how good they did and what the Morgan tribe has to do to beat them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I'm really happy that you scored interviews again this year John. Great job!

All of Nicole's answers were rather amusing. I actually had to laugh out loud when I read:
    Did you have any idea, when you were called up on deck, that the game would begin at that moment?

It was a total shock. Had I known, I would have eaten more for breakfast and made more of an effort to sleep on the boat.
    Gee, if it were me I would have put on some flippin' underwear and maybe even changed out of what was essentially a really long tube top. Oh well, to each their own.

Great interview, John! Thanks to Nicole for taking the time to answer your questions.

FORT Fogey
    That was very interesting! I am surprised that Nicole thought of getting in an aliance when she's never watched the show before. And it sucks for her that her own alliance mate ratted her out. They could've tried to vote out Tijuana as a group then, if they wanted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast