+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Speculation

I predict Drake will get pissed at having to lug that Immunity Idol back and forth for each IC.

By the next episode, Rupert will be referring to the Immunity Idol as his. I can just see him giving Morgan instructions on how to look after it if they win it temporarily.

I'm rooting for Drake right now, but they can't win forever (or can they? ). I don't really see Morgan getting it all together, but they are going to have to make some changes when they get back from TC or they'll be back there tonight. The IC could be physical again and Morgan still has an advantage there. If Drake goes to TC, without seeing the 3rd episode it is hard to say what would happen. Because they have yet to lose we haven't seen their group dynamics. Unless one person really screws up or annoys everyone, it could be a close vote, even a tie. And we all know what could happen them, someone could unexpectedly be out early.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    I'm rooting for Drake right now, but they can't win forever (or can they? ). I don't really see Morgan getting it all together, but they are going to have to make some changes when they get back from TC or they'll be back there tonight. The IC could be physical again and Morgan still has an advantage there. If Drake goes to TC, without seeing the 3rd episode it is hard to say what would happen. Because they have yet to lose we haven't seen their group dynamics. Unless one person really screws up or annoys everyone, it could be a close vote, even a tie. And we all know what could happen them, someone could unexpectedly be out early.
    I think an interesting "twist" would be to have the reward challenge AFTER the IC, and have the team winning the reward challenge be able to take the Immunity Idol, if they think of it... this would have to be a one time thing, but I wonder if someone would even think of taking the immunity idol? I think it would be interesting.

That's a great idea, dfleming!

That last IC wasn't just about strength so much as strength and mental will power. As long as you weigh more than the person suspended on the other end of the rope all you have to do is sit there, let gravity do its thing and not let go.

At the very end when they had to stand up and take the full force of the rope on their arms & hands, that's when it became mental pain control. Rupert had that control, Osten lost it immediately.

It seems to me while muscle is important, it's never been the deciding factor in these challenges. It's mental and teamwork. Osten is just not up to it, and Andrew's (lack of) leadership is destroying them.

I sound like a broken record about this but, get rid of them already!

Well, it's too late now I fear. Morgan seems too weakened. At this point they need to resign themselves to the fact that, barring a miracle or rigged challenge, they're going to keep losing. So first they get rid of Darrah (duh, that's easy).

Then, it gets interesting. We're down to the "core team". What will these cutthroats do then? Will it be Andrew, Tijuana & Osten against Ryan? I could see that but then Andrew must know Osten & Tijuana would boot him next. So will it be Ryan & Andrew vs. Tijuana & Osten? That would be smart for Andrew & Ryan because if it comes down to a tie the breaker will be who already has the most votes against them, and Osten already does (thanks Lil & Ryan S!).

Will the three guys team up & oust Tijuana? They should I suppose, she doesn't seem to do anything. But for some mysterious reason she seems untouchable. I can't for the life of me figure out why other than they want to keep a female around & Osten would throw a homocidal fit if anyone even suggested booting his nubian princess.

Or will Tijuana (who has one vote already) finally realize she's backing a loser & join forces with Ryan & Andrew? I think I like that scenario the best since Osten's already got votes against him & at this point all the muscle in the world isn't going to help them anyway.

During all this I figure either by deliberately throwing a challenge or by a MB created "miracle" Drake will lose a tribe member. Then at the merge we'll have a three member Morgan tribe doing some major scheming to stay alive in the Drake shark pool. At that point I'm guessing some Drake members will have developed some hate for each other that supercedes picking off the surviving Morgan members. Plus Morgan will bring that loser-stupid pirate curse energy of theirs with them which will immediately infect Drake and cause them to come down with a major case of the stupid-decisions.

Can't wait for next week to see if Osten's almost drowning throws all my speculation out the window.

Great post Levdrakon

But as i am thinking abou this, I'll have to disagree on one point ..

Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    So first they get rid of Darrah (duh, that's easy).

Then, it gets interesting. We're down to the "core team". What will these cutthroats do then? Will it be Andrew, Tijuana & Osten against Ryan?
    Don't count Darrah out yet. I think she and Tijuana are closer than we realize.

If Tijuana and Osten have an alliance, and Tijuana has an alliance with Darrah, the numbers leave Andrew and RyanO the odd men out.

This leaves Tijuana the de facto leader of the Morgan tribe, a job I suspect she will covet.

And, since I'm guessing Drake will throw a challenge to get rid of Jon, Tijuana has six days to make this happen.

[QUOTE=Bumpkin]Don't count Darrah out yet. I think she and Tijuana are closer than we realize.[QUOTE]

Agreed. More & more i think Andrew's in trouble as his de facto leadership hasn't exactly been a ringing success. I sense a mutiny of Morgan - would be quite fitting with the Pirate theme indeed. If your tribe needs a shake up & i think if any tribe needs a shake up - its Morgan - then the leader has to be the fall guy.

Well, Andrew was the one talking about the core team. In order to save Darrah, the core team is going to have to be broken up. So if the core team is Andrew's baby and it's going to be broken, is Andrew the next to go?

Seems like a long shot, but could happen. If Darrah doesn't go next, all my speculation is ruined.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Great post Levdrakon

But as i am thinking abou this, I'll have to disagree on one point ..

Don't count Darrah out yet. I think she and Tijuana are closer than we realize.

If Tijuana and Osten have an alliance, and Tijuana has an alliance with Darrah, the numbers leave Andrew and RyanO the odd men out.

This leaves Tijuana the de facto leader of the Morgan tribe, a job I suspect she will covet.

And, since I'm guessing Drake will throw a challenge to get rid of Jon, Tijuana has six days to make this happen.
    I agree with you on that. They could get so annoyed by Andrew and his "great leadership skills" they might kick him out. And Ryan may go along with them just to make himself look good. I think Tijuana and Osten have more of an alliance than Osten has with the 2 guys.

As for what some of the other posters have been saying:
    taking the immunity idol away from the winner? Hmmm, that'd be interesting, especially if Morgan finally won and Drake decides to steal it. Now that'd be pretty funny, even though I'd like to see Morgan win something. By the attitude of the Drake tribe, they may not mind it as much. But Morgan might be more concerned with getting their tarp back or taking some of their sleeping equipment that they may not think of this.
    Morgan could keep right on losing, by passing Maraamu's record. I bet, had they never had the switch in S4, Maraamu may have never won a challenge.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    No, the flames/things in the intro are not spoilers whatsoever. This can be proven every single season.
    The Flying, on another thread that you started, you stated that you are a newbie to Survivor and this is your first season watching. So how can you say "this can be proven every single season" if you haven't watched it? Have you gone back and done that much research into it? Just interested in how you can back this up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast