+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They're using Casting Agents again?!

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    When they cast somebody without an audition, they just end up with somebody who knows nothing about the game. At least they got rid of her early, and hopefully Survivor will try to cast people based on personality next time. (HA!)

If this transcript SurvivorNews.net is accurate, you're right Scoobero about her knowing nothing about the game:
    Q: Why did you try to get people to go along with your vote instead of “laying low” and waiting for someone to approach you regarding how to vote?
    N: I think it was just a natural instinct because someone was bothering me and annoying me so I wanted to take control and eliminate that person as quickly as possible. I’d never watched the show before so I didn’t know much about strategy.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    This doesn't surprise me at all. As soon as I saw that there were so many this year from the LA area, I figured some were casting agents' picks. Still bugs me though.

That is so infuriating and unfair. Let me tell you guys this, I sent my application in before the deadline to only get it back then I went to the cbs website to find that the date of the deadline was changed- that's false advertisement. Boy, I guess people like Rupert, Lillian, and others before them, should be even grateful that they even got on the show.
    Don't be surprised that somewhere down the line somebody will sue them for this.

Does that mean her audition video on the cbs website was done after being cast for the show???

I think she would still have had to apply normally, they just "nudged" her into it and moved her application and tape into one of the more final rounds.

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    I think she would still have had to apply normally, they just "nudged" her into it and moved her application and tape into one of the more final rounds.
    Except that Nicole says "They approached me. I never went to an audition or sent in a tape. I was approached on the beach to do the show but had never contemplated doing it prior."

Sounds like more than just a "nudge" to me.

This whole casting agent thing bugs me no end. It's not like they're scouting for unique types. I find it hard to believe that -- out of tens of thousands of applications -- they can't find some Alpha Males (for The Amazing Race) or some Hot Babes (for Survivor)?

The only way I can explain it is sheer laziness on the part of the production staff. It must be much easier to walk up to someone in a bar or on the beach, then to actually plow through piles of applications.

Maybe when people apply for the next season, they should have them write on the envelope which of the "roles" they fit into, like "sweetheart", "sorority girl", "old funny guy", "redneck", etc.

does anyone actually have a copy of the chat transcript? i'd love to be able to read it.
    pm me if you think it shouldnt be posted. thanks!

On Primetime ABC tonight there will be a feature on casting agents being used in Reality TV programming. I haven't seen the preview so I don't know which shows will be discussed. Apparently they will be speaking to Josh from BB1 and Kaya from T1. Should be interesting though...

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/prime...ity030922.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast