+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    First of all, last night's show was awesome!! However, I noticed each tribe has a small boat to get them to Tribal Council ( or whatever it's called). Wouldn't it be possible to make it back to the village for more supplies if necessary?? Maybe Morgan had a good idea about keeping some of the money. I really have no idea how far away that village is though. I could be totally wrong.

Oh, here's where I saw the info about the village market. Sorry for looking at non-FORT info., but I need my fix.
    http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=89 WARNING There are spoilers there
    Merchants were paid for all the items by Survivor whether the castaways bought them or not.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX:
    Why is it hard to take off the scout hat? Is it glued on?
    I loved that line, too. What do you bet she would have still packed that outfit if they knew they were heading for the island?

That woman drives me nuts. All she can think about is shirts tucked in and not starting candles with fire -- all sorts of fake challenges you set up for yourself in the woods -- when she's faced with all sorts of "real" challenges to deal with.

Real to her: real in the crucial sense that she has no control over them. On a camping trip, you start the fire with two rocks knowing damn well somebody could just pull out a match. Here, they're really on their own, and all she can think about is the simulated shit.

I realize there are multiple ironies about reality going on there, and maybe that's what bugs me most about her: she doesn't. If she were laughing about the irony, I'd love her. As it is, I just want to slap her.

So who do you guess will be the first person to turn to her with stern voice and say, "One more word about those girlscouts . . .!" (Cubscouts? Brownies? Weeblos? Did we ever learn exactly what kind of scouts these were? And tell me that's not a fulltime job for her. What a weird and possibly pathetic way to self-identify if it's only an hour or two of volunteer time a week.)

OK, I checked the CBS site. Boyscouts. "She was most recently employed in customer service for an eyeglass company. She holds an Associates Degree in accounting from the University of Cincinnati." OK, I guess that's why she fell back on the scoutmaster ID. heeheehee.

Also from her bio: "She feels she's ready for this adventure because of her outdoor skills, leadership, patience, ability to be a team player, tolerance, acceptance, positive attitude and resourcefulness." Leadership? Oh, she means she's great at leading as long as everyone is 1/3 her age and will be beaten by their parents if they talk back to her. (And I bet they are weeblos.) team player? tolerance? acceptance? and most of all positive attitude?

I shouldn't pick on her, she's just a queer little duck that forgot to join a cult, but she gets under my skin.
    Last edited by Dave Cullen; 09-19-2003 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen
    All Nicole did was launch a bumbling, premature effort to eliminate her chief rival. Certainly nothing to make her a backstabber.

She just picked the woman from mars to launch her campaign, and you just never can tell how those martians will react.
    For as long as I can remember, the first person voted off Survivor was either annoying or useless. It was never personal. Those first few days are difficult enough without having to worry about who is planning what and who doesn't like whom. They never showed Nicole and Lill interacting, so what the heck made Nicole think that she could trust her especially after knowing her for only three days?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen
    I loved that line, too. What do you bet she would have still packed that outfit if they knew they were heading for the island?

That woman drives me nuts. All she can think about is shirts tucked in and not starting candles with fire -- all sorts of fake challenges you set up for yourself in the woods -- when she's faced with all sorts of "real" challenges to deal with.

Real to her: real in the crucial sense that she has no control over them. On a camping trip, you start the fire with two rocks knowing damn well somebody could just pull out a match. Here, they're really on their own, and all she can think about is the simulated shit.

I realize there are multiple ironies about reality going on there, and maybe that's what bugs me most about her: she doesn't. If she were laughing about the irony, I'd love her. As it is, I just want to slap her.

So who do you guess will be the first person to turn to her with stern voice and say, "One more word about those girlscouts . . .!" (Cubscouts? Brownies? Weeblos? Did we ever learn exactly what kind of scouts these were? And tell me that's not a fulltime job for her. What a weird and possibly pathetic way to self-identify if it's only an hour or two of volunteer time a week.)

OK, I checked the CBS site. Boyscouts. "She was most recently employed in customer service for an eyeglass company. She holds an Associates Degree in accounting from the University of Cincinnati." OK, I guess that's why she fell back on the scoutmaster ID. heeheehee.

Also from her bio: "She feels she's ready for this adventure because of her outdoor skills, leadership, patience, ability to be a team player, tolerance, acceptance, positive attitude and resourcefulness." Leadership? Oh, she means she's great at leading as long as everyone is 1/3 her age and will be beaten by their parents if they talk back to her. (And I bet they are weeblos.) team player? tolerance? acceptance? and most of all positive attitude?

I shouldn't pick on her, she's just a queer little duck that forgot to join a cult, but she gets under my skin.

Uhhh.... seems a bit harsh there Dave. WHile she seems a bit out of her element, I bet she have some outdoorsy skills that the other don't have. I know I'd want to keep her around awhile. But then again, I a big priss and wouldn't be out in the jungle to begin with.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Oh, I know it was harsh, but these people are getting paid up to a million dollars for the sole purpose of our amusement, so I figure I should amuse myself with them.

Especially when CBS refuses to amuse us with their buttcracks. I bet Osten has cheeks you can crack walnuts with.

ARRRRR! Curses on Hurricane Isabel! I lost power yesterday afternoon (still haven't got it back) and thus missed the Survivor premiere. Sounds like I missed a good one. Knowing nothing but what I've read, go Rupert!
    I look forward to an official recap (lovely posts here on the spoilers thread, but a bit disjointed, you know).
    Oh, and is there really a woman traipsing around in a scout's uniform?!
    BTW, yesterday was the second annual "Talk Like a Pirate Day". Apropos, don't you think?

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    It's being re-broadcast on Sunday, Lucy.

-Randy

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    It's being re-broadcast on Sunday, Lucy.

-Randy
    Yay! Maybe I'll have power by then....
    Thanks.

not to get picky, but they're not all getting paid a million dollars
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread