+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Man, this first episode was good... DAMN GOOD!!!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Hah! You don't like "The Ambiguously Gay Duo?" :-) Whose love for each other is obvious, because its the closest possible thing to self-love for them.

That is the perfect name for those two!!! Those two annoyed me as did Nicole, Osten and Andrew.
    I loved the pillaging and Rupert fishing...Seriously how can you feed 8 people with one fish? What were the AGD thinking?
    Sandra was ok at first but then she became kind of whiney. The rest are all somewhere in between.
    I also laughed when Osten (aka Mr Muscles) kept jumping up because of 'snakes' (mind you, I would be doing the same thing). But I don't understand why they would build a shelter under a wall that is falling. I would be a little nervous!
    All in all I think tonight was great. Probably the best 1st episode since S1!

FORT Fan
    If I had beeen on Osten's team, I would have stayed up all night weaving him a belt out of palm fronds or something in order to stifle the exhibitionism.

Blow me down!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Rupert talks just like Chris Farely.

In a van, down by the river!
    Arrrrrgh, you took the words right out of my mouth! Not only does he sound exactly like Chris Farley, but he's a mentor to troubled teens! That was downright spooky.

Sandra came across as really friendly and outgoing in Spanish, and she was both confident and competent. Actually, she was so friendly at first I thought she had run into someone she knew - but she was just chatting up the merchants. When she was interacting with the tribe later, she was a whole different personality - suspicious, crabby. She acted more comfortable with Panamanians than her tribe; too bad she won't need her Spanish again so she loses that edge.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

A fantastic first episode! I must say that the immunity challenge was thrilling to watch. The comeback by both teams was quite exciting. The commercials though: UGH. Were they always this long? When I thought a commercial block was finally over, 3 or 4 commercials would follow! Insane.

Rupert the pirate is absolutely classic. This guy is great, and I hope he stays around for a very long time. I'm surprised the other tribe didn't make a big deal (or any deal for that matter) of the stolen goods. Oh well, all the better for Rupert come merge time.

Nicole made the mistake of lying so early on, and she got the boot. Ryan S. and Lillian made the mistake of designating themselves as the "tiny minority", and they better do something quick before they're voted off one by one. Even if Ryan S. has been going at 120%, he still would be singled out for leaving the main body of the tribe during his stay there.

Concering the Drake tribe, I am amazed at Christa's voice. It's so nasal I suspest she has somehow lost the use of her nose and does not smell nor breathe through it. I am glad to see Jon being obnoxious so early, hopefully it will make him an early target to go.

I am still confused as to why some of the Morgan tribe took of their shorts. Osten's sagging could have been prevented. They approached the situation as if it was a simple fact that Osten's shorts would fall, and they had no choice but to drop theirs as well.

Oh and I thought the Sandra/Trish/Shopkeeper scene was hilarious.

Sandra: "She will give us all this free stuff if she can have your beautiful eyes".

Trish: "Awwww...how sweet, thanks!"

Sandra: "No you don't understand. She wants the eyes, and what's attached to them. To stay. With her. Right here. Let's go."

I hope Andrew's "leadership" role comes back to bite him in the ass soon. He seems a little bit too elitist for my tastes.

In any case, great episode!
    Last edited by Zaius; 09-19-2003 at 02:31 AM.

What a great start to the show. I how Rupert got into the pirate role and "took" stuff left unattended by the other team. This guys is going to give us a lot of laughs.

Didn't like that Andrew and the other guy, can't recall his name, were making fun of Blackbeard. They better watch it because Rupert seems like he can be a scary guy if he wants to.

Sandra was awesome wheeling and dealing with the locals. It was hysterical that the lady at the market seemed to have a thing for Trish and Trish was just laughing and hugging the lady not knowing what was going on.

Don't like Jon. He's obnoxious. Ryan S. is weaker than the other men, but I didn't think he was slacking off. Lillian is not making any friends by calling her tribemates "kids" and stating that she is very patient. Not a good way to make friends.

Nicole needed to go for starting to strategize too early. She just had it out for Tijuana from the beginning.

My eye candy for this season is Benton (I think that's his name). That guy is handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Lillian is not making any friends by calling her tribemates "kids" and stating that she is very patient. Not a good way to make friends.
    When she said that I thought she was talking about past experience being in charge of kids, and how that had taught her patience. If she meant it the way you heard it - or more importantly, if the other survivors took it the way you did, she better watch out. That's pretty darn rude.

There's something a little cold about her. I don't remember any of my Girl Scout leaders being so tough & formidable. A Scoutmaster is in Boy Scouts, right? We spent most GS trips talking about boys and painting each other's toenails, not starting fires from scratch. (Maybe I was just in a girly tribe.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    I love how it said "Morgan Behind" as it showed edited out ass.

Im so glad Im not the only one that saw that . It sent me off into a 5 minute giggle-snort fest... . That and Jeffy yelling "get it up" to the half naked Morgan tribe...
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Hah! You don't like "The Ambiguously Gay Duo?" :-) Whose love for each other is obvious, because its the closest possible thing to self-love for them.
    I don't find that particularly funny. As in, gay=valid, acceptable butt-of-joke. Because being gay is, y'know, a funny joke. I'm not exactly offended or anything.

By all means make fun of them, they do seem into themselves & their physical wonderfulness & all, which will probably get them booted before too long. They may be gay & into themselves & into each other. I'm not all PC or anything. Joking around is cool, especially if you're talking about someone on TV. Just the gay=acceptable joke part is all. Does that make sense?

Rupert rocks! A couple comments were made about his getting tired but I don't think anyone's going to hold that against him unless he appears to "give up" during challenges, which I really don't think he'd do. "Aaaargh, it's a pirate's life!" That was awsome.

I liked that Andrew openly criticized Ryan S. but didn't vote for him. They all seemed to vote for the most evil scheming person first. Could we have gotten a semi-moral common sense team after all these seasons???

What a great first episode! I definately think if the season started off so great it is going to be a must watch survivor. Rupert is the man!!

+ Reply to Thread