+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    The only reason I would have wanted Nicole around longer would be to see how the heck she handled that ridiculous dress for very long.

She'd have been in trouble if the zip had given out on her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

From hence forth, I shall call Burton and Shawn- Pete and Repeat. Rupert rules man I was lmao when he pilaged Morgan's stuff was great- It was deserved, imo. I like Lillian- I laughed when she told Ryan when she thought about not telling everyone else where that water source was, and then thought other wise.
    I kinda sympathized with Ryan S. a little bit- he pointed out the unorganization and lack of team unity I think that even though it was a nice gesture on Andrew's part about Osten loosing his drawers( which was idiotic of him to sell off his belt) but Morgan lost some time when Andrew and Ryan O dropped trou- that hurt them too.
    when they were in the village that woman wanted trish's eyes
    i was scared when 1st read the caption and then when Sandra translated that meaning i laughed. Great first ep.
    Osten acts before he thinks- he .. oh never mind.
    Pete and Repeat or for those of you who are tuning in i am talking about the twins, Burton and Shawn. Burton, what was he thinking getting 1 fish? I mean, I don't think that there would have been enough to share with Michelle after he and Shawn finished that one Fish. Then, Rupert. the lord of pillaged things, in all his wisdom - remembered that there were other people on the island and plenty of fish not enough for 8 he too figured that Pete and Repeat could share one. Then was great rejoicing- ARRRR! long live Rupert!
    So boys and girls what have we learned here this evening I can think of a few things- let's see - Never call a scout master a liar cuz that would you get off the island very quickly! And its nice to know that some of the members of the Morgan tried to free willy(s) in the jungle!! ;-)
    A note to you ep recappers- please feel free to use anything in this post.- you have my blessing and it would be an honor.
    Last edited by cajro62; 09-18-2003 at 10:26 PM.

Great episode... so glad it's back. The theme always gets me excited.

I loved the idea of bartering for items in the village. I'm surprised that the people I expected to like, I didn't (with the exception of Rupert) and the people I thought I wouldn't like, I do.

I felt so bad for them in the beginning, but almost everyone took it in stride.

I like Sandra, she really took charge in the village without being too agressive. I did find her to be a little bit of a whiner. I like Ryan S & Lillian and found it kind of sweet that they bonded... I'm always happy when outsiders bond.

From hence forth, I shall call Burton and Shawn- Pete and Repeat.
    Hah! You don't like "The Ambiguously Gay Duo?" :-) Whose love for each other is obvious, because its the closest possible thing to self-love for them.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Miss Filangi...I love the new avatar!

Wow, didn't see that coming...I guess now Nicole can go put on some underwear.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow ! What a great first episode. If some of the other ones didn't hook me right off the start this one sure did. MB sure knows how to grab our attention.

Burton and Shawn sure know how to annoint themselves as leaders and alienate the other tribe members (which is which?). Still, I like Drake and they didn't seem to have nearly as much conflict as Morgan. Rupert knows what the pirates life is all about and Drake amazed me with how much they were able to get. I guess Morgan can skip all of their coins on the ocean or something.

I thought Christa was going to turn out better than I thought, but that voice. She was a team player with her dress though.

Jon, started out OK, but then totally obnoxious with the alcohol. I think it was Michelle you could see shrug. He said he was a funny guy, but that didn't seem funny, but annoying. I wonder if he is using the jokes as a defense mechanism to hide something?

Rupert and Michelle were and still probably are my favorites. Michelle didn't get much airtime, but Rupert was even better than I thought he'd be. Sandra was a great help at the start, but she lost me from there. Trish didn't get a lot of face time either.

For Morgan, I think they have a lot of issues to work out. Andrew seems to play the leadership role well, but I see this tribe unraveling quickly. Lillian and Ryan S. turned out to be much more of my favorites than before, but they need to get back in the tribe fast. I really don't know what Nicole was trying to do, but she was acting too "princessy" anyway and I felt she should have been first. Making up stories 3 days in or whatever won't help you get anywhere. Darrah didn't get much time either but she seemed much prettier than in her photos . And fellas, keep your pants on when around cannons. You just won't match up.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

What a fun opener!

Yes, Darrah is from Mississippi, thus the suthern drawl. Much different than Millie's North Carolina accent tho. Hopefully the no face time means good things for her.

Ok, I am not sure about the other personalities because I was too busy loving Rupert. I am glad that my first feelings about him were true. The look on his face when he decided to pillage was classic. Did they show the other team find their belongings missing? I missed it if they did.

It was the best first episode of Survivor yet. I really loved the looks on their faces when they found out that the show had begun...classic. Mark Burnett rules.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I completely forgot about Darrah until she had that little confessional at the end of the episode. I have NO idea what to think about her.

I loved the Morgan Behind edit when they showed the guys butts! Oh, I cracked up at that point.

Yes, now Nicole can put on some underwear. I commented that it was probably good for her.

+ Reply to Thread