+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 7 Preview: Fort Writers Speak ~ First 4 members of Morgan

Survivor 7 Preview: Fort Writers Speak ~ First 4 members of Morgan

As promised we writers had more to say. In fact had a lot to say. So much that this weeks article comes in TWO parts! Here are the thoughts on the Andrew, Darrah, Lillian and Nicole of the Morgan Tribe:

Andrew Savage 40, Married, Attorney, Chicago, IL

Bill_in_PDX says: An attorney, a father of two, and a rugby player – you read those things about Andrew, and you might assume he is a straight laced strategist in the mold of Deena. However, we may be wrong. Andrew plays the video game Grand Theft Auto (which is perhaps the most lawless video game ever created); he named his daughters Mackenzie and Skyleur, and he admires Nelson Mandela. In other words, he is either very diverse, or really good at filling out questionnaires. If anyone is going to pull off a big lie on the show about their background, I predict it might be Andrew. He should make the jury. He might just be heard saying, “I object!” before it is all over.

Paulie says: Now here’s a guy who’s been around the block. Cincinnati, Chicago, South Africa, and apparently a brief stop on the island of Mauritius to scoop up his wife. While he was living in South Africa, he and his exotic wife ran an “import/export” business. When I hear “import/export company,” I immediately think “cover story for an organized crime syndicate.” Maybe that’s not what Andrew is all about, but what if he really was a crime boss? What if he still is? Now that whole “intellectual property attorney” gig takes on a different spin, right? Earning money as one of the good guys while his “import/export” business runs on auto-pilot overseas. If you had to put money on someone to win, wouldn’t you put it on a guy in charge of an underground crime empire? Boy, I sure would. Andrew will win the whole thing by using a shrewd blend of gregariousness, oily smoothness, and some good old-fashioned intimidation

eny says: Andrew Thinks he’s charming , Thinks he is wise, Thinks he is a wonderful specimen of alpha male. If he exudes that kind of bravado in the island, I thinks he’s going to be a boot of the Hunteresque type.

Sher says: Andrew is a lawyer, which naturally makes my first thoughts “there’s no way he can last. Cocky lawyers…” However, reading his bio makes me just like him. He’s got an Eddie Haskall quality about him – his answers are too perfect and he seems too sweet – but I’m going to say he’ll be the favorite guy in his tribe and he’ll last past the merge.

Miss. Filangi says: He's cute, athletic, a family man AND he's intelligent - a rarity among Survivors. He's also the oldest man at 40. 40? What is this Big Brother? He seems easy going enough to last to the merge, but has enough personality to prevent becoming invisible a la Butch.

Shayla says: Andrew is difficult to read. As an attorney and family man, I suspect he'll quickly form alliances and secret alliances. A fan of the Sopranos and The Godfather, he will base his playing style on the formation of hidden and insanely loyal partnerships. Do not cross this man. His downfall will be when he attempts to persuade the others to abandon camp, so as to attempt a better design. The others will be exhausted and will pelt him with buffs. He'll laugh it off but will call upon Joey the Hitman, the Compact Version (fits in your pocket), to fill them with lead. His pearl-coated bullets will be sold on eBay for $5000 each. Andrew will have formed and broken so many alliances that he'll almost make it to the Final Four. When the season is down to five players, he will escape being voted out by faking his death and disappearing in a camera crew's helicopter.

cali says: Although there is something that bothers me about the spelling of his youngest daughters name (Skyleur), and I find his choice of favorite color (Jaguar green) interesting, but I try not to hold that against him. His hero being Nelson Mandela has me liking him. He seems athletic, and intelligent so if he really can get along with people as well as he thinks he can, he could go far. I see him making it past merge and if he’s not to threatening in the physical competitions he could go as far as the final 4.

Darrah Johnson 22, Single, Mortician, Liberty, MS

Bill_in_PDX says: Now here is an intriguing contestant. She is a mortician, she loves to hunt, and is as southern, as southern gets. Nascar, fishing, and picking out a good coffin might be subjects of conversation around the campfire with Darrah, and I predict that the Morgan tribe may decide to bury her early. Darrah is likely to say “Let’s not beat that dead bodi… er, I mean horse” before it is all over.

Paulie says: What an intriguing blend of traits Darrah brings to the table. She’s proud of winning a beauty contest at her community college. She likes to zoom around on her four-wheeler and go hunting. She works out. And she sees dead people. Lots of ‘em. That’s her job, of course. They bring her dead people. In fact, she has a degree in mortuary science. I didn’t even realize you could get a degree in that. Not in this day and age. I imagine those folks back in ancient Egypt gave out lots of mortuary science degrees to their expert embalmers, but I wasn’t aware you could be so honored today. Anyway, what that tells me about Darrah is that she’s adept at finding the secret paths that nobody else knows about. I see her isolating other Survivors and quickly mummifying them when they aren’t looking. In this way, she can avoid even being considered for the vote. If somebody disappears, there’s no need to go to Tribal Council, right? The Black Widow of the Pearl Islands wins the game by default when Jeff casts the sole vote for her in front of an empty jury box.

eny says: My vote for the survivor that can go through anything. She navigates easily through beauty pageants, dead people, live ammo, plus has a body for a bikini. This lady will go far

Sher says: Darrah creeps me out. To have one’s chosen profession be dealing with dead people… well, I just can’t imagine it. However, the food challenge would be a cinch for her. She’s only 23, so I’m guessing she’ll be pretty whiny, but the rest of the tribe might keep her around just from the sheer enjoyment of hearing dead people stories. Oh admit it. You like dead people stories as well as the next guy.

Miss. Filangi says: She had me at Mortician. Is it too morbid if I think that's a cool job? Her athleticism reminds me of Alicia, who I adored. However, she lists Julia Roberts as a favourite actress. That's a big black mark.

Shayla says: Darrah is certifiably quirky. She is a mortician who aims to be a coroner. She also hunts. This Survivor is fascinated with the line between life and death. I think she will also be level-headed, practical, and very down-to-earth. She and Rupert will bond, due to his gravedigging past. "I'll put them in the box if you put them in the ground." Together they will literally bury their teammates, and the teammates will be none the wiser. One day Darrah will be on a wood-collecting expedition with a few Survivors, and they'll come across a dead monkey. She'll get out her poking stick and say, "Wanna poke it?" Tijuana will poke it out of friendliness. Rupert will poke it for that death-handler's bonding moment. But the others will flip out. Their pet talking parrot will say, "Wanna poke it wanna poke it RAWK" for days, and Darrah will be the eleventh person voted out.

cali says: Mortician eh? Seems as though Jan could have used her around last year. I have to wonder about people who choose to become morticians. Is she more comfortable around dead people? How will she handle a bunch of living, talking beings? She states that she’s in great mental health… did a professional tell her that? How does she know? Would someone who was in “Great mental Health” list a Dumb and Dumber as a favorite movie? Seeing that I have more questions than answers for Darrah, I don’t see her going all that far. Out pre-merge.

Lillian Morris 51, Married, Scout, Troop Leader, Cincinnati, Ohio

Bill_in_PDX says: The scout troop leader, who apparently gets dumped in the water wearing that outfit. She seems outgoing, but if she tries to take a troop mom type attitude with her fellow castaways, she may find them not quite as receptive as she expects, no matter how many merit badges she offers up. In the end, the facts are that Lillian is 51, and likely ill-equipped to deal with the hardship this season imposes. I hope to be wrong, but I predict she is goes within the first two folks booted. She’s probably going to say “I am not sure what is wrong, the fire always started first try at scout camp…” before it is all said and done.

Paulie says: Beware Scoutmasters bearing eyeglasses. Lillian worked in customer service for an eyeglasses company and helped pass out 23,000 pairs of the things in Thailand. That’s kind of unnatural, I think. I mean, it’s really nice and everything. But how does one person distribute 23,000 pairs? By being a total whirlwind of energy and a paragon of persuasion. Expect Big Lill to roar through camp with the unbridled power of a human hurricane. She’ll shatter eardrums while laughing at even the stupidest jokes told by her tribemates. She’ll cook food, dig latrines, gather firewood, and just generally do anything necessary to gain power and influence in the camp. Through it all, she’ll plant the seed of guilt in her fellow Survivors by constantly offering reminders of how the Scouts would do things and how she’s just doing her small part to help out. Finally, when she’s seated in one of the final two chairs, she’ll harvest all the emotional bounty of her carefully-managed garden of guilt. Nobody will feel right denying the friendly, helpful Scoutmaster her million dollars, and a unanimous victory will be the result.

eny says: Ok we know you are a scout leader , do you ever take off the uniform? Previews have this one stranded on the the islands in the freakin outfit. Yeesh. I think she may have a co-ordinating red bullseye that she just can’t see yet. Early boot. What’s an eagle scout without s’mores?

Sher says: Ooh, Lill has a Jan vibe about her. She’ll be burying baby “bayuts” and getting liquored up when given the chance. She describes herself as “outspoken” which in layman’s terms means, “loud and bossy.” I think she’ll last quite a while because all the other “kids” in the tribe will feel guilty about voting out their “elder” early on.

Miss. Filangi says: Her bio alone lends more than a passing resemblance to Jan... especially listing all the alcoholic drinks. She seems very active and shouldn't come across as the 'old woman'. I do love a woman that can list AC/DC, Nelly AND Garth Brooks as her musical interests.

Wolf says: Lillian looks like a very patient, positive lady which will help her deal with some of the outspoken or lazy tribe mates. Also, her wide variety of music preference will make her the "cool" older person on camp. She might make it far.

Shayla says: Lillian is a crowd-pleaser. I think she will be genuinely likable and unthreatening as a sweet, motherly type. But I think she will have the stamina to last beyond the other post-menopausal former Survivors. If she keeps her pep talks to a minimum, then she will be a long-lasting female Butch (from S6).

cali says: OK. I realize it’s not fair of me to generalize, yet I’m about too. She claims tolerance as one of the reasons that she will do well. I myself am not fond of the word tolerance. Will she tolerate these people? Will she tolerate her surroundings? It seems to me that you tolerate things you secretely despise. Couple that with the fact that I’ve never been to fond of the boy scouts and I don’t get a great vibe here. She may camp a lot, she may canoe a lot, but I don’t see her having the strength or endurance to go far. Out at the first loss for the tribe.

Nicole Delma 24, Single, Massage Therapist, Hermosa Beach, CA

Bill_in_PDX says: A massage therapist (is it just me, or is every reality show going for massage therapists lately?) who lives in Hermosa Beach. So she is used to the sun, but I am not sure she is used to the lack of In and Out Burger. On the positive side, she appears athletic, she still enjoys playing red rover (is there a pro league for that?), and she likes nutter butter cookies. However, there is a massive character flaw here, one which is unforgivable, and is the single biggest indicator that she has no chance to live… she likes The Anna Nicole Show. Sorry Nicole, that is one namesake you should have avoided. She is likely to say “Hey Ryan, you look a little tense…” before it is all said and done.

Paulie says: Nicole says she’ll be a useful Survivor because “she grew up in the outdoors.” Like Christa’s marvelous chameleon ability, Nicole’s fascinating Tarzan story is a Survivor first. Never before has a wilderness outcast appeared on the show. Like all humans raised in the wild, Nicole will almost certainly have the ability to communicate with the animals she’ll encounter. Without question, this will give her a leg up on the competition. Marshalling the local fauna to help out with Challenges will make her initial tribemates want to keep her around, and eventually, it will make her invincible. She’ll go on an Immunity run after the tribes merge, and she’ll win every Reward possible along the way, too. The final dramatic twist in this astonishing Survivor tale will occur when the seven members of the jury, bitterly jealous of Nicole’s success in the game, will vote unanimously for her to lose, only to be shocked when the woodland creatures alter four of the ballots before Jeff arrives to tally the vote, thereby giving their buddy a narrow victory at the end.

eny says: What’s Survivor without a bartender/massage therapist? Gave up a life in corporate America to be a beach bum. Gotta love that. I say she makes merge anyway.

Sher says: I like Nicole. She’s young, but not tooooo young. Plus, she’s a massage therapist. If she gives out massages to the other weary tribemates, she’s a shoo in to be the tribe fave. I think Nicole will make it to the merge.

Miss. Filangi says: Single. Massage therapist. California. Former bartender. Oh Lord, anyone with these characteristics usually doesn't turn out well. Seems very confident which can be a very good thing or a very bad thing. Let's just hope she doesn't find a Heidi to feed off of.

Wolf says: Another athletic girl. Her resourcefulness may get her far, but she does look like she doesn't take crap from anyone

Shayla says: Nicole is a thorough, verbose, and athletic woman. I mention the first two because her Favorites list is chock full of items. She doesn't miss a thing, a classic detail-oriented Virgo. As a massage therapist, she will be nurturing and likable. She will not over-play her beautiful card, and she will focus on being friendly and kind. I think she will fly under the radar for the first six or seven episodes, but will be voted off when a secret love triangle is discovered and the two rivaling men enlist the others in voting her out.

cali says: The fact that she lists “Red Rover” as a favorite outdoor sport to play, makes me laugh… in a good way. She thinks that her medical training and the fact that she’s certified as a massage therapist will help her in the game. I tend to agree… to a point. If she is in too good of shape, and too helpful and seen as a threat to go on an immunity run, she could see an early exit after the merge. If she balances herself well, she could also wind up getting to the final 2.

be sure to check out the remaining 4 next!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

These are great! Well done, guys!

Premium Member
    Good job Cali piecing everything together.

well thanks Roz_City, but really I had the fun job this week
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    Ah.. very nice all... I have a feeling that Lillian will get on my nerves... I never was fan of the old(ish) ladies with the strong leader attitudes.

Great job, all you FORT writers! You people really seem to have a lot to say... very enlightening, I must add...

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Andrew Savage 40, Married, Attorney, Chicago, IL

Here is one I see being in the Final 4. I mean, he's an attorney...he has to tell whoppers all the time! Seriously, he looks strong, powerful, but very smooth as well.

Darrah Johnson 22, Single, Mortician, Liberty, MS

I really like her a lot, judging by the interesting application she filled out. And, she's really gorgeous as well (at least in my opinion). Of course, looks can only get you so far (unless you're S6's Jenna), and I predict that she won't last too long after the merge.

Lillian Morris 51, Married, Scout, Troop Leader, Cincinnati, Ohio

She's either going to be the first castaway voted off of the island, or she's gonna walk away with the million dollars. I really don't see a lot of middle ground there.

Nicole Delma 24, Single, Massage Therapist, Hermosa Beach, CA

I think she will make it past the merge, because she seems like a very competitive player. She also looks like she could manipulate a lot of people...but in the end, it'll come back to bite her, and I predict her to tell this gigantic whopper that I've heard Jeff Probst talk about.

And this one too....

Cali's description of Lil, knowing what we know now makes me laugh. Pretty close!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    And this one too....

Cali's description of Lil, knowing what we know now makes me laugh. Pretty close!

Paulie's too Let's hope he's wrong on the outcome...
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Paulie's too Let's hope he's wrong on the outcome...
    Although Paulie correctly picked the winner, he also will be wrong 15 times, as he predicted everyone to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast