+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erin On the Early Show

Erin On the Early Show

Erin on the Early Show

JC = Julie Chen (not the big guy)
    EC = Erin Collins

I KNOW that I missed some of what was said, so these are NOT direct quotes.

JC How shocked were you at the 3-1 vote?

EC Extremely shocked

JC What happened?

EC It was strategy, someone had to go. It just was me

JC Didnít Jake and Penny say that the three of you were in a ďTexas AllianceĒ and that the three of you would vote for Ken? Did they make you believe Ken was going?

ECYes, they did. Thatís why you canít assume in this game. I was relieced walking to Tribal Council because I was sure I was staying. I assumed I was staying. They told me ken was going, they turned on me.

MISSED STUFF HERE

EC Iím happy with how I played. They have to live with themselves knowing that they lied to me.

JC What was your strategy?

EC To go in and break any stereotypes. To work hard and lay low. To not cause any drama

JC Why do you think they picked you to go last night? Did they see you as a threat?

EC Possibly. I never caused trouble.

JC We hear people saying that they go only for the money, then we hear other people say itís all about the experience. Why did you go?

EC To prove to myself how strong I was as a person. I had a difficult 1 1/2 years prior to going and a friend suggest I just try. I sent in the video then decided to just forget about it.

JC There seemed to be a different vibe in the tribe after Shii Anne left, is that accurate?

EC EXTREMELY accurate. The best part of my entire time out there was the day I got to vote Shii Anne off the island.

JC OUCH, thatís harsh

EC I wanted her off since day 2. I kept her around for strategic reasons. There were other members who felt the same way.

Another Anchor Are you still friends with the people who voted for you to leave?

EC Yes, Iím still friends with Ken. It was strategy, it had to be done. Itís OK.

Another Anchor Whatís Up with Jan and the Pet Cemetary?

EC Sheís just crazy and I love her sheís just a nut and I mean that with the best intentions. Sheís a great lady.

Another Anchor Tell us about Helen and the recipes.

EC We had themed day, one day itís breads, then dessertsÖ.Iíve made a few, plan on getting the rest. She really went into detail.

Another Anchor Whatís it like to be out of the running for the money, but get to keep playing

EC Itís great, I get to shower, have clean clothes, food. Feels good to know Iím part of the jury and get to still play.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Thanks Cali!

Do you have an idea about what stereotype she was trying to bust (no pun intended)?
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

yep, I'm pretty sure that was it

Geez... sounds like something went down with Penny and Jake. Did not sound very warm and fuzzy.

Could that mean something happens at future tribal councils that she's witness to?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I don't know

Julie brought up the whole Texas Alliance... does anyone else remember hearing about this on the show?
    I don't recall there being talk about the three of them being in alliance.
    I also found it interesting that when asked:

Another Anchor Are you still friends with the people who voted for you to leave?

She answered:

EC Yes, Iím still friends with Ken. It was strategy, it had to be done. Itís OK.

Hmmm, just Ken?

I think she was upset with Penny & Jake for lying to her about their votes (they said they were voting Ken out). Obviously, Ken didn't tell her he was voting himself out, so I wonder what he did tell her.

When did that happen? Did they show it last night? The only thing I remember is the 4 of them together saying that were NOT going to tell eachother who they were voting for.
    I just don't recall a Texas Alliance

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I saw the show too Cali, and Erin said that Penny and Jake both told her before tribal council that they were voting out Ken -- which was why she voted for him. (this probably happened off camera after their little "group meeting")

At the beginning of the interview she seemed really peeved about Jake and Penny -- making me think they wouldn't get her vote at the end if they made it that far!

At the end of the interview she said she was still friends with everyone on the show (which is probably something that everyone just says to make themselves look good)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'm not sure it was ever referred to as the "Texas Alliance" on air. But they were clearly an alliance from the beginning & happened to be from Texas.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Erin did mention that those 3 had called it the Texas Alliance-- I'm not sure why they never aired that during the show. Seems like a pretty interesting tidbit to me and would have made for a good backstabbing story at TC.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast