+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 9 "Desperate Measures"

Episode 9 "Desperate Measures"

From the hard copy of TV Guide.

"News from home draws sharp responses from the castaways that could impact one contestant's future in the game. Also, one alliance tries to infiltrate a rival group."
    A ninth contestant is voted off the island
    "That's Numberwang!"

"News from home draws sharp responses from the castaways that could impact one contestant's future in the game.
    I think this clearly relates to Helen's comments about one of the Survivors having new cars in their garage (see Promo vidcaps thread)

Also, one alliance tries to infiltrate a rival group."
    I think this refers to Ken and Jake (again, see Promo vidcaps thread), I would imagine Jake is trying to build on any relationship he feels he may have made with Brian.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hare are the clues/riddles from the CBS official site.

News from home draws sharp responses for one Survivor and may impact that person's future.

A group of Survivors renew their vow to one another and concoct a plan to get one of their own to "infiltrate" the others.

Meanwhile, other tribal allegiances fall by the wayside as one Survivor vows to "stir things up."
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Helen is REALLY starting to annoy me with her "you don't need the money, so you're outta here" plan. If you'd stop memorizing 10,000 recipes for fudge, you could maybe have enough brain cells left over to start acting semi-normal.

Since when did having a nice car in the driveway mean you couldn't use a million bucks?

She really seems to be dealing with some class-envy problems.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That always bugged me when folks made judgement about other cast members based on how much money they think they have. If you haven't figured out that a doctor or lawyer makes more than a Cop or a bartender you are pretty dim. Do they think those people should be excluded from playing because of that?
    I think its HELLen's time to go soon.One more recipe and I'd drown her and I'm not starving on a beach in the rain.

is talking about recipes reallie that bad?maybe she's just trying to put her mind somewhere and stop thinking about playing the game for a minute...maybe baking is her hobby and not making a single cake for 22 days is driving her nuts...
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Maybe.
    I don't ever think it's too wise to sit around talking about something everyone is longing for when they can't get it though.

I would be trying to think about anything other than food if I were them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree with fluff. I don't think it wise to talk about all the great food you can make, when at the moment no one is able to actually do it.

I personally wouldn't want to hear about food all the time.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Princess
    I agree John.... - There is something odd about Helen:
    1) The recepies - even if it was edited and all, she sure went on and on with a bunch of different recepies at several different occasions. Also, did anyone else notice how fast she was talking? Like on that tribal council. Maybe citing recepies is her way of dealing with stress?
    2) She was talking about food (well in a broad sense) - very bad idea, imo.
    3) Again she wanted to shoot someone (last time Jan, this time Magilla)
    4) She seems obsessed with the idea that some contestants don't "deserve" the money. Agree with all comments above about that.
    5) Why did they sit her out on the IC? She should have been the obvious choise before Clay, imo, and this IC was pretty important for them to win. Is there something wrong with her that we don't know? (Or was it a "girls only" thing? )

I don't know why they would have sat out Helen. Makes no sense. Maybe Jan just wanted to pitch in and help.. because based on Brian's performance, they didn't want to throw it.

I don't like Helen AT ALL. At one point, I thought that she would grow on me like Kathy did, but Kathy was soft and vulnerable from the beginning. Helen's just overbearing and condescending. And when she's not busy with those tasks, she's a bitch.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast