+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 8 -Post show discussion **Spoilers**

Originally posted by fluff
    Ugh, that shot of Clay staring at Erin was creepy.
    I agree that she's worth looking at, but I'd at least show some respect & talk to her. She is a person after all. Seemed to be a really nice girl too. Leering from the distance really has a stalker feel to it. Dirty old men like Clay really creep me out.

Of course, maybe he wakes up some nights and thinks he's in his bedroom, only a few feet from the master bath.
    Good point, Wayner. He's obviously disoriented.

I loved the eye roll at the end of his discussion with Penny. Kudos to the cameraman for staying with him on that one.

And the recipe stuff was hilarious! I was laughing so hard as they kept showing the guys. They kept looking crazier and crazier, and the camera kept getting closer and closer. What a riot! I couldn't stop laughing. What is up with all the recipes?!?!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Brians getting on my nerves, but to play Devils Advocate, maybe he is looking at the whole "women in the kitchen" thing through purely scientific eyes. He could just find it interesting and just happens to have a lame way of pointing it out.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by cali
    Brians getting on my nerves, but to play Devils Advocate, maybe he is looking at the whole "women in the kitchen" thing through purely scientific eyes. He could just find it interesting and just happens to have a lame way of pointing it out.
    He's definitely lame, but I think it was just a simple observation like he said.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    He's definitely lame, but I think it was just a simple observation like he said.
    He didn't say it was a "simple" observation, I think he said it was an "interesting" observation. But then, Brian would think it was interesting simply because Brian thought of it. The more I hear him talk, the more he's starting to become one of my least favorite Survivors ever; the man is a cheuvanistic ass.

Paulie, I think I hear the milk truck coming- if you hurry you can get a pint! )(Wayner tries an old trick to distract Paulie's keen sense of spelling in case he didn't spell the word before "ass" correctly.

I caution everyone that once again, editing is everything on this show.

Who knows who's idea it was to turn on Erin, it may well have been Jake's idea, though I would wager the consensus here is that evilPenny (tm) did it. They simply don't show it, nor do they show this agreement that Erin mentions on the early show.

And why all the love for Ken? He was a poor performer at immunity as well, and clearly he campaigned in some manner (as he should) to save his skin.

The chewing gums may well roll their eyes at Penny, but Mr. Clay's eyes betray him at other times, and the smaller brain may well make decisions for the bigger brain down the road.

Clearly at this point we are led to believe that Jake is a lovable guy, Penny is evil incarnate, Clay is drooling, and Magilla is more cunning than they give credit for.

All of these players, with the likely exception of Jan, are playing the game hard.

I just think to myself, the more they build up Penny as evil, the more I think she is going far...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I don't agree with Brian's cheuvanistic statements & I really don't think he does either. It almost looks like he's saying them just for the effect it will have. Almost like he's trying to play the "good old boy" role to get on Clay's good side. That's just the vibe I'm getting from him.

Princess
    I just think to myself, the more they build up Penny as evil, the more I think she is going far...
    I'm sad to say that you might be right about this. On the other hand, they were building up Shii-Ann as evil too .

I was soooo sure Penny was the one to go when they had that little meeting before TC, when Jake asked everyone whether they'd like to know now who was going to be booted. (Sidenote: Jake is so amazingly, unquestionable in charge of this tribe!) Anyway, Penny almost started to cry when she said she would like to know, and I took that as she didn't know. How wrong...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I doubt Brian was being serious and he's still one of my faves to win the game, but it sure is funny to make fun of him for it
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I agree Jodaar.. I think he might believe it a bit, but it also could easily be his way of trying to relate to the other guys. He honestly doesn't seem to see women as much of a threat though.

I'm just gonna piggyback on Lobeck's excellent post.

After last night's episode...

Ken: Still like him, but I was surprised he voted out Erin and not Penny after all his anti-Penny talk last week...
    Ken is there to win. W-I-N and everything he does, I believe, is with that goal in mind. I'm more confused as why Jake selected Erin, but then he did say he though Penny was prettier.
    Erin: Very shocked she was the one to go. Thought for sure that it'd be EvilPenny... I was sure it was going to be Jake. They just showed a wee bit too much Jake and it scared me.

Penny: Definitely my least favorite Soup Guy, and in the running for my least favorite of them all. I'm definitely ready for her to go.
    I still like her. She wants to win. I didn't want to see anyone from SJ leave last night. She cried when she voted for Erin. She has a heart.
    Jake: Still like him OK, but I'd like to know why he voted for Erin instead of Penny. My guess is Ken's influence. Very sad though all around. From the very beginning, it's been too hard for Jake to go to TC

Jan: Pippi Saggyass is just a nut. She probably won't be much of a threat when it comes to the individual Immunity Challenges, so that may enable her to stay around a bit longer than expected.
    Yeah, but she's a nut with a heart of gold. Oliver and Lucky, happy together
    Ted: Probably my favorite of the Chewing Gums at this point. I wouldn't have wanted to see the chicken get killed, either, but I sure would have eaten some! He's my favourite period.

Brian: You're starting to get on my nerves, Brian. Your chauvinistic comments are really embarrassing, and I hope you are smart enough to keep them to yourself (well, and the camera, of course...)I dunno.. I flip flop with him. I think he's pretty sneaky and has tried to conceal from everyone how much he wants the money

Helen: Enough with the recipes already! And WHY did YOU sit out the Immunity challenges?Yeah, if not Jan, then why not Clay.. or even TED? Makes no sense, but she's grating on my last, thin nerve

Clay: Definitely my least favorite of the Chewing Gums, and in the running for my least favorite overall. I will not shed a tear when he's gone. Me either. My friend loves him and thinks he's just the greatest, funniest guy. I think he's kind of a prick
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast