+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Smoking Gun strikes again.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Where's LG for the lowdown on the legality on the third year? The survivor themed restaurant would be a good idea except that well, its Clay...... Now if Ethan opened one !

I'd turn up to see Ethan opening an envelope Eny.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LOL you women are always thinking with the wrong parts! Good thing guys don't do that or nothing would EVER get done!
    Last edited by Perc; 11-07-2002 at 10:43 AM.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

<----------------- ooooh, look who's back.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ya know I love him, and he looks great, but now I have to dig up the hot guys thread for me Will fix
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Originally posted by enygma
    Where's LG for the lowdown on the legality on the third year? The survivor themed restaurant would be a good idea except that well, its Clay...... Now if Ethan opened one !
    Sorry, I've been working on my Magilla theory and neglecting this thread. First off, I don't practice in this area, so everything I know I remember from school almost a decade ago now, yikes I'm old. There are at least 2 types of bankruptcies, liquidations and reorganization (which are for businesses, not individuals). As for bankruptcies, generally once they are final the person gets a "fresh start" so would be able to keep the money. They look back to a number of transactions for a period of time (can't remember, a year or two maybe) that may be "voidable transactions" like if you sold your car to your brother for $5 so that you'd have the use of it without it being considered in your bankruptcy estate (the "pot of money and assets" that gets split up between all the bankrupt's creditors), any transactions with a close friend or relative is scrutinized to make sure you're not "keeping" your stuff close by while leaving your creditors with zilch. There is an exception for arms length transactions and special rules about secured creditors, yada yada yada. Each state has a different list of items which don't need to go into the bankruptcy estate to get divied up like your primary residence, for example, in some states you can keep "one watch" regardless of value, so sneaky people buy a super expensive watch and then sell it after the bankruptcy is final. I'm not sure if there are exceptions for money earned later if they can be put into the bankruptcy estate, and from this I couldn't tell if it was Clay personally or his restaurant that went through bankruptcy, as that would make a difference depending upon what type of business (ie a corporation vs partnership or sole proprietorship) his restaurant was before you can tell the degree of his personal liability for the debt.

Sorry so boring. And yes, 50% of restaurants in the first year, with 50% of the remaining, leaving a lowely 25% as the Survivor restaurants, and I think a nice Thai themed restaurant would be super. I love Thai food.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Thanks LG!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I have eaten thai before, not bad at all.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I've actually never had Thai food before. A new Thai restaurant just opened a block from work & I was wanting to get in there some time. What's good?

LG.
    It depends upon whether you like things spicy or not what to get, as you can get mild or spicy dishes. Pad Thai is a nice peanut sauce, noodle dish with veggies and usually your choice of meat or tofu (not spicy). My husband prefers Laab (I've seen different variations on the spelling), a spicy ground meat and pepper concoction served on lettuce. We also like some of the curry dishes and some places specialize in seafood, as I've had some really good squid dishes. Thai it, you might like it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast