+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi. I'm TheFlying, and live under a rock. Can someone explain Survivor's rules, etc.

Hi. I'm TheFlying, and live under a rock. Can someone explain Survivor's rules, etc.

Newbie to the series, giving it a try.

Welcome to Survivor, TheFlying.

16 people get split into 2 tribes of 8 apiece. Those tribes (Morgan and Drake) compete against each other twice each episode. The first time is a "Reward Challenge" (or RC for short), where the tribe wins something, like a cooler full of Coke, or a meal, or blankets, or whatever. The second is the Immunity Challenge (or IC). The tribe that loses the IC has to go that night to Tribal Council (TC), where they each cast a vote in private for a member of their tribe to go home. The one with the most votes goes home, and makes a tearful Final Speech to the camera after having his torch extinguished by Jeff Probst.

Alliances form, backstabbing begins, they get no food, etc.

And when they get down to X number of contestants (8 sometimes, or 6), they merge into a single tribe, where the reward and immunity challenges are individually won. They can be a car, a night away from camp with a shower and food, etc. Whoever holds individual immunity cannot have a vote cast against them.

Thank ya, John. Just curious, what do the tribes have to do for the challenges?

Some more questions:

1) I heard you had to "make" a council? As in stay long enough to be on a council? What's that about?

2) What happens in the finale?

3) How long is the average season, episode wise?

Thanks.

By the way, your Amazing Race 4 Newbie Post was REALLY really helpful. It'd be great if you could post another one of those, if there's a lot more to be said about the game.
    Last edited by TheFlying; 09-05-2003 at 07:48 PM.

FORT Fogey
    1) Every three days, the losing team who lost the immunity challenge, must go to tribal council, voting someone out.

When the merge happens, one person wins immunity, and its a free for all.

2) You see the last days of the remaining survivors, and usually, they always change it up, 4 contestants remain in the finale and two are eliminated.

Then the final two are grilled at tribal council, each of the contestants who made the jury, 7 in total, each ask a question. Then they vote. Then the winner is reavealed.

3) Around 13. There's not very many shows.

My explanations are confusing i know, if you don't get it feel free to ask.

Also everything is explained on the show, it's very easy to follow, so don't worry if you don't get it just yet, it unravels very quickly, but the game is very simple.
    Last edited by Siso; 09-05-2003 at 07:53 PM.

Hug me!
    TheFlying, in stead of asking for details.. why don't you watch it and find out that way... I guarantee you that way is more exciting.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

TheFlying, in stead of asking for details.. why don't you watch it and find out that way... I guarantee you that way is more exciting.
    Because I prefer to know a teacher's grading policy so I don't wonder how I got a B in Social Studies.

Also I didn't know that they explained everything to you.

And, I never knew what the wildcard round was in American Idol 2 until probably Group 4. It made it difficult chatting about it. I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone to ask the general rules of a gameshow they've never watched.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    You also asked what the tribes have to do for a challenge. They come up with new ones each season, usually to do with the culture of the place they are at in each season. But a lot of those challenges are recycled, and just given a little bit of a new twist. The first challenge is usually an obstacle course that involves the teams to work together. There are also a lot of puzzle challenges, and one where one person tells their team mates what to do while they are blind folded. There's the gross food challenge where they eat something gross. If the whole tribe does this one, it comes down to how many people ate the thingy in question. If it's a tie the opposite team picks who faces off to win immunity for their team. If this is an individual challenge (Which happens after the merge), whoever does everything first wins. There's always an elimination challenge after the merge where contestants answer a question about their location, and if they get it right they can eliminate somebody else from the competition. In seasons one through four the Final Four competition was a trivia round about the jury. (the five contestants booted, that made it further than the other seven) The Final Three challenge has always been an endurance challenge, as well as the immunity challenge for the final ten. (Not sure about Season 1...)

Hopefully this helps you know what to expect in the challenge department... That is if it isn't completely confusing.

The first challenge this season, for example, will be an obstacle course, which each team will have to carry a ship cannon through. It varies from building fires, to shooting slingshots, to mind games, etc.

*cough* Spoiling it a little John?

TheFlying, in case some things are still a little vague, you will definitely understand the rules once you watch a couple episodes. So you don't have to worry much. But I understand why you'd want to ask to get caught up on this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast