+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SNN Article - MAJOR Spoilers inside (the BIG twist)

Way too complicated for me. I think all this speculation about a player coming back revolves around the early bootees not getting the royal treatment at Loser Lodge. It just doesn't seem fair that well rested and fed contestants go up against the weary and hungry. There doesn't seem like enough time to do it all in one show either. Maybe at the merge there could be a "swap in - swap out" situation? The complication is always that they have to eliminate a player every 3 days. Otherwise the show takes too long (unless they accelerate the 1 day vote offs at the end).

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    The "Rupert is booted fifth" talk started because of the episode title. But here's my take on it. In some previews Ryan O. seems to be more attached to Rupert than the other Morgans. The other four may be afraid he'll join up with him once the merge happens, putting them at an even larger disadvantage than they are now. So if they lose IC (with Rupert back at Drake) Ryan is their target instead of Darrah. Anyway in the sense that he's overly fond of Rupert, he's his 'hero'. So this title doesn't suggest that the "hero" is booted, rather that the "everyone" is. Make sense?

This looks like a Morgan RC win, and while Osten looks dazed, it should mean that they don't exactly owe their win to Rupert, only Ryan seems to think so. Or let's say Ryan is the one to pillage Drake's tribe, and he gets along really well with Drake, and he comes back to report it to his tribe, and they aren't so pleased that he fits in so well at the enemy's tribe. Another hint to Ryan's booting (besides the rumors) is the little flub on the CBS website. In the voting history/tribal council thingy on the site, Ryan O.'s picture appears instead of Burton's. Perhaps the website people were given the next two boots pictures, and they somehow got mixed up? (The flub has been fixed now, though, but I did save the mess up onto my computer, so I have proof it's true ) The fact that they hurried up to fix it, makes it seem like it's not like their ordinary flubs that don't get fixed for a whole week.

Another synopsis is that Drake wins a challenge where Ryan is permanantly brought over to Drake due to Rupert's power of suggestion. Only the tribe doesn't like him as much as Rupert does, and they feel it would give them an advantage to lose IC and give him the boot, bringing the Morgan Tribe down to four members.
    Last edited by scooberoo; 10-13-2003 at 05:58 PM.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorPirate
    Way too complicated for me. I think all this speculation about a player coming back revolves around the early bootees not getting the royal treatment at Loser Lodge. It just doesn't seem fair that well rested and fed contestants go up against the weary and hungry. There doesn't seem like enough time to do it all in one show either. Maybe at the merge there could be a "swap in - swap out" situation? The complication is always that they have to eliminate a player every 3 days. Otherwise the show takes too long (unless they accelerate the 1 day vote offs at the end).
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by scoobs
    This looks like a Morgan RC win, and while Osten looks dazed, it should mean that they don't exactly owe their win to Rupert, only Ryan seems to think so. Or let's say Ryan is the one to pillage Drake's tribe, and he gets along really well with Drake, and he comes back to report it to his tribe, and they aren't so pleased that he fits in so well at the enemy's tribe.
    I like your thinking, scoobs. I would suspect that Ryano, as an electrician apprentice (and having held a variety of blue-collar jobs) will have a lot more in common with Rupert than with Andrew (an intellectual property attorney from NY). They may develop a strong bond during Rupert's 'capture' that might make Ryano a target.

I posted the article because I'm sure some of the people here reading about the spoilers don't go elsewhere to get any new info. I too agree that it's too complicated and has too many "ifs" to work. If the switch works like that, too many viewers wouldn't like it and I'm sure MB and CBS wouldn't let that happen.
    I saw that on the CBS site too, Scooberoo. For all the care that goes into the show, you'd think they'd hire better computer people.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Bootees giving interviews

I have a question:

If the spoilers are true, that one or more evicted members get to come back, do you think that CBS would allow these people to give interviews prior to their "comeback" episode airing?

I see two sides to this:

Let's take Lil and Burton, for example.

1) If they do come back later in the season, wouldn't CBS be afraid that during their post-boot interviews, they might give away something that happened after they came back?

2)If they are the only ones to not do interviews, then people may suspect there is something fishy going on. How would they handle this? I would think that if we hear that someone (say Trish, for example) can't give interviews because they are sick or something, it could be highly likely that he/she is the one to make a comeback.

I don't know what to think about this. Any ideas, anyone?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I've thought the same thing, oneTVslave. If this twist happens, one little slip of the tongue would let it all out. All it would take would be a mention of doing something with someone from the other tribe or anything else that hasn't been on yet and the secret would be out.
    Maybe the contestants have an easier time not saying anything than we think. They've all been back for a couple of months and an innocent comment to a family member or friend could let out a lot of info. Besides their contract, I'm sure MB has the players "debriefed" before going home as to not say anything. I'm actually surprised there aren't more spoilers, with the players, crew, families, anyone near the Pearl Islands, etc. all knowing something. Even the contestants flying in to do the shows after they're booted on TV would show who's next.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Lillian in the lateshow looked pretty happy .

lol... the big twist... Jon loses the game since he was very annoying? since it would favour 99.9999% of the viewers

I wondered about the interviews too, if players can come back from the "dead", why give them the possiblity to screw up? Why is it Lil that is the older woman that goes far? Isn't Trish an older woman too?

About people suing the show, I'm sure they are very aware that the winner can't be fixed or they will lose their audience pretty quickly. That doesn't mean they can't set up a little help one way or the other. It could be argued that sending Rupert to Morgan doesn't affect the outcome but it really changes the dynamics quite a bit. The reason that players vote off each other is to make the game seem harder to fix. Jeff can argue that since he has no way to control the votes, then the show can't be liable. Pretty good argument too.

I noticed that almost all the interviews are on other CBS shows though. I'll bet any slips are quickly edited out. I also think the show puts out deliberate mis-information to throw us off the track. I guess we will just have to wait and find out.........

SP
    Last edited by SurvivorPirate; 10-16-2003 at 09:29 AM.

Besides the Survivors only appearing on CBS shows and the contracts the players sign, I believe any money they win would be taken away and they would be sued by CBS for leaking any information at all.

+ Reply to Thread