+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SNN Article - MAJOR Spoilers inside (the BIG twist)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaine
    I totally agree with you. when I first heard that rumor I was furious.
    Unlike you, though, I would stop watching it.I did mid season once, I'll do it again. Hey i have no problem deserting a sinking ship
    BTW, there's also rumors that Rupert would get booted off too in the fifth episode because of it's title.
    We can only hope and pray(like Lil) that these are only wild specs.and no one really in the "know".
    If Rupert goes, I may very well quite watching because looking at who'd be left, what's the point? Maybe Rupert's the castaway who returns to the game. MB could realize how boring the show is turning out to be and decide to bring him back.
    While I semi like twists, I have to say I question when some of them happen. Jeff said he didn't like any of the younger people on Samburu in Africa, and while it looked like the end for Teresa and Frank, a switch comes along and saves them and becomes the downfall of the Sambrats. Tina had said that if Mitchell hadn't been voted off when he was, a switch was going to happen, but since he went, it never did. That's why I wonder how "real" these tweaks are, or if there possibly thrown in at the last minute.
    I quite watching Survivor during 4 and 5, so I too would have no problem doing so again.

They are thrown in depending on how a tribe does to prevent Pagonging.

It does seem that the twists are thrown in when the game is not going well. Viewers couldn't stand the young people in Africa and I think MB knew that would be the case, so he caused a switch which turned the whole game around and made it very enjoyable. I could definitely see them doing that again. They have to know the Rupert is the MAN!! It's why a lot of people are tuning in...he's funny, entertaining, and so darn strong.

I too am not crazy about twists unless they work to the viewers favor (as in Africa). But a twist that would ruin the game is unfair.

FORT Fogey
    I am almost certain that MB can NOT just change the rules to make the game better in the middle of the game. This could be considered tampering, and would give an advantage to some people (or one person) over the others. It seems to me that there is a law against it that came out of the 1950 game show scandal, and so any of the twists that MB is doing had to be decided before the game started... in other words, he's not going to do something in order to help the Morgan tribe from being Pagonged, unless it works out that way from the twist that he had already planned.

If you know I'm wrong, go ahead and tell me, but it seems to me that MB has said this in an interview once? Anyone else know for sure?

the thing is, this isn't played out in real time.
    Yes, maybe he knew people weren't going to like the youngin's or maybe it was edited that way so we'd be more receptive to the already planned switch?

We live in a litigious society, so I really don't see them taking steps which may get them in trouble just for ratings.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

To me, at first glance, just on appearences, I thought the Morgan's would be the stronger tribe. So it just goes to show, the key is always the dynamics of how they work together, or not, as in the case of Morgan.

MB is consistent in saying that all challenges and switches are decided on well in advance of the beginning of the show. The game just plays out.

There were accusations in Survivor I that MB attempted to influence a vote.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Leo
    Premium Member

MB would have to be a big idiot if he did anything that had even a hint of illegality, especially after the S1 lawsuit.

There are way too many witnesses to do any major changes during the game. Everything needs to be planned out well in advance in order to have the right materials for the challenges, etc. If there is a switch, fortunately it is random or tribe members pick the new tribes. If the "big twist" is going to happen, it would need to have been planned from the start because someone coming back in couldn't be allowed to be back up to 100%. It would be interesting to see a larger set of the "rules" than what is at the CBS website because I'm sure there is a lot more that MB goes over with the players and that they would have to sign.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Here's some more info. on the supposed "Big Twist" from True Dork Times: http://www.truedorktimes.com/s7/spoilers/ep6.htm
    See also: SurvivorPhoenix http://resources.survivorphoenix.com...&sid=542#twist

Pre-Ep4 spec: We think this may be the position of the long-rumored booted players challenge. Dan Bollinger first reported this possibility back in August. SNN later confirmed similar news of players returning from the dead. Survivor Phoenix and the True Dork Times later learned that not just one player, but a tribe of booted players would return. (See Phoenix's twist spoiler collection for a comprehensive listing of the background on this). Finally, Griffe posted on EZ that "New information has come in about the returning players. It now seems that there were three players that got to come back to the game." Griffe also says these players may be playing under a wine-colored flag.

So what's going on? We think the challenge will be set up in such a way that Morgan and Drake will be asked to put forward their best three players, to try for a reward they don't want to lose, or some such nonsense. Morgan, flush with victory, will offer up Ryan O. and the recently-purloined Rupert and Shawn. Drake will go with three of their own. Once the players have been selected, Probst will bring out the last three booted players (Lillian, Burton and the Ep5 bootee), who will compete as a third tribe. The twist of the challenge will be: you don't want the bootees to win. If they do, they're back in the game, and the three players from the tribe that finishes last will have to swap buffs with the bootees. So we think the outcome will be: Lillian, Burton and the Ep5 bootee (probably Christa) will join Morgan, and Rupert, Shawn and RyanO will be out of luck. In theory, the booted tribe can continue to compete in future challenges, attempting to get back into the game. But if they do, we don't think they end up being successful.

This fits a few pieces of data:
    - Rumors that Rupert, Shawn, and Ryan O. don't make the jury (see Survivometer and SNN's Scorecard).
    - Mr411's report on EZ that Christa was still around at the time of the family visit reward challenge. If Christa's still around but other Morgans aren't (there doesn't seem to be room for Andrew, for example), it would help if she'd spent time on Morgan.
    - The original SNN reports that an older woman (likely Cincinnati favorite, dear to CBS's heart, Lillian) returns to the game, and that an older woman goes far.

But this could all be completely wrong. We reserve the right to change our minds as more evidence emerges.
    This clears up some of the speculation, but some of it doesn't make much sense (yet). This makes it seem that Rupert would be on Morgan, when he is part of Drake and should be returning to them on ep. 5. (and that Morgan would have Shawn also). I still don't see how Lillian could work her way back in after seeing her disappointing performance so far. It also doesn't make sense that the last 3 out would swap with 3 members of a losing tribe, in that they would have never been voted out. If the return is going to happen, I'm not sure I like this scenario.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

It's an interesting theory, and TDT has been accurate in the past, but not always.

There are too many things that don't fit into place with that scenario...

+ Reply to Thread