+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should Survivor take on cast members that are already wealthy ?

Foggy Doggy

Should Survivor take on cast members that are already wealthy ?

Doesn't it seem unfair that an attorney that may make as much in a year as the prize money, be allowed to participate ?

I'd rather see underdog & exploited workers....so called more "normal" people be contestants on the reality shows. Why make the rich, "richer" ?

I knew it wouldn't be long before someone trotted out the "he doesn't need the money" cliche, in one form or another.

Anyone who makes it through the casting process and can survive the game deserves to win, regardless of background. IMO.

So, in answer to your question, no: it doesn't seem unfair to me.

I agree with John on this one. If you make it all the way through the process, you deserve to be on the show, regardless of your personal wealth (or lack thereof).

Isn't this show trying to get along with any type of person in the US i guess wealthy should also interact with the poor n likewise to really become survivor

Foggy Doggy
    Well I just get perturbed by the cast being made up of primarily rich people......lets have some guys & gals who really work for a living be contestants on the show.

Being a lawyer isn't "really working"?

Although I complain about wealthier people being on shows like this, it really doesn't bother me... I guess that's wierd

The fact is unless you are Bill Gates wealthy you are not going to be able to have an experience like this so why not?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Being a lawyer isn't "really working"?
    Not really....I know a few friends that have worked in law firms, and have 2 cousins that are "legal assistants". Those are the people who really work in law firms, the lawyers just sit back and rake in the money from exploited clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Doggy
    I'd rather see underdog & exploited workers....so called more "normal" people be contestants on the reality shows. Why make the rich, "richer" ?
    I'm sorry. Just had this sudden vision of casting calls at Wal Mart.
    *shudder*

FORT Fan
    Do you remember BeBe from the first Survivor? He was very well to do and he showed what little regard he had for others...his tribe hated him and he was voted off early. I thought it made for an interesting dynamic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast