+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should Survivor take on cast members that are already wealthy ?

Bee
    I think the reason why you see so many lawyers and rich people on the show is because of the length of stay. How many people can really afford to leave jobs and get it back while being away for say 50 days? Especially those with families. You need to have a really good income from one family member or a great job that will take you back after you are gone. I think that really determines who applies and gets through the interviews.

Bee

Premium Member
    The personal wealth of a Survivor contestant has no bearing on how I look at them. From past experiences with Survivor, if the tribe finds out (or concludes) that someone is well off, they usually use that as an excuse to cast a vote. I think the Dentist Carl from S3 was voted off strictly because of his wealth.

Agreed, Bee. I could do it (of course, I'd miss the FORT terribly), but if I were going to be gone that long, TAR is the only show I'd even come close to considering.

I answer to the original question posed in this thread, I have no problem with wealthy people taking part in the show as long as they were chosen from their application and video.

I'd rather have 16 millionaires who genuinely wanted the to compete on the show be chosen than have one single person who was recruited by a casting agent competing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

(to fluff, in case anyone gets in here first). Up with millionaires, down with casting agents!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    ...I'd rather have 16 millionaires who genuinely wanted the to compete on the show be chosen than have one single person who was recruited by a casting agent competing.

Amen to that Fluff!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Bee
    I agree... regardless of their income... If they are true "interesting" Survivors... I'm all for them.

Bee

Hey, is there room for one more person on the dogpile? *bellyflops onto the top of the pile of people that don't care how much money the contestants already have*

Wasn't it mentioned on the Big Brother forums that four of the five remaining guests have maids? Apparently its not that uncommon to cast "rich" people--well at least rich enough to hire employees of their own.

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Wasn't it mentioned on the Big Brother forums that four of the five remaining guests have maids? Apparently its not that uncommon to cast "rich" people--well at least rich enough to hire employees of their own.
    I guess most would consider me well off too, since I have nearly 7 figeurs in the bank, but I also am not on a R TV Show trying to take a jackpot of good fortune out of the hands of a not so fortunate person. I mean c'mon....you have it well already, why steal the money away from someone who wants to compete for it and has everything to gain from it.

John....Deena's comments tell a lot about it....why do they cast the people they do? Because they need coherent good looking people to fill the R TV casts. Most of Mr, Mrs & Miss America look rather dullard and conventional like Rupert. That is why you don't see very many guys that look like him on these shows. Actually I was surprised when I saw him.....and I applaud CBS for allowing him on the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast