+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some TV Guide spoilers

Some TV Guide spoilers

TV Guide's issue for next week has some interesting spoilage...

Thanks to SpiritOf from Sucks for giving the overview:

-The article starts by saying that while they were there (TV Guide) Christa and Rupert killed a pelican (hoping to eat it). Christa hit it with a rock and Rupert snapped it's neck. The producers hadn't decided whether the footage would make it onto the show.

-The big lie: Burnett instructs the players to dress for a dinner party, then makes them jump overboard with nothing but the clothes on their backs. They then have to swim a half mile to an island village where each tribe is given 100 balboa (about $100) to buy supplies. Drake buys chickens, beans and rice, and four jugs of wine, but no bug repellent, leading to the tribe being ate up with mosquitoes by the next morning.

-Tempers flare at Morgan about "loyalty"

-There is an "earth shattering, mind numbing" twist at the halfway point (so sayeth EPMB)

-There will be a lot of male nudity because...

-No one buys any beach clothing at the island village and they have to make due with what they have. Christa gives the bottom of her skirt to Rupert who uses it as a towel-like device that he wraps around his waist (the article mentions that he has nothing on underneath, which one producer calls, "kind of sickening").

-During the first challenge (hauling heavy cannons over a 300 yard course), most of the guys are stripped to their boxers and during the muddy portion of the course most all of them lose their undies. Probst says, "No matter how you look at it, guys look stupid naked."

-At the end it mentions that the Drake Tribe is about to cook up the pelican when the producers have to step in and warn them that pelicans are known for carrying parasites. Leading to them throwing the bird away.

There's a pic of the tribes pulling the cannons, with Morgan in the lead, and (what looks like) Andrew without his underpants (there is a red "X" covering up his bits and pieces).

They also have the little blurbs about each contestant, but nothing really stands out...

Ryan S.: Never been camping
    Osten: Eats 4000 calories a day (at home)
    Darrah: Going to play UTR
    Ryan O.: Not a slacker, but a lady charmer
    Lillian: Going in "on a wing and a prayer"
    Andrew: A brilliant manipulator
    Tijuana: Scared of eating bugs
    Nichole: Gets what she wants

Trish: Doesn't want to be "too" anything...also UTR
    Jon: Doesn't trust anyone
    Christa: Doesn't need to use her looks to advance
    Rupert: Sweats like a pig and want to kill one too
    Burton: Does not want the leader role
    Sandra: Wears the pants in her family and hopes she'll be able to lie alot
    Michelle: Cute, but deadly
    Shawn: He's going to "sell" himself to the tribe

That's about it.

I know that in these pre-season interviews Burnett always tries to make it sound like "this season is going to be the MOST EXCITING SURVIVOR EVER!!!", so I hesitate to get too worked up. But it does sound like there are some twists in this one that we haven't seen before. I hope it's a great season.

Oh, he's in serious trouble.

Andrew: A brilliant manipulator
    Famous last words...

Nicole: Gets what she wants
    Until now, you worthless witch. See her in the TV guide photo, she's barely "helping" with that cannon.

Christa: Doesn't need to use her looks to advance
    Damn good thing, too...

Sandra: Wears the pants in her family and hopes she'll be able to lie alot
    Why, WHY would she even say this crap?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    There is an "earth shattering, mind numbing" twist at the halfway point (so sayeth EPMB)
    For those who don't do Sucks ,EPMB is "Evil Pecker Mark Brunette"

And mind numbing? :rolleyes . Unless they drag Rupert to a Phish concert mid show a la BB, or do a live sacrifice - I can't think of anything that could be clased as "mind numbing"

Thanks Eny. I was wondering about the "EP" part!
    Looks like it's gonna be an interesting season. I can't wait!

Thanks for the EPMB explanation, eny.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John

Until now, you worthless witch. See her in the TV guide photo, she's barely "helping" with that cannon.
    To me it looks like she's reaching for one of the ropes.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    I know that in these pre-season interviews Burnett always tries to make it sound like "this season is going to be the MOST EXCITING SURVIVOR EVER!!!", so I hesitate to get too worked up. But it does sound like there are some twists in this one that we haven't seen before. I hope it's a great season.
    I was thinking the same thing. Considering that this is the seventh season, it'll be interesting what twists are thrown in, but the more he hypes it up, the less of a surprise it is to me and the more I expect. Matt Roush over at TVG said that, with the exception of the first season, all of the odd numbered seasons of the show (Africa and Thailand) have bombed while the even numbered seasons have been great. Matter of opinion but I'll agree with him on that. Since this is an odd numbered installment, let's see if it's track record holds up.

Evil Pecker Mark Burnett?

So what does TPTB (or something like that) mean?

Oh dear. Yep, John, he's in trouble.

-The big lie: Burnett instructs the players to dress for a dinner party, then makes them jump overboard with nothing but the clothes on their backs. They then have to swim a half mile to an island village where each tribe is given 100 balboa (about $100) to buy supplies. Drake buys chickens, beans and rice, and four jugs of wine, but no bug repellent, leading to the tribe being ate up with mosquitoes by the next morning.
    That must explain one of the guys' blue suit.
    Last edited by haejin; 09-01-2003 at 06:01 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Are they saying that there will finally be tribes with names that we can remember without twisting our tongues?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast