+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shoulders

I was surprised to hear Probst use the nickname "Skinny Ryan." In the past he has been all upset about demeaning nicknames. Skinny clearly wasn't intended as a compliment – it's the excuse they used for voting Ryan S off.

Sure, Ryan S sucked at the RC. But he performed better than the non-swimmers *coughOstencough* who didn't even participate.

Ryan was booted because of his lack of social skills, not merely because he was skinny. Rob (S6) was also physically weak, but schemed his way to final 3. Lillian, despite her lack of muscle, has also earned the tribe's trust.

But even so, maybe they should've let Osten go. A non-swimming whiner with no body fat reserves is not an asset in a pirate themed game. There are going to be a lot of challenges involving swimming. And others involving intellect. Neither of which are Osten's strong suits.

On TES, Ryan S said that his troubles with Andrew started when Andrew gave him the tribe's cash to hold. But they showed Andrew jumping off the ship with cash in hand. :

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    I was surprised to hear Probst use the nickname "Skinny Ryan." In the past he has been all upset about demeaning nicknames. Skinny clearly wasn't intended as a compliment – it's the excuse they used for voting Ryan S off.

Sure, Ryan S sucked at the RC. But he performed better than the non-swimmers *coughOstencough* who didn't even participate.

Ryan was booted because of his lack of social skills, not merely because he was skinny. Rob (S6) was also physically weak, but schemed his way to final 3. Lillian, despite her lack of muscle, has also earned the tribe's trust.

But even so, maybe they should've let Osten go. A non-swimming whiner with no body fat reserves is not an asset in a pirate themed game. There are going to be a lot of challenges involving swimming. And others involving intellect. Neither of which are Osten's strong suits.

On TES, Ryan S said that his troubles with Andrew started when Andrew gave him the tribe's cash to hold. But they showed Andrew jumping off the ship with cash in hand. :
    Maybe Andrew took it back since he seemed to think Ryan S. was an idiot or something. I can just see him doing that. :mad:
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by sheela

It wasn't really a nickname... cause they had to identify between Ryan S. and Ryan O. like in S3

Well, they could have called him Modest Ryan for keeping his shorts on.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Leo
    Premium Member
    Yeah, but that would have made Fearless Leader Andrew look bad - and they couldn't have that, could they?

The Ryan S. Skinny Saga

His tribe uses the word "Skinny" to differentiate him from Ryan O.
    His tribe writes his name as Skinny Ryan when they vote him off.
    Jeff Probst read the votes exactly as they wrote them, further driving in the insult.
    Jeff Probst actually calls him Skinny Ryan in the voice-over in the recap in the next episode.

Come on Survivor, give the guy a break!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    It's a little derogatory to refer to him that way. If they called Rupert "Fat Rupert" there'd be hell to pay.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Happy Thanksgiving to All destry's Avatar
    I didn’t like to see Ryan S. go so soon, I kinda liked him.

breathless

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    It's a little derogatory to refer to him that way. If they called Rupert "Fat Rupert" there'd be hell to pay.
    But, would anyone dare call Rupert "Fat Rupert"?

+ Reply to Thread