+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wow! 10/24 post show discussion

of course you had all night to think about it
    And I assure you, I got no sleep at all until I figured it out!

I wonder how my brain would've operated in that situation. Must be tough to think when you're starving and cranky.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by John
    Robb was on our local CBS affiliate at noon, giving an interview. He had a frickin' MOHAWK!
    Oh, for the love of God...:rolleyes:

Princess
    Must be tough to think when you're starving and cranky.
    They (SJ) just finished a big Thai feast and a big chicken! No excuses here!!

I just tried to watch Robb's interview on The Early Show at the CBS website...Didn't get to watch the whole thing 'cause of a bad connection, but I will say that he sure was sporting an, er, interesting 'do...:rolleyes

BTW, I must say it's very disappointing that they came up with a game that both teams did not have the equal opportunity to win. If someone had figured that game out early enough, Chuay Gahn simply could not have won. That's inappropriate for an Immunity Challenge, I think.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Ohter observations from last night:

- What were they trying to show us when they did the super-fast scan to the other side of the island following the boys' failed boat-quest? Last week, we got to actually see the boat. This week...was that just a quiet little cove? Was the boat sunk in there? Is that where it used to be, but now it's gone? Don't...get it...

- Clay's comment about "picking us off, one by one". ARGH! Isn't that an outdated notion now? Didn't everyone see the blueprint for taking out a dominant alliance in S4? Ferret out the people on the low end of the totem pole and blast through the top dogs. Should've worked with Rodger/Elisabeth/Amber. Should've worked with Frank/T-Bird/Brandon/KimP/Kelly. FINALLY worked with Sean/Kathy/Vee/Paschal/Neleh. Do NOT tell me we're going back to straight Pagonging. That should never happen again. Dumbasses.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    - What were they trying to show us when they did the super-fast scan to the other side of the island following the boys' failed boat-quest? Last week, we got to actually see the boat. This week...was that just a quiet little cove? Was the boat sunk in there? Is that where it used to be, but now it's gone? Don't...get it...
    I was confused by that as well, so I rewound and watched that scene again. I think the shot just starts in some random spot and zips over to the cove that the guys are bobbing in. I think it was just a gratuitous camera-zip.

As for Clay's pick-off comment, perhaps there's a question on the contestant form something along the lines of

Do you understand the concept of an "alliance"?
    a. Yes
    b. No

If you answered a) above, you've just disqualified yourself from participating.

It's the only explanation I can come up with, 'cause you're right; the notion that you can't win if you're in the minority has been blown up.

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    The key to pagonging is getting the 5th person in the alliance to believe they are in the final 4.

Will Shii-Ann believe she is a cornerstone of the hut alliance?

Will Jan (or whoever) believes they are a cornerstone of the CG alliance.

If the fifth person believes they are "in" they will continue to vote with the pack.

I think Shii-Ann will fowl things up, but only because I hate the bitch. Let the Pagonging begin.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

if you DON'T eat the food when you can, you may not be around to enjoy it when it finally is cooked up.
    No, you'll be at loser lodge tucking into far better fayre.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sure, but let's say they think they're fourth in the four. It would then be to their advantage to recruit the perceived #5 and two of the victims to go after the top three. Now you're not only guaranteed top four status (unless the old dominant alliance re-recruits someone else), but you're the top dog of the new alliance instead of an unsightly mole on the ass end of the old alliance. If I were playing, I wouldn't be content to just clock in at #4. I'd want to find a way to win out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast