+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wow! 10/24 post show discussion

I'll try to give you a recap as best I can. It was kinda confusing.

There were 21 flags. Whoever captured the last flag won immunity.

You could take 1-2 or 3 flags per tribe, per turn. It was all strategy. Somewhere along the lines, SJ screwed themselves over, leaving 4 flags. Since you could only take 3 flags, they lost. It didn't matter if they only took one or two flags, CG would have been able to take the very last flag with their turn.

In a surprisingly touching move, when there were 4 flags, Sook Jai decided to take 3 flags.. leaving the 1 flag out there for Chuya Gahn. Penny congratulated Clay in a very sincere moment. Then, all of Chuya Gahn went out to symbolically take the last flag. I admit it, I got choked up.

Sook Jai really wanted that immunity. There is no way that loss was easy for them.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Thank You very much. Very good explanation
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

Glad to help!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

We had a "Sniper Update" for the first 15 minutes. Came in after the reward challenge was tied at 4!
    Great news about the sniper, but I wish I'd gotten to see a few more minutes of the challenge (or the Robb/Ken fight, or the swim for the boat....)

ANYWAY, What I saw was good.
    Robb?!?!?! I don't know....I missed the fight, but the 180 was "funny" to me He did seem genuine while having the feast and talking about his views being changed a little. I tend to agree with Mdrio though. I get sick and tired of reality show contestants "Loving" eachother after a couple days..... Yeah, theyv'e been their a while..... but........
    Shii Anne (Let me get ready to run) I still like her
    JAKE!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely adore him now One of my favorites. I'll be happy if he wins Why? Because last week and this week he thanked the chicken for it's life... yes, some of you may find that corny. I think it is wonderful. There are other reasons too, he's level headed, calm etc....
    Jan... I'd have been upset to have found a dead bat too, may even have buried it.... would I have held a ceremony? I hope not I thought the fact that she was touched by it's death was sweet, but naming it?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I can't stand Shii Ann, she has to be the smuggest b1tch I've ever seen.
    I don't see one likeable quality about her.
    They should have ditched her. Even though Robb wasn't voting with them for now, I still think he is more likely to stick with them after the merge. Shii Ann is useless in the challenges.
    She sits out virtually every physical challenge and where the hell was her super-intelligence during last nights IC.
    The previews show Ken already concerned that Shii Ann is going to jump ship.

Uh, you just had a huge feast, why are you killing yet another chicken?
    This tribe aren't even bothering to ration their food.
    The bananas looked pretty ripe to me.
    They should be eating them as they spoil - live chickens don't.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-25-2002 at 09:04 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

and where the hell was her super-intelligence during last nights IC.
    We were rollin' here, seemed like her super intelligence only served to figure out that the other guys won She did seem proud of the fact that she figured out that there was nothing they could do to win

Uh, you just had a huge feast, why are you killing yet another chicken?
    This tribe aren't even bothering to ration their food.
    The bananas looked pretty ripe to me.
    They should be eating them as they spoil - live chickens don't.
    I was wondering the exact same thing... what the hell is up with that? How many frickin' chickens did they get anyway? They are eating better than any tribe I have ever seen....You'da thunk they'd have done better on the mental challenge
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I can't stand Shii Ann, she has to be the smuggest b1tch I've ever seen. I don't see one likeable quality about her.
    Same here.

I know Shii-Ann said she could do puzzles in her sleep, but the rest of them looked like idiots when they just sat their looking at Shii-Ann to tell them what the next move was. :rolleyes
    Shii-Ann even said at one point, "You guys need to help me figure this out."

I thought of another possiblity about them voting Robb off

Maybe they wanted to vote him off before he said something stupid again & pissed everyone off. Maybe they wanted their last memory of him to be a pleasant one? Just another theory I came up with...

Fluff, you and I disagree on the chicken thing. My feeling on Survivor is (and has been), you never know what's going to happen next, so use what ya got when ya got it.

If you have chickens, don't waste your time waiting for eggs, eat them and provide yourself energy for the challenges. Ya got bananas, eat 'em until you're full. The name of the game in this game is energy. Those with it win, and those without it lose. That, and if you DON'T eat the food when you can, you may not be around to enjoy it when it finally is cooked up.

Shii Ann really screwed up that last challenge. My wife pointed out that Sook Jai had it won when there were nine flags left. All they had to do was take one flag, and victory was theirs. Where was Shii Ann's awesome intellect on that one?

I think they had to get rid of Robb, BTW, because of his mouth. They couldn't have him flapping his gums when the tribes merge. There's no such things as a secret with Robb. He's the male Kimmi.

And Jake. MAN, do I love that guy! I'm so excited that I have him in the office pool. Did you see the sincere and pained head-shake he gave when Jeff said, "Great game, huh?" He was genuinely upset to have to let Robb go, but, strategically, it was the right thing to do.

Robb's strength in the individual immunities would've been a factor, as well. Historically, the vote prior to the merge has been a good one for kicking off potential individual threats (Joel, Michael doesn't count, Lindsey, Gina).
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast