+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All-Star Survivor News

All-Star Survivor News

(A blurb from a longer article at the USA TODAY website...)

The nostalgia parade continues: Joining a previously announced Dick Van Dyke Show reunion this season is an Andy Griffith Show special, with Griffith, Don Knotts and Ron Howard due back. Also in the hopper: The all-star Survivor 8, featuring returning contestants, will premiere in February, and a 75th network anniversary special airs Nov. 2, following similar self-celebrations by NBC and ABC in the past year.

Hopefully the all-star version won't be filled with previous contestants alone... haven't we had enough of them?!
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

Leo
    Premium Member
    I've already forgotten who was supposed to be in - is Richard Hatch from S1 in? I hope we don't have to see him naked again.

FORT Newbie
    I agree that it would be much more interesting if winners were excluded. I would also delay it to S9, so that two best non-winners, or personalities from each of the first 8 seasons could be included. I would break each pair up so that none originate on the same tribe, balance the sexes, and as much as possible age and ethnicity.

However, given the names announced so far, it seems certain that all of the first six winners will be included, and the demographics will reflect the first few seasons of the show, old and white.

Adding those competitors deemed most deserving because they really stood out by winning or contributing to a lot of challenges, or seemed to play the politics of the game at a high level, I would have to add Colby (S2), Lex & Kim J (S3), Kathy (S4), Helen (S5), Matt & Rob (S6).

I think that odd years versus even years, early seasons (1-3) versus latest (4-6), male versus female, or young versus old tribes would ALL be poor ideas and present boring play, but you have to wonder about the viability of many of these competitors, if separated from the alliances they formed the first time around.

Break up any previous alliances in the initial tribes, spread out the winners, and try to balance gender and age, such as:

Tribe Tagogabartam Jai:
    Richard Hatch, 42 (S1*)
    Jenna Morasca, 22 (S6*)
    Colby Davidson, 28 (S2)
    Vecepia Towery, 37 (S4*)
    Lex van de Berghe, 39 (S3)
    Kim Johnson, 59 (S3)
    Matthew von Ertfelda, 33 (S6)
    Helen Glover, 48 (S5)

Tribe Paguchsamuru Ghan:
    Tina Wesson, 42 (S2*)
    Ethan Zohn, 29 (S3*)
    Susan Hawk, 40 (S1)
    Brian Heidik, 35 (S5*)
    Jerri Manthey, 32 (S2)
    Rudy Boesch, 75 (S1)
    Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, 49 (S4)
    Rob Cesternino, 25 (S6)

It's obviously already been ruled out as an option, but I think a much more interesting event (and far more interesting voyeuristically) would pit the brightest, strongest, and youngest (under 30) of those that were eliminated too early from previous seasons. Here's who my first choices would be (with a few honorable mentions for those that I'm sure would pass up the opportunity).

Tribe Sook Barrasolaqui:
    Colleen Haskell, 25 (S1)
    Nick Brown, 25 (S2)
    Jessie Camacho, 28 (S3)
    Gabriel Cade, 24 (S4)
    Erin Collins, 27 (S5)
    Dave Johnson, 25 (S6)
    Heidi Strobel, 25 (S6)
    Silas Gaither, 25 (S3)

Tribe Chuay Rattmotamundi:
    Greg Buis, 26 (S1)
    Elisabeth Filarski, 25 (S2)
    Clarence Black, 26 (S3)
    Sarah Jones, 25 (S4)
    Jed Hildebrand, 26 (S5)
    Shawna Mitchell, 24 (S6)
    Colby Davidson, 28 (S2)
    Jenna Lewis, 24 (S1)

Back-ups
    Rob Cesternino, 25 (S6)
    Robb Zbacnik, 24 (S4)
    Ryan Aiken, 24 (S6)
    Joel Klug, 30 (S1)
    Nelah Davis, 23 (S4)
    Kelly Goldsmith, 24 (S3)
    Amber Brkich, 24 (S1)
    Gina Crews, 29 (S4)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    I agree that it would be much more interesting if winners were excluded. I would also delay it to S9, so that two best non-winners, or personalities from each of the first 8 seasons could be included. I would break each pair up so that none originate on the same tribe, balance the sexes, and as much as possible age and ethnicity.

However, given the names announced so far, it seems certain that all of the first six winners will be included, and the demographics will reflect the first few seasons of the show, old and white.

Adding those competitors deemed most deserving because they really stood out by winning or contributing to a lot of challenges, or seemed to play the politics of the game at a high level, I would have to add Colby (S2), Lex & Kim J (S3), Kathy (S4), Helen (S5), Matt & Rob (S6).

I think that odd years versus even years, early seasons (1-3) versus latest (4-6), male versus female, or young versus old tribes would ALL be poor ideas and present boring play, but you have to wonder about the viability of many of these competitors, if separated from the alliances they formed the first time around.

Break up any previous alliances in the initial tribes, spread out the winners, and try to balance gender and age, such as:

Tribe Tagogabartam Jai:
    Richard Hatch, 42 (S1*)
    Jenna Morasca, 22 (S6*)
    Colby Davidson, 28 (S2)
    Vecepia Towery, 37 (S4*)
    Lex van de Berghe, 39 (S3)
    Kim Johnson, 59 (S3)
    Matthew von Ertfelda, 33 (S6)
    Helen Glover, 48 (S5)

Tribe Paguchsamuru Ghan:
    Tina Wesson, 42 (S2*)
    Ethan Zohn, 29 (S3*)
    Susan Hawk, 40 (S1)
    Brian Heidik, 35 (S5*)
    Jerri Manthey, 32 (S2)
    Rudy Boesch, 75 (S1)
    Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, 49 (S4)
    Rob Cesternino, 25 (S6)

It's obviously already been ruled out as an option, but I think a much more interesting event (and far more interesting voyeuristically) would pit the brightest, strongest, and youngest (under 30) of those that were eliminated too early from previous seasons. Here's who my first choices would be (with a few honorable mentions for those that I'm sure would pass up the opportunity).

Tribe Sook Barrasolaqui:
    Colleen Haskell, 25 (S1)
    Nick Brown, 25 (S2)
    Jessie Camacho, 28 (S3)
    Gabriel Cade, 24 (S4)
    Erin Collins, 27 (S5)
    Dave Johnson, 25 (S6)
    Heidi Strobel, 25 (S6)
    Silas Gaither, 25 (S3)

Tribe Chuay Rattmotamundi:
    Greg Buis, 26 (S1)
    Elisabeth Filarski, 25 (S2)
    Clarence Black, 26 (S3)
    Sarah Jones, 25 (S4)
    Jed Hildebrand, 26 (S5)
    Shawna Mitchell, 24 (S6)
    Colby Davidson, 28 (S2)
    Jenna Lewis, 24 (S1)

Back-ups
    Rob Cesternino, 25 (S6)
    Robb Zbacnik, 24 (S4)
    Ryan Aiken, 24 (S6)
    Joel Klug, 30 (S1)
    Nelah Davis, 23 (S4)
    Kelly Goldsmith, 24 (S3)
    Amber Brkich, 24 (S1)
    Gina Crews, 29 (S4)
    to the FORT, Jimbo. You have really thought this out, haven't you? You have good ideas.

I don't like the idea of previous winners (except Ethan). Regardless of who is on, I can't wait.

+ Reply to Thread