+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 post show discussion ***Spoilers***

Originally posted by Wayner
    When (I think it was Jake) said something like "We didn't pay attention - Robb does that all the time" I had this image of Robb as the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf. The thought of him in the woods yelling "Dude! Wolf! I'm not kiddin'! WOOOLLLLFF DUUUUDE!" cracked me up.
    exactly. i wasn't laughing at him getting hurt, i was laughing at his jumping and screaming and the teammates just acting as if it were a normal "robb" thing to do!

and i'm not sure who said it first, but i agree... i thought it was very narrow minded of the tribe to look down on shii ann for eating the liver and neck and heart of the chicken. different cultures do different things... you'd think they would understand this. now if she was just being hygenically nasty, that's another story, but you know what? i'm pretty sure no one had their napkins in their laps while eating that chicken.

re: brian... what was the deal with him spitting!?! i commented on that to my bf as well. freakin' weird.

re: shii ann again... she is arrogant. that's what makes the others not like her. i honestly think that they aren't equating her race/creed/color as a reason to dislike her. she just has moments of being truly unlikable, imo.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    OMG, I laughed so hard when nobody noticed Robb being "attacked" I watched it 3 times on the Tivo!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Also, not sure why anyone would comment on how gross it is to eat a boiled chicken neck when the other options are rats and dead squid washed up on the beach.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by BravoFan
    Also, not sure why anyone would comment on how gross it is to eat a boiled chicken neck when the other options are rats and dead squid washed up on the beach.
    indeed! i was thinking that my damn self!!

The thought of him in the woods yelling "Dude! Wolf! I'm not kiddin'! WOOOLLLLFF DUUUUDE!" cracked me up.
    So true. It was funny to see him flailing around in the surf while everyone else was exchanging recipes or whatever they were doing.

As for the switch, I think it would have been very difficult for any player to agree to switch. First of all, you're wandering over into a new situation as the new minority member. For whatever reason, tribal lines are so powerful that most players can't see past them.

That being said, there are two players who should have considered it, anyway: Jan and Stephanie. The reason is that they were already next on the chopping block for their tribes, and they knew it. Your best chance, then, is to try for a fresh start with the other team and maybe identify some chinks in the armor you can exploit. Jan, in particular, needed to see that she could relocate to the physically stronger team and potentially skip Tribal Council altogether until the merge. Even if she was first on their hit list, it might never matter.

What would have been funny as hell would have been to see a couple of hands sneak tentatively in the air after Jeff asked if anyone wanted to switch tribes, then tell them, "OK, great. We won't be doing that, but good to know."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Speaking of Ken, how cute the way he "dominated" the SJ side of the auction.
    Believe it or not, Kylie, I thought of you last night when he was handling all the bidding for Sook Jai. I knew you'd be proud of your boy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

As much as the previews were big duds for last night's episode, I enjoyed it.

Jodaar, I hate to admit it, I ended up liking Stephanie last night. I thought it was good how she kind of pitched in and tried to get along with everyone else. I wanted Shii-Ann to go, but Stephanie got a lot of credit in my eyes. I even bought her, "If you are starving, you're gonna get pissy" excuse.

I thought Brian and Ted were really buddy buddy, but looks like Brian is REALLY reluctant to join any alliance.

Clay was so incredibly annoying. Same with Jan. Good Lord.

The switch was anti-climatic. How dumb is MB? Does he think that anyone is going to speak up and say, "I hate this tribe?" Especially since no one knows for sure what would happen.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Princess
    What would have been funny as hell would have been to see a couple of hands sneak tentatively in the air after Jeff asked if anyone wanted to switch tribes, then tell them, "OK, great. We won't be doing that, but good to know."
    (Oh so mean and evil... , and it would have been so much fun!!!)
    I hate to admit it, I ended up liking Stephanie last night.
    ITA, I think she pulled herself together, but alas, I always liked her - however, it's a game and you gotta play it - can't be standing on the barricades fighting everyone else alone, even if your'e "right".

Believe it or not, Kylie, I thought of you last night when he was handling all the bidding for Sook Jai. I knew you'd be proud of your boy.
    Aww I'm in Paulie's thoughts.

But yes, I was very proud. My "boy" did a great job! It was nice when Robb was complaining a/b the other guys getting the margaritas, Ken said something along the lines of congratulations guys, enjoy it. Aww.

I liked that too Kylie. I like my men decisive.

I might have to rethink that time-sharing agreement we have. I can't bear to give up Heath, but we can always trade nights. Ken was looking pretty fine and judging by the previews.... he's going to rip Robb a new one.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast