Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jenna and Heidi to pose in Playboy

Leo
    Premium Member

Jenna and Heidi to pose in Playboy

That didn't take too long, did it?

'Survivor' Gals Strip for Playboy
    Mon, Jun 9, 2003 11:14 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - When the American people last saw Jenna Morasca and Heidi Strobel disrobing, they were emaciated and willing to remove their clothes for
    peanut butter and chocolate. An opportunity to see the "Survivor: The Amazon" gals under healthier circumstances and without that annoying pixelation will come with Jenna and Heidi do tasteful nudity in the August issue of Playboy.

The New York Post reports the pictorial, featuring 21-year-old model Jenna and 24-year-old gym teacher Heidi, was shot soon after the show's May 11 finale. Jenna, who won the season's million dollar prize, may snag another million for her spot on the cover of the men's magazine.

Playboy Editorial Director James Kaminsky, who calls the peanut butter incident a "classic moment of primetime television" tells the Post that "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett and CBS had the right to decline the girls permission to pose, but chose not to.

"As soon as Mark Burnett found out that we were making these overtures to the girls, he thought that this was a great thing and supported it," Kaminsky says.

Soon after her victory, CBS actually denied Jenna's request to pose semi-nude for a PETA anti-fur ad, a position the network later took back.

Apparently, Playboy has had to accelerate its production process to get the "Survivor" pictorial on the streets less than 90 days after the photo session.

All those who are surprised, please raise your hands...

Anybody?

Anybody?

Here's the Yahoo news item for the same story:

>

"Survivor" Jenna Poses for "Playboy"
    Mon Jun 9, 4:30 PM ET

By Lia Haberman

The last time audiences got a glimpse of Jenna Morasca's, um, assets, the Survivor: Amazon winner was disrobing for some chocolate and peanut butter.

At least this time she's being properly compensated.

Playboy confirmed today that the 21-year-old swimsuit model has posed in the buff for their August issue. Payment, in peanut butter or otherwise, was not disclosed but it's estimated the jungle babe could earn up to $1 million for the pictorial.

Also appearing in the feature, Jenna's bosom buddy and fellow freakin' evil stepsister Heidi Strobel, a phys-ed teacher from Missouri.

The winsome twosome caught the attention of Playboy editors when they went topless and bottomless, albeit with parts blurred, in the sixth installment of CBS' Survivor. (Chunky first season veteran Richard Hatch also generated buzz by going native, but viewers weren't exactly clamoring for more of the Snake.)

Another Survivor alum who's graced the pages of Playboy is The Australian Outback's Jerry Manthey, but Morasca is the first $1 million winner to pose for the magazine.

Jenna wasted little time disrobing after winning the title of sole Survivor last month. She shot the Playboy pictorial at a Brooklyn studio the morning after she was crowned during a live telecast May 11.

Playboy editors then went into overdrive, charged with the task of turning the sexy photo shoot into a glossy spread within 90 days. It's the fastest turnaround ever executed by the magazine.

And it all happened with the blessing of CBS and Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett, who have the veto power to control contestants' media appearances for up to a year after the show airs.

Just last month, CBS nixed plans for Jenna to appear in an anti-fur campaign for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals citing "contractual obligations."

The network has since relented, clearing the way for Jenna to don a fake fur bikini (think Raquel Welch (news) in 1966's One Million Years B.C.).

"We simply believed it was right thing to do," explained network spokesman Chris Ender. "Jenna wanted to participate, and PETA adjusted the ad to where the Survivor brand was not mentioned. Everybody was happy."

Originally, CBS claimed to object to the group cashing in on Jenna's Survivor notoriety, including a slogan that read "Animals Need Fur to Survive--You Don’t."

Sources had also pointed to the prior bad blood between the network and the animal rights group as the cause of the snafu.

Pro-vegetarian PETA activists picketed the Eye network three years ago after the original group of would-be Gilligans munched on barbecued rats. Survivor drew even more protests from the animal rights group during the second season when tribe members clubbed chickens for breakfast and Michael Skupin carved up a slow-moving wild sow.

But in an interview last month Ender denied that CBS has an axe to grind.

"We harbor no grudge against PETA," said the spokesman at the time. "In some ways, we're grateful. They've provided us with some of the best publicity we ever had in the first season."
    ~M o s a i K~

They sure didn't take long

fellow freakin' evil stepsister
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Not surprised. Not surprised at all.

So wonder how much Heidi gets paid? And if the school is renewing her contract this fall? Wah ha ha.

24-year-old gym teacher Heidi
    Shouldn't this be "24-year-old EX-gyn teasher Heidi" after a Playboy shoot? I mean, come on, they're not THAT hard up for gym teachers in Eldon, are they?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Shocker. :rolleyes
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by Mosaik

Jenna wasted little time disrobing after winning the title of sole Survivor last month. She shot the Playboy pictorial at a Brooklyn studio the morning after she was crowned during a live telecast May 11.
    Does anyone else find that pretty sad? I see this girl getting into the adult entertainment industry fairly quickly.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Originally posted by John
    Shouldn't this be "24-year-old EX-gyn teasher Heidi" after a Playboy shoot? I mean, come on, they're not THAT hard up for gym teachers in Eldon, are they?
    Has she not been fired already? If not, this should do it for sure...

JR.
    Originally posted by spegs
    Does anyone else find that pretty sad? I see this girl getting into the adult entertainment industry fairly quickly.
    SWEET!

Uh..I mean shame on her

ewwww...Neither of these women do a thing for me. And I keep having this mental picture of them entwined with the other like they always seemed to be on the show. Of course I'm not a 20something year old male so I'm clearly not the target audience for this.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast